WDW Spirited Quickees

WDW1974

Original Poster
Can you tell us anymore about this?

No. Don't know more.

Just that security at CBR is much higher than at any other WDW resort I have been to ... including the monorail resorts and DAK Lodge and BW ... I have no idea why that is.

lazyboy97o

I can't agree with NEXT GEN in any way, shape or form.

He is the exec in charge of its implementation at WDW ... so I think he's savvier than he appears and that he is using the goodwill he garnered as EPCOT's VP when the fanbois forced Disney into acknowledging the park's 25th in 2007 as a Pixie Dust Card.
A few good moves, or just not being the current pariah, seems to go a long way in the Disney fan community.

M.rudolf

I can't agree with NEXT GEN in any way, shape or form.

He is the exec in charge of its implementation at WDW ... so I think he's savvier than he appears and that he is using the goodwill he garnered as EPCOT's VP when the fanbois forced Disney into acknowledging the park's 25th in 2007 as a Pixie Dust Card.
Technically savvy yes, personable not so much

WDW1974

Original Poster
Regarding the executive shake up .. you have stated that this will be happening for months and yet nothing has happened. Do you just state this so if something does happen you can say told you so?

No, I say it because it will be happening. Did I give exact dates? No. Because when dealing with a company like TWDC, you never know how things will play out and how long they'll take ... contracts are up this fall for many P&R execs. Some will stay, some will leave and some will change position. Now, that may sound wishy-washy, but it's a fact.

Oh and who goes to Denny's YUCK lol. I'll take the ten dollar sundaes anyway over eating at a Denny's haha

Denny's 2.99 ice cream sundae is likely the best dessert value of any chain dining location in the USA. As to who eats there (other than WDW monorail managers while their lax policies are killing a pilot), I'd say most everyone ... I've seen everyone from billionaires to athletes to celebs at Denny's because they're always open and have a good variety or basic things like breakfasts, sandwiches and desserts that they do well. It's easy to be a snob much like people who say they never eat at a McDonald's etc. ... But while I am not a regular at Denny's, I am not too good to dine at one (and I have dined at true 5-star restaurants the world over).

WDW1974

Original Poster
In my opinion, the truly sad thing is all of the people who are still there that cannot afford it. People going into massive debt to go on vacations they can't afford.

I think that is sad, but it's also sad that most Americans can't afford real vacations anymore.

I also think it's sadder that WDW is a VASTLY more pricey vacation proposition today when they don't maintain things, don't add things and play on guests' emotions than it was say 20 years ago when the product was so much better.

wdwfan22

Denny's 2.99 ice cream sundae is likely the best dessert value of any chain dining location in the USA. As to who eats there (other than WDW monorail managers while their lax policies are killing a pilot), I'd say most everyone ... I've seen everyone from billionaires to athletes to celebs at Denny's because they're always open and have a good variety or basic things like breakfasts, sandwiches and desserts that they do well. It's easy to be a snob much like people who say they never eat at a McDonald's etc. ... But while I am not a regular at Denny's, I am not too good to dine at one (and I have dined at true 5-star restaurants the world over).

The Denny's around here are so dirty and nasty that I avoid them at all cost, however maybe the ones in O-Town are better. It looks like I'll be checking out the sundae on my next visit.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Hope you enjoyed your time at Bonnet Creek. My family has enjoyed a handful of stays at the Hilton there. Personally I think they offer the best value and some of the best resturants within the gates of WDW...but I also think the steak house at the Hilton near the convention center/Sea World is better than Bull and Bear....but in all fairness, I do tend to have Hilton Honnors points built up from work related travel that help with the 'value' side of some of our stays.

I didn't stay at the BC Hilton. Just checked it out since I had never been there since it opened. It is beautiful and feels much more upscale than most WDW deluxe resorts.

It reminds me a lot of the Hilton at the OC Convention Center, which I stayed 11 nights at in '09 and was spectacular (all for $53 a night!)

I am sure 99% of the fan community wouldn't even think about it because it lacks the 'MAGIC' of those WDW resorts.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have peeked in Splittlesville multiple times and I know there's no way that is gonna open this "fall." I also don't understand why there is such a delay on construction. If you have any info on when it's ACTUALLY projected to open, that'd be helpful :)

Have no idea why it has been delayed, but I wouldn't expect it to open before March at the earliest (that's what I was told anyway).

WDW1974

Original Poster
You know I love the old spirit to death but I stand behind the people, not one, that have said Baxter is working on something for MK. Could they be wrong sure, have they been wrong yet no. Could it be possible that Baxter knew who he was talking to and didn't want to say anything to someone he knows openly posts on more than one forum, probably. But who am I, just a guy eating Cheetos while watching reruns of the lion king and Cinderella. This I promise Carsland is coming. No riddles, no allegory, no read between the lines. It will be in DHS by 2016/early 2017

I like your 100% proclamation. I am not quite as sure, but I am leaning in that direction.

But I am willing to say I am 100% sure Tony isn't working on anything at MK and won't for the rest of his career. He is only working DL projects. They won't even let him sniff the park across the esplanade and it's been decades since he last worked on a WDW project of substance. I'd love to be wrong here, but I think you're being fed some bad Cheetos!

Oh, and Tony has no clue who I am online or that I am online at all ... he knows the Spirit from more solid realms of existence.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Disney likes to spreadmoney out over fiscals.So you can have one part finished waiting for the next fiscal.btw did I say I hate autocorrect

Yes. One key difference between it and the competition, which is why UNI is kicking some serious Mouse tail in the O-Town theme parks wars.

To see how fast Potter 2.0 and Transformers are going up (oh, and let me toss in here that I got to experience Despicable Me for the first time and, much like Disney's Star Tours redo, it impressed me a lot ... so much better than the crap it replaced!) well, the only thing Disney builds that fast are timeshares for the tax benefits and instant profit.

M.rudolf

I like your 100% proclamation. I am not quite as sure, but I am leaning in that direction.

But I am willing to say I am 100% sure Tony isn't working on anything at MK and won't for the rest of his career. He is only working DL projects. They won't even let him sniff the park across the esplanade and it's been decades since he last worked on a WDW project of substance. I'd love to be wrong here, but I think you're being fed some bad Cheetos!

Oh, and Tony has no clue who I am online or that I am online at all ... he knows the Spirit from more solid realms of existence.
If the Infos right I want a Costco size bag of Cheetos and a 12 pack of diet coke

Taylor

No. That's not at all what I was saying. Nothing has changed. Carsland is still a good bet, but not a sure one.
Ok good thanks for clarifying sometimes on a discussion board you can't tell what people mean when they post some things

WDW1974

Original Poster
Be careful what you wish for! Add 'Paris' style financial woes' to TDO's 'managerial incompetence', and Orlando too could end up with monstrosities such as this one from DLP:

98040824_4af099c2c3.jpg

Hey, I've dined there before ... worst McD's experience in Europe.

But you forget, McD's was at WDW's DD until what 18 months ago? And it was replaced by another chain, albeit a lesser known one with a healthier image.

And there's a giant McD's right near BB and the All Stars. So, we've all been there ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Disney can't even seem to take down the PLEASURE ISLAND signage of the section that's been closed for 5 years.

I was thinking that a few nights ago while marveling that the giant PI marquee actually looked like it had no missing/burned out bulbs ... strange ... of course, the men's room across from what used to be the CW didn't have any paper towels (and no airblades/dryers) at all the same night, which frankly is inexcusable.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Its been said that there are reasons for this also.....it is believed that because of contractual obligations to the other vendors (Raglan) that it must be called PI. Seems silly me to me also.
Not to mention what would it be called? The area just between East and West?

I've heard that and firmly believe it is simply yet another Internet/CM/fanboi/urban myth.

disney fan 13

(oh, and let me toss in here that I got to experience Despicable Me for the first time and, much like Disney's Star Tours redo, it impressed me a lot ... so much better than the crap it replaced!).

Yeah, I have to say DM was a lot more impressive then I thought it would be ( banana!) though it was a little short for my tastes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom