WDW Spirited Quickees

c-one

Be careful what you wish for! Add 'Paris' style financial woes' to TDO's 'managerial incompetence', and Orlando too could end up with monstrosities such as this one from DLP:

98040824_4af099c2c3.jpg
That's okay, we've still got the one near the All Stars to contend with. Eugghhhh...

bubbles1812

It could also work the opposite. A 7 day pass is a better "deal" the more it costs for a 1 day ticket.

Why would that be? My point was that if people hear "100 dollars every day per person" (many do) rather than the actual "100 dollars for one day" admission...that's telling a family of four you are going to have to fork over 400 dollars per day for admission alone. I fail to see how they would see that as a better deal if they assume they are paying the same price everyday. Obviously how the pricing structure really is, it does turn out to be better to stay longer. It's just that many people don't know it...I can't tell you how many people have asked me why I'd pay that price every day when there are cheaper alternatives

DocMcHulk

A substantial amount of people don't know how Disney's pricing system works and I could very much see people hearing that "100 dollars for one day admission" actually means "100 dollars every day for admission."
Agreed. A 1 day park hopper is $124+tax. A 5 day park hopper is $65 per day plus tax. A 7 day park hopper is $49.28 per day plus tax.

janoimagine

To anyone else - regarding public funding, I wasn't aware that was tied to Splittsville, only to the proposed I4 ramp to DTD, correct? Or am I confusing something?

It's a separate legislation, created by the Disney Lobbyists (which they were allowed to do via the state legislators), and they are trying to get the public to subsidize the plans for the Splitsville on Disney property.

lazyboy97o

It's a separate legislation, created by the Disney Lobbyists (which they were allowed to do via the state legislators), and they are trying to get the public to subsidize the plans for the Splitsville on Disney property.
Any links to news reports or even the legislation itself?

janoimagine

I would link to the news report ... but a thread that had the story earlier in the week was closed abruptly. I will tell you this, it was in the Orlando Sentinel, its author was Scott Maxwell, and he wrote it on October 2. :D

Longhairbear

I was at DLR over the weekend, and heard some interesting things. One of my friends had info about the extremely toxic politics inside Disney. My friend claimed that something really big happened this last thursday inside the offices of Disney, and that heads rolled in CA, and in FLA. My friend also said everyone was waiting to hear what happened in FLA, and if their counterparts in FLA still had a job. I point blank asked if Meg Crofton, Iger, or Staggs were still around. The answer was, "No one knows, that's what's so weird, the departments have no idea what other departments are doing now, or if we are all on the same page at all. But we heard that Ike is behind it all. You do know Iger needs Ike for his political career. Iger is also set to meet the president of New Zealand, what ever that's about!"
So back in my room at Paradise Pier, I looked up Ike, and found out that is his first name, and is the 2nd largest shareholder of Disney. I asked my friend other questions but he/she is not in a position to know such things, leaving it that big changes have already happened, or been decided.

FrankLapidus

Ike Perlmutter? I remember reading an article about him a couple of months ago that didn't portray him in a very positive light at all. He sold Marvel to Disney and is a multi-billionaire so I wouldn't be surprised if Iger wanted to make sure he is kept onside. That being said, I can't see Iger or Staggs being ousted so suddenly.

Mouse Detective

I wish but this is Disney they couldn't get a taco stand and a beer cart there by 2015

Why is Universal able to build Transformers so quickly yet Disney takes half a decade for FLE? And the Pleasure Island construction now at 4 years and we can see how that's shaping up.

I vote for Burger King Castle as the weenie.

Speaking of PI, don't forget a Schussler Creative "Hot Dog Hall of Fame" restaurant was rumored for there.

Bork Bork

I was at DLR over the weekend, and heard some interesting things. The answer was, "No one knows, that's what's so weird, the departments have no idea what other departments are doing now, or if we are all on the same page at all. But we heard that Ike is behind it all. You do know Iger needs Ike for his political career. Iger is also set to meet the president of New Zealand, what ever that's about!"

Well, obviously it's about bringing LOTR to the Parks! NZ is where the movies were shot. (Sarcasm mixed with wishful thinking.)

Longhairbear

Ike Perlmutter? I remember reading an article about him a couple of months ago that didn't portray him in a very positive light at all. He sold Marvel to Disney and is a multi-billionaire so I wouldn't be surprised if Iger wanted to make sure he is kept onside. That being said, I can't see Iger or Staggs being ousted so suddenly.
That's the one, and was advised to look up that article you mention, I was aghast at the things he is quoted as saying. My friend says Iger is not at all liked inside the company, and Ike is partly to blame, mentioning that how would Iger ever get into politics with the bad rep he has within Disney, among employees.

M.rudolf

Why is Universal able to build Transformers so quickly yet Disney takes half a decade for FLE? And the Pleasure Island construction now at 4 years and we can see how that's shaping up.

Speaking of PI, don't forget a Schussler Creative "Hot Dog Hall of Fame" restaurant was rumored for there.
Different mind sets and company directives and culture

djlaosc

As for these Tomorrowland rumors... 1) Taking away the Astro Orbiter? What else worthwhile could they possibly put up there? And 2) I'm really not fond of putting two indoor roller coasters next to each other if the TRON rumor comes to fruition, but anything beats MILF and Stitch.

I think that it may have been me that brought up the potential closure of Astro Orbiter.

First of all, that was just a guess responding to Lee's post about saying that a building near the former site of the Tomorrowland Theater would possibly be demolished for this possible (but unlikely) expansion. It is most likely not going anywhere - and I would hope that it is going nowhere.

When I was suggesting that the Astro Orbiter could go, I wasn't meaning that something new would be going up there - I was thinking that Astro Orbiter/TTAP/The Lunching Pad would all be going (although I guess that they could create a tunnel to walk through if they built from the former theater site, over the pathway and continued building on to of The Lunching Pad.

asianway

I was at DLR over the weekend, and heard some interesting things. One of my friends had info about the extremely toxic politics inside Disney. My friend claimed that something really big happened this last thursday inside the offices of Disney, and that heads rolled in CA, and in FLA. My friend also said everyone was waiting to hear what happened in FLA, and if their counterparts in FLA still had a job. I point blank asked if Meg Crofton, Iger, or Staggs were still around. The answer was, "No one knows, that's what's so weird, the departments have no idea what other departments are doing now, or if we are all on the same page at all. But we heard that Ike is behind it all. You do know Iger needs Ike for his political career. Iger is also set to meet the president of New Zealand, what ever that's about!"
So back in my room at Paradise Pier, I looked up Ike, and found out that is his first name, and is the 2nd largest shareholder of Disney. I asked my friend other questions but he/she is not in a position to know such things, leaving it that big changes have already happened, or been decided.
That's about the juiciest crumb dropped here in a long while. Must have more details!

FrankLapidus

That's the one, and was advised to look up that article you mention, I was aghast at the things he is quoted as saying. My friend says Iger is not at all liked inside the company, and Ike is partly to blame, mentioning that how would Iger ever get into politics with the bad rep he has within Disney, among employees.

From what I've read it does sound like he's a kind of ticking time-bomb that could go off at any minute so it must be difficult working for a person like that. It will be interesting to see whether Iger does leave before his announced departure date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom