WDW Spirited Quickees

WDW1974

Original Poster
What did he say?

He referred to her as a ''raving EPCOT fan'', which he and she -- and every fanboi alive -- knows isn't the case. It was a slap in the face of someone who is leaving the company soon. He also made sure to not hug her or shake her hand or make any 'normal' physical contact.

lazyboy97o

He referred to her as a ''raving EPCOT fan'', which he and she -- and every fanboi alive -- knows isn't the case. It was a slap in the face of someone who is leaving the company soon. He also made sure to not hug her or shake her hand or make any 'normal' physical contact.
I've heard some sound bites, and in a way I am glad I was not there this year. A lot of superficial nonsense spouted by people who don't seem very good at feigning a damn bit of enthusiasm.

Funmeister

So...it seems as though the way Universal follows up the current park expansions is with another park. I know there is the debate about no room vs. re-purchasing the plot of land they owned previously. Is it possible that Disney will continue to lag behind Universal until they decide to build the fifth gate? I mean I know there are tons of plans for the current parks but if Universal is committed to the theme park business, you can bet they are going to find a way (again) to get the space to build more hotels, park(s) and other resort ammenities.

In my opinion, Disney will continue to fall behind until the theme park wars come to a head with the announcement of additional parks in central Florida by both companies. Now, I do not think this will happen anytime soon but will within the next 10 to 15 years. Universal will expand to continue to take market share from Disney while Disney will expand to justify creating more DVC.

IOA has a great expansion pad with Jurassic Park and a possible re-working of Toon Lagoon. US has proven they are ok with tearing down entire attractions and/or lands to re-purpose. Not to mention the studios park also has a few expansion pads. Jurassic Park attraction was originally planned to go between BTTF and MIB at one time. Not sure if that space is still available. If Kong and Jaws went up on the cutting block...nothing is safe. I think ET and Terminator are not for long in this world.

The most exciting part of this is that the guests win with new attractions going in at both resorts...just some are a little slower than others.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So...it seems as though the way Universal follows up the current park expansions is with another park. I know there is the debate about no room vs. re-purchasing the plot of land they owned previously. Is it possible that Disney will continue to lag behind Universal until they decide to build the fifth gate?

Sorry, but I stopped reading and taking your post seriously when I read the above sentence.

suburbianj

yeh,paramount seem to have the right idea,licence out the use of the name and themed rides. Yesterday there was an announcement of a $3 billion theme park being built in kent,england, which will rival disneyland paris,and from what i read,there may be some sort of iron man and indiana jones attraction,although personally i think they may just use their own films like mission impossible (stunt show?) or tomb raider (runaway mine train?) to save paying licencing fees to disney or spielberg. Its also doubtful disney would give iron man to them as they have the possibility of cloning the future disneyland california iron man ride in paris?but,if i were disney id worry as if the plans do go ahead then paramount may be onto a winner in england,and paris will have a big pain in the just like disneyworld florida is having with universal right now!

Longhairbear

Iger isn't well-liked at all, especially among the most important people and, right now, Ike and John Lasseter would be two of them. And they basically can't stand the guy at all ... so he'd fit into politics perfectly, especially in NY where he could play on all the good that Disney did by cleaning up Times Square etc.
Is Iger Ike's puppet? I'd never heard of Ike before this past weekend, so I'm just trying to remember exactly what I was told about Ike that I didn't write about online.

djlaosc

No. Don't know more.

Just that security at CBR is much higher than at any other WDW resort I have been to ... including the monorail resorts and DAK Lodge and BW ... I have no idea why that is.

OK. Thanks for letting us know.

Let us know if you hear anymore about it.

djlaosc

Be careful what you wish for! Add 'Paris' style financial woes' to TDO's 'managerial incompetence', and Orlando too could end up with monstrosities such as this one from DLP:

98040824_4af099c2c3.jpg

Hey, I've dined there before ... worst McD's experience in Europe.

I ate there back in 2002 - food was cold and it came with one of those healthy Actimel yoghurt drink things instead of a soda - needless to say I wasn't impressed.

SirLink

I can't agree with NEXT GEN in any way, shape or form.

He is the exec in charge of its implementation at WDW ... so I think he's savvier than he appears and that he is using the goodwill he garnered as EPCOT's VP when the fanbois forced Disney into acknowledging the park's 25th in 2007 as a Pixie Dust Card.

So will be kicked to the metaphorical curb, or in the case of O-town the swamp, when a new CEO comes in?

Figment1986

IOA has a great expansion pad with Jurassic Park and a possible re-working of Toon Lagoon. US has proven they are ok with tearing down entire attractions and/or lands to re-purpose. Not to mention the studios park also has a few expansion pads. Jurassic Park attraction was originally planned to go between BTTF and MIB at one time. Not sure if that space is still available. If Kong and Jaws went up on the cutting block...nothing is safe. I think ET and Terminator are not for long in this world.

Amazing you didn't list the Kid Zone redesign, or the Expansion Pad in seuss landing I actually looked at during cross over last Sunday (IOA to USF for HHN) The pad between MIB and simpsons is still viable, but ONLY a little since the fireworks bunker is back there along with the two HHN sprung tents... of course those could be picked up and moved around to a different empty plot if needed... and apparently there will be possibly an empty plot around london... Terminator is on the block, but only if a viable replacement happens... Shrek is closer to replacement I believe. ET quite yet, it's in kidzone and USF doesn't have rights to the Sesame street properties so they cannot clone the spegetti ride going in signapore using the same tech as ET already. then again Bikini Bottom might happen instead...

Oh and going back to the original poster, @WDW1974 you didn't talk much about HHN ;)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You know I love the old spirit to death but I stand behind the people, not one, that have said Baxter is working on something for MK. Could they be wrong sure, have they been wrong yet no. Could it be possible that Baxter knew who he was talking to and didn't want to say anything to someone he knows openly posts on more than one forum, probably. But who am I, just a guy eating Cheetos while watching reruns of the lion king and Cinderella. This I promise Carsland is coming. No riddles, no allegory, no read between the lines. It will be in DHS by 2016/early 2017

I like your 100% proclamation. I am not quite as sure, but I am leaning in that direction.

But I am willing to say I am 100% sure Tony isn't working on anything at MK and won't for the rest of his career. He is only working DL projects. They won't even let him sniff the park across the esplanade and it's been decades since he last worked on a WDW project of substance. I'd love to be wrong here, but I think you're being fed some bad Cheetos!

Oh, and Tony has no clue who I am online or that I am online at all ... he knows the Spirit from more solid realms of existence.

What are the chances you are both right and Baxter is working on only DL project(s), that they plan on stealing/cloning directly into WDW once he is completed?

TheBeatles

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

Kuhio

I ate there back in 2002 - food was cold and it came with one of those healthy Actimel yoghurt drink things instead of a soda - needless to say I wasn't impressed.

I last ate there two years ago, when there were virtually no other relatively inexpensive CS options to be had in the area if the parks closed early. I get depressed just thinking of the mob scene at the counter, with its palpable whiff of fast food grease mixed with multilingual desperation.

The only saving grace of that McD's is the free WiFi -- I remember at least one drizzly and grey morning spent huddled under the outdoor canopy, trying to change a hotel reservation on my phone without incurring exorbitant roaming charges...

TinkerBell9988

Oh, you weren't the only one.

Hence my statement earlier in the week about an awkward moment at that "Anniversary Moment."

Yikes, I recall that awkward moment being *quite* awkward. I know I definitely rolled my eyes... I also loved how the weather went from nice to worse while Meg was giving her little "speech" about guest letters.

I wanted to vomit.

menamechris

Yikes, I recall that awkward moment being *quite* awkward. I know I definitely rolled my eyes... I also loved how the weather went from nice to worse while Meg was giving her little "speech" about guest letters.

I wanted to vomit.

She proved that she is out of ideas. She can't do anything but say the same things over and over again. And when she realizes she has repeated herself too much, she reads "letters" so that it's someone else saying it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom