WDW Spirited Quickees

71jason

I'll be so curious to see what happens when they raise prices above $100 per day. I'm not sure if that's the psychological barrier that will start causing droves of people to stay away but I'm certain there is a line when more people start saying no, or at least no yearly visit anymore, lets make this a once every 5 to 10 years thing.

I'm not sure $100/day is a the psycholoigical barrier the online community thinks it is, just because so few people will actually pay it. If anything, like "free" DDP, it makes other tickets seem like a better deal.

The Empress Lilly

They could change the BAH into the Golden Arches
Be careful what you wish for! Add 'Paris' style financial woes' to TDO's 'managerial incompetence', and Orlando too could end up with monstrosities such as this one from DLP:

98040824_4af099c2c3.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I'm not sure $100/day is a the psycholoigical barrier the online community thinks it is, just because so few people will actually pay it. If anything, like "free" DDP, it makes other tickets seem like a better deal.
I would raise the price to $150 a day. Universal will have to make good on its promise to match any Disney price increase for fear of coming across as 'the cheap alternative'. But whereas no Disney guest buys a day ticket, many people who hop over to Universal for just a day do. And could possibly be deterred from doing so.

John

Because it's Disney... you can at least say they are consistent when it comes to delaying construction to the speed of snail. So that's something ;)

This is something I just never understood about DIsney....and yes I believe it is just Disney, up the street UNI and SW seem to get things done. I am in the construction industry, on two occasions we completely demo'd and reconstructed a Kennth Cole's store in 72 hr's. YESSSSSSSSS I know it isnt on the scale of Splittsville but how long has it been since this project started? I would assume that Splittsville has hired thier own contractors. So I am thinking that it has to do with dealing within the Disneysphere.

M.rudolf

This is something I just never understood about DIsney....and yes I believe it is just Disney, up the street UNI and SW seem to get things done. I am in the construction industry, on two occasions we completely demo'd and reconstructed a Kennth Cole's store in 72 hr's. YESSSSSSSSS I know it isnt on the scale of Splittsville but how long has it been since this project started? I would assume that Splittsville has hired thier own contractors. So I am thinking that it has to do with dealing within the Disneysphere.
And Orlando/Kissimmee/zoning codes and permits etc.

John

And Orlando/Kissimmee/zoning codes and permits etc.

I get that, but most of this stuff should have been addressed at the planning stage. Unless they used a archiect that wasnt familiar with those codes (which is possible but unlikely). Sometimes with project such as these a landlord will "suggest" a firm that they use for the property for these reasons.

John

Disney can't even seem to take down the PLEASURE ISLAND signage of the section that's been closed for 5 years.

Its been said that there are reasons for this also.....it is believed that because of contractual obligations to the other vendors (Raglan) that it must be called PI. Seems silly me to me also.
Not to mention what would it be called? The area just between East and West?

bubbles1812

I'd agree that I'm not sure if it's the psychological barrier (though I do think it's out there and that Disney is possibly not too far off from hitting it) but $100 dollars a day is what will be made a big deal about in the media. And I could see that turning quite a few people off. A substantial amount of people don't know how Disney's pricing system works and I could very much see people hearing that "100 dollars for one day admission" actually means "100 dollars every day for admission."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'd agree that I'm not sure if it's the psychological barrier (though I do think it's out there and that Disney is possibly not too far off from hitting it) but $100 dollars a day is what will be made a big deal about in the media. And I could see that turning quite a few people off. A substantial amount of people don't know how Disney's pricing system works and I could very much see people hearing that "100 dollars for one day admission" actually means "100 dollars every day for admission."
It could also work the opposite. A 7 day pass is a better "deal" the more it costs for a 1 day ticket.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Its been said that there are reasons for this also.....it is believed that because of contractual obligations to the other vendors (Raglan) that it must be called PI. Seems silly me to me also.
Disney was VERY adamant that "Pleasure Island isn't closing, only the clubs are" after the announcement, so I think it's quite possible it had to do with existing tennants.

To anyone else - regarding public funding, I wasn't aware that was tied to Splittsville, only to the proposed I4 ramp to DTD, correct? Or am I confusing something?

I'm leaving Orlando Jan-May so was hoping Splittsville would be open before I leave, but it sure doesn't look that way. I guess the only way I'll be able to enjoy it is in June with the unwashed masses.

c-one

Probably true, but... Pleasure Island sans clubs just isn't Pleasure Island anymore. Sorry. Call me a product of the 90s if you must.

As for these Tomorrowland rumors... 1) Taking away the Astro Orbiter? What else worthwhile could they possibly put up there? And 2) I'm really not fond of putting two indoor roller coasters next to each other if the TRON rumor comes to fruition, but anything beats MILF and Stitch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom