WDW Spirited Quickees

djlaosc

Huh, wasn't aware that the WWOS bowling lanes would be for vacationers too. Two competing bowling alleys on property seems... odd. I'm a Walter Sobchak-level bowler here but I didn't see that demand coming.

As far as I was aware (and I may be wrong), I thought that the WWOS bowling lanes would be used for the professional tournaments, but when they weren't being used for the tournaments, they would be open to the public.

The difference between the two would be that Splitsville will also be a restaurant (although I would guess that there would be some sort of quick service restaurant in the WWOS complex - just like in local complexes), and that Splitsville may have an age restriction after a certain time, so parties including underage people may not be able to play at night, but then they would be able to go to the WWOS Complex.

In general, I wish that they would use ESPN WWOS more for vacationers - have a bus running from DTD to WWOS and back - they could have bowling, batting cages, olympic sized swimming pool, use of the running track, another gym, etc.

RandySavage

Where was this "Universal Studios Asia" park supposed to be? I mean they have Osaka, Singapore and then Korea being built currently...what else screams "Asia" unless it would be in China?
The plan with LotR, just said Asia (pre-Singapore), so I'm not exactly sure... Then there was a separate Universal Shanghai park conceived in the 2003-2004 time period, artwork of which can be found on the net.

lazyboy97o

The plan with LotR, just said Asia (pre-Singapore), so I'm not exactly sure... Then there was a separate Universal Shanghai park conceived in the 2003-2004 time period, artwork of which can be found on the net.
I would imagine Universal Studios Asia could have likely been similar to Disneyland Asia, a conceptual design intended to sell the idea of a park to somebody in Asia. For Disney the park was sold to Hong Kong, with eyes on Shanghai, and for Universal it was sold to Singapore.

WDW1974

Original Poster
He uses his Wilderness Lodge Refillable Mug every time he parks there too!

Actually, I haven't seen my WL mug since 2009 sadly.

But I still 'stole' soda anyway while dining at Roaring Fork. I thought a member of my party had purchased my $2.59 (or whatever it is) Disney Parks Halloween themed cup when I filled it and sat down to grab a table. Turns out, they hadn't seen me grab it. And when I went back to attempt to right this terrible wrong that makes me unethical, stealing scum who you should never listen to, there was a line of 20-some folks. So ... you figure it out.

M.rudolf

Actually, I haven't seen my WL mug since 2009 sadly.

But I still 'stole' soda anyway while dining at Roaring Fork. I thought a member of my party had purchased my $2.59 (or whatever it is) Disney Parks Halloween themed cup when I filled it and sat down to grab a table. Turns out, they hadn't seen me grab it. And when I went back to attempt to right this terrible wrong that makes me unethical, stealing scum who you should never listen to, there was a line of 20-some folks. So ... you figure it out.
74 you should change your screen name to soda sneak thief12

WDW1974

Original Poster
Man, I forgot just how bizarre that article was. I read/listen to pretty much everything Jim puts out, and that didn't sound like him. The canary in the coal mine for me? When you're trying to praise TDO for spending money by mentioning Golden Oak (building a cul-de-sac and selling off pieces of "The Florida Project" for millions) and Grand Flo DVC (money they will get back 2x or more by the time the points are sold), that's just downright silly.

We're back to this again?

Jim wrote what he did because he needs to be relevant in the social media pecking order and this isn't 2002 and no one much cares about what he thinks anymore. His justification for the stagnation and neglect of WDW by management, now dating back to the 20th century, is just inexcusable for someone who claims to be an unbiased observer/critic.

I don't know what his goal was in writing that beyond ing off a lot of fans and getting attention. Can't believe we're still talking about this. Not worth it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So other then refuteing the rumor about Lee knocking boots with the Yeti.....not much to report? How dissapointing. Status Quo, Maybe....but maybe not!.....I wont kill the messenger....but the message is still worth a good flogging.

What would you like to know?

Some of us don't believe in making it up as we go, so if there's not much solid to say, we don't say anything.

Right now, a lot is going on behind the scenes but what it all means really isn't clear. I'd rather keep the rampant uncontrolled kooky speculation to a minimum.

Besides, WDW is the best it's ever been right now.

M.rudolf

Some of us don't believe in making it up as we go, so if there's not much solid to say, we don't say anything.

Right now, a lot is going on behind the scenes but what it all means really isn't clear. I'd rather keep the rampant uncontrolled kooky speculation to a minimum.

You been drinking some of jt koolaid

nytimez

I believe that's next year's marketing theme: "Let the Rampant Uncontrolled Kooky Speculation Begin!" (TM)

WDW1974

Original Poster
So is James MacPhee a good guy who "gets it?", or is he another idiot who will be swept away when CEO changes.

I can't agree with NEXT GEN in any way, shape or form.

He is the exec in charge of its implementation at WDW ... so I think he's savvier than he appears and that he is using the goodwill he garnered as EPCOT's VP when the fanbois forced Disney into acknowledging the park's 25th in 2007 as a Pixie Dust Card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom