WDW Spirited Quickees

Lee

Adventurer
...Retirement can't come soon enough
The quote I heard indicated he was gone "As soon as Fantasyland wraps up." Danny C. will slide right in before the seat gets cold.
looking at google maps, there are two small buildings near the cast parking lot. I wonder if one of those is the building Lee was reffering to.
Those would indeed be included, but aren't what I was referring to.
But as I said...it could all be a mirage...

RSoxNo1

Speaking of spirited quickees ... has anyone checked out Jim Hill's infamous post that we all talked about on here, well there is some dude that he has been going back and forth with and in Hill's latest rebuttal he belittles the guy for even insinuating that bloggers get "bought" by Disney ... hilarious.
I'm intrigued... link?

RSoxNo1

So, that seems to point to either the Buzz/MILF Building, or the Tomorrowland Noodle Station Building. unless you're getting rid of TTAP/Astro Orbiter, Tony's/Exposition Hall/another right-hand side Main Street building, or just a building backstage...
Wasn't there talk of moving MILF across the street, replacing Stitch and putting the Tron coaster there and running behind Tomorrowland

rsoxguy

What would freebasing off pixie dust look like?
Like this...
th

M.rudolf

Universal will be raising prices in 2013. And when they do, Disney will match it.
I don't disagree and for what uni is doing I don't argue that they shouldn't. But for Disney to take the high road and say for once, the economy sucks and we understand that people are hurting for one year we are freezing all gate prices. Think about how many people can actually afford to go to Disney. Not many. That's what we all forget how many people can no longer afford to experience Walts dream. My family has been fortunate enough, but a lot haven't. I know DW isn't a right but its now becoming something that the majority of America can no longer afford. That's truly sad in my opinion

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just back tonight from nine MAGICal (and they really were due to friends and family and some new Spirits in my life) days in O-Town where I managed to steer clear of the social media whores, most fanbois and (current) Disney execs.

I did spend time in all four Disney parks (making my 2012 tally all eight parks in the USA and France) as well as a rain-soaked evening at Universal, which was still a lot of fun (except for my feet, which are still drying out) and DD ... as well as numerous resorts from the GF to the AoA to the WL (how come no one here has commented on the new rooms there or the lighter paint and carpet scheme they went with for the halls?) to the Bonnet Creek Hilton to DAK Lodge to Dixie Landings.

Unlike my rushed spring trip (you know, the one before my six weeks in Europe and 10 days in North Carolina and Virginia), I had plenty of time to experience, observe and converse ... and, no, I still don't know for certain whether Carsland is coming, just that it looks better than Avatar right now.

I do know there are some major exec shakeups coming to P&R ... and I may have changed my mind on what a 'nice guy' Jim MacPhee is (or isn't).

But I did skim through the last 3-4 pages (what came before will have to remain a mystery until work and laundry are caught up with) and it seems I've arrived just in time to correct a little misstatement.

OK, sorry, got CTX on the brain after riding Thursday and realizing that we may be seeing it as good as it will ever be as well as Disco Yeti (no truth to the nasty rumor started on Twitter, of course, that Lee and DY had unnatural relations this past week).

But there seems to be a few rumors sprouting that maybe I can put out:

1.) Tony Baxter is working on something for MK. >> No, he isn't. I got to speak with him very briefly before he was devoured in a pool of fanboi drool. He told me he is ''busier than I've been in quite a while'' with DL. I also know they want to keep Tony as 'caged' as possible.

2.) Something big is coming to MK and going in the cast parking lot behind MSUSA.>> No, not very likely at all. Just a bunch of coincidences that fans and cast are reading waaay too much into. The thought is the same Tron ride going to SDL and AT THIS TIME there are no plans for it here. The secondary 'plan' some believe is an arcade or walking path to deal with MK overcrowding. Very, very unlikely, but possible.

3.) MK is finally getting a new parade. >> This is 100% true. Budget has been cut, but it still should impress when it debuts, which is looking more and more like a 2/14 start.

4.) It's either Pandora or Radiator Springs. >> No. It could be BOTH and, sadly, it could also be neither. My gut says it's gonna be one. Despite what anyone says ... despite the fact there have been height tests and other backstage prep at DAK ... despite the fact I seemed to be the only one who noticed Carsland's top art director leading a team around the Studios while fanbois were still in line for the same EPCOT 30 crap that will be at the outlet stores in a month ... despite the fact some factions of fandom really want to bring George Lucas and his franchises into the mix ... well, there just aren't any decisions yet.

5.) CMs are detesting the thought of NEXT GEN. >> Largely true. They know what a house of cards it will be and they know that Disney's practices of always giving into loudmouth belligerent guests who have spent large sums of money will likely prevent it from ever working as planned.

6.) TPFKaTD-MGMS has the cleanest restrooms BY FAR of the four WDW parks. >> OK, not a rumour, but also 100% true nonetheless. Also, has the best background music of any WDW park.

7.) Finally, the MK is much more MAGICal when you've been drinking adult beverages at EPCOT heavily. >> So damn true it isn't funny ... but it is fun. Three hours of mostly buzzed EMH with friends where you discuss everything from what goes on at the Emmys during commercials to the sexual escapades of bloggers to how Disney handles stains on carpeting on the opening day of a new shop (yes, that patch in Storybook Circus's BigTop Tent will be known as 'the Spirited Patch' forever more because it wouldn't be there if he hadn't of bitched loudly as a manager walked by)

OK ... what else?

Lots from stolen soda to UNI construction and their timetable for opening major additions (and an example of godawful guest services during HHN's) to where has all the Marvel merchandise gone to why do people pay $10 for sundaes at Ghirardelli when $2.99 sundaes exist at Denny's that are almost as good to how only Disney could get people to pay $500 plus a night for a hotel that is a massive construction site to the question of why anyone with good sense would ever eat at Tortuga Tavern (yes, I did!) to why Disney is so cheap they no longer even have bread on request at full serve restaurants during lunch because really if you pay $14 for a chicken sandwich, why should you get a bread serving at all? To when Splitsville might really open ... to when anything else might too ... to is it really too much to ask that they at least have one paper towel in the men's room at TSFKaPI facilities across from a 'hidden' CW?

Oh, I could go on. But I have so much TV to catch up on before bed. But thanks for keeping the discussion going, even if I have no idea what you were talking about.

Did I mention that TT is way behind its scheduled reopening too? So much info twirling in my head. Must have been the Carsland CD I was blasting as I drove home through the pouring rain tonight (nine straight days with rain ... hey, dummies, don't visit WDW from June 15 until October 15 ... just don't!)

Scuttle

Wasn't there talk of moving MILF across the street, replacing Stitch and putting the Tron coaster there and running behind Tomorrowland

I also remember reading rumors a while back saying MILF would be edited down and thrown into the pre show for the Monsters Inc coaster that never materialized.

Californian Elitist

1.) Tony Baxter is working on something for MK. >> No, he isn't. I got to speak with him very briefly before he was devoured in a pool of fanboi drool. He told me he is ''busier than I've been in quite a while'' with DL. I also know they want to keep Tony as 'caged' as possible.

3.) MK is finally getting a new parade. >> This is 100% true. Budget has been cut, but it still should impress when it debuts, which is looking more and more like a 2/14 start.

I hope Frontierland is the project Mr. Baxter is working on. Great that MK is finally getting a new parade!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom