WDW Spirited Quickees

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't think his issue was with Tangled (he can correct me if I am wrong), but more as to why the Pixies weren't put in that area near Peter Pan where they more logically belong.
I have not kept up to date on the whole Peter Pan universe, but is pixie hollow actually in Neverland. I thought the pixie world was within the "world of humans" moreso than Neverland.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have not kept up to date on the whole Peter Pan universe, but is pixie hollow actually in Neverland. I thought the pixie world was within the "world of humans" moreso than Neverland.
The pixies were invented by Disney and have no historical value to the story of Peter Pan.

Tinker Bell was a fairy in the original story. Disney simply created "pixie dust" and pixies for their adaptation of the story.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The pixies were invented by Disney and have no historical value to the story of Peter Pan.

Tinker Bell was a fairy in the original story. Disney simply created "pixie dust" and pixies for their adaptation of the story.
Oh I fully understand that pixies were a marketing invention to play off tinkerbell. That being said, in that context, whereas Neverland is not "in" the "real" world I.e. England where Wendy comes from, pixie hollow is. So that being said, it's not thematically essential to have pixie hollow next to the Peter pan ride.

Ignohippo

I don't think that they meant that Tangled does not fit with Peter Pan, or that Tangled does not fit in Fantasyland, I think that they were saying why aren't they putting Pixie Hollow/Fairies beside Peter Pan to form a kind of Neverland mini-land, and then put Tangled elsewhere?

You got it!!! Tangled is terrific (and will be nice there), but if you're going to build something new right across from Peter Pan, wouldn't you think common sense would have been to put the Fairies there (rather than having the Fairies so far away and in a land where they really don't belong)?

Besides, Tangled would have fit perfectly with the theme and look of the Fantasy Forest. They could have put it in the little nook between the Castle Wall and Belle's Cottage or it could have been worked into one corner of the land where the Mine Train is.

unkadug

Oh I fully understand that pixies were a marketing invention to play off tinkerbell. That being said, in that context, whereas Neverland is not "in" the "real" world I.e. England where Wendy comes from, pixie hollow is. So that being said, it's not thematically essential to have pixie hollow next to the Peter pan ride.

I agree

And since Peter Pan starts and finishes in England, whether or not Pixie Hollow was in the real world or in Neverland, Pixie Hollow would not be required to be next to the attraction.

1. if it was in Neverland it would require physical distance.
  2. if it was in the real world it doesn't necessarily mean that it's in a neighboring county/country.

Ignohippo

Tourists visiting Disney World don't give a crap about the original story and associate TinkerBell as a main character in Peter Pan. As Disney has now built a world around TinkerBell, it isn't too much to assume that TinkerBell and the Fairies would be associated with Peter Pan.

They certainly make much more sense being in Fantasyland next to Pan than they do in Adventureland.

unkadug

You got it!!! Tangled is terrific (and will be nice there), but if you're going to build something new right across from Peter Pan, wouldn't you think common sense would have been to put the Fairies there (rather than having the Fairies so far away and in a land where they really don't belong)?

Besides, Tangled would have fit perfectly with the theme and look of the Fantasy Forest. They could have put it in the little nook between the Castle Wall and Belle's Cottage or it could have been worked into one corner of the land where the Mine Train is.
Don't think about it being across from Peter Pan...think about it being next to IaSW.

Like I said earlier Pixie Hollow has nothing to do with Peter Pan except for a marketing tie-in.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Tourists visiting Disney World don't give a crap about the original story and associate TinkerBell as a main character in Peter Pan. As Disney has now built a world around TinkerBell, it isn't too much to assume that TinkerBell and the Fairies would be associated with Peter Pan.

They certainly make much more sense being in Fantasyland next to Pan than they do in Adventureland.
They seem to do well right next to Buzz Lightyear on the west coast.

unkadug

Wasn't there some speculation that after the new bathrooms open up that the old bathrooms could be remodeled into a Pixie M&G?

Ignohippo

I agree

And since Peter Pan starts and finishes in England, whether or not Pixie Hollow was in the real world or in Neverland, Pixie Hollow would not be required to be next to the attraction.

1. if it was in Neverland it would require physical distance.
  2. if it was in the real world it doesn't necessarily mean that it's in a neighboring county/country.

WHAT!?

These are theme park attractions folks, not an in-scale replica of the entire world in which they lived.

Seriously, no one cares. People just care that little Johnnie and little Vicky get to see the characters they love and have watched on tv, and I'm sure (after just standing in line for an hour and seeing TinkerBell in the Peter Pan ride) it doesn't make sense to the common guest that they now have to traipse clear across the park to see TinkerBell in Adventureland.

And, I would point out, that most guests don't even know she's there.

Ignohippo

Essential? No.
Logical? Yes.

That's like saying Mickey and Minnie's houses don't need to be next to each other because it was never said that they lived next door each other. Do they have to be? No I guess not, but it sure makes a heck of a lot of sense to the average guest.

Ignohippo

Am with MickeyMario on this one. What is wrong with putting Tangled right across from Peter Pan?? They both fit Fantasy Land's theme incredibly well as they are both...fantasy... To me, that is the equivalent of saying Beauty and the Beast doesn't belong in that area or the Mine Train doesn't.

A Fairy Meet and Greet on the other side of the park makes less sense, I will give you that. I just don't think Disney cares all that much about keeping the proper theming of lands anymore.

There's not a single thing wrong with Tangled there other than that the Fairie meet & greet would have made much more sense and Tangled would have been spectacular as part of the Fantasy Forest.

unkadug

WHAT!?

These are theme park attractions folks, not an in-scale replica of the entire world in which they lived.

Seriously, no one cares. People just care that little Johnnie and little Vicky get to see the characters they love and have watched on tv, and I'm sure (after just standing in line for an hour and seeing TinkerBell in the Peter Pan ride) it doesn't make sense to the common guest that they now have to traipse clear across the park to see TinkerBell in Adventureland.

And, I would point out, that most guests don't even know she's there.

And I would extend that to people caring where a M&G is located as well.
Essential? No.
Logical? Yes.

That's like saying Mickey and Minnie's houses don't need to be next to each other because it was never said that they lived next door each other. Do they have to be? No I guess not, but it sure makes a heck of a lot of sense to the average guest.
The average guest doesn't care where a M&G is located..."People just care that little Johnnie and little Vicky get to see the characters they love and have watched on tv"

See how that works?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom