WDW Spirited Quickees

DocMcHulk

Lee or the red-nosed reindeer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've hit on it. From what I remember, there were rumors of a Pirates makeover of Tom Sawyer's Island. How that works with Frontierland, I have absolutely no idea (but this is the same company that's putting Tangled across from Peter Pan and a Fairies m&g on the other side of the park, so all bets are off).

I had also heard that at one point they were also looking at tearing down the Treehouse and putting the Black Pearl there. I think they want more land than that to pay with, though.
Seems to me that pirates does not make thematic cense for Frontierland. I just dont see pirates fitting in. But, it wouldnt be the first time attractions were added to areas they didnt belong in.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee or the red-nosed reindeer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've hit on it. From what I remember, there were rumors of a Pirates makeover of Tom Sawyer's Island. How that works with Frontierland, I have absolutely no idea (but this is the same company that's putting Tangled across from Peter Pan and a Fairies m&g on the other side of the park, so all bets are off).

I had also heard that at one point they were also looking at tearing down the Treehouse and putting the Black Pearl there. I think they want more land than that to pay with, though.
No Pirates are coming to TSI at MK.
The Black Pearl in AL died with the whole concept of pirate-izing much of the land, like the Pirate restaurant.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There is a current TL rumor(s), but I don't have enough confirmation to fully believe it.
Involves the parking lot, old theater plot, and at least one neighboring building.

I don't think there's any neighboring building possible for this rumor except COP...therefore I hope it gets moved and not closed completely.

Can you give any other info?

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think there's any neighboring building possible for this rumor except COP...therefore I hope it gets moved and not closed completely.

Can you give any other info?
To my knowledge, CoP is still safe.
The TL situation is very vague right now, and may amount to nothing.
Then again....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Then again....
It has always amazed me that many Cast Members seem to feel that the backstage parking lot is sacred ground and the park could not survive without it being a parking lot. Let the privileged few park where the rest of the cast park.

janoimagine

I stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I paid for that parking spot. It was mine and you took it.

Seriously dude. . . I don't care what your name is, where you work, or or who your associate with.

I know who you really are now. . .
Actually we have a DVC at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and I just let him borrow my parking pass.

asianway

It has always amazed me that many Cast Members seem to feel that the backstage parking lot is sacred ground and the park could not survive without it being a parking lot. Let the privileged few park where the rest of the cast park.
Considering Phil works from home and they are very big on leading by example, how many parking spots do they need? What's the rank at which you rate one?

Actually we have a DVC at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and I just let him borrow my parking pass.

Oh good. . . that makes me feel better. My apologies to the OP, then. I guess I assumed something I shouldn't have. I was misled by the "commoners" line.

Though, for future reference, accepting a handout from someone else and then acting haughty is somewhat. . . bad form. I'm definitely not angry about it anymore. . . I just feel a little sorry for him now.

djlaosc

There is a current TL rumor(s), but I don't have enough confirmation to fully believe it.
Involves the parking lot, old theater plot, and at least one neighboring building.

Then again....

So, that seems to point to either the Buzz/MILF Building, or the Tomorrowland Noodle Station Building. unless you're getting rid of TTAP/Astro Orbiter, Tony's/Exposition Hall/another right-hand side Main Street building, or just a building backstage...

bubbles1812

So, that seems to point to either the Buzz/MILF Building, or the Tomorrowland Noodle Station Building. unless you're getting rid of TTAP/Astro Orbiter, Tony's/Exposition Hall/another right-hand side Main Street building, or just a building backstage...

If they get rid of a ride in TL (which they could really avoid if they wanted to), I hope it's Astro over Buzz. Buzz is certainly aging but it's better than a stupid spinner. I wish they'd just get rid of Stich.

NoChesterHester

The blank area of the Noodle Station as a transition to Tomorrowland is an embarrassment. I'm surprised more don't complain about that. A redo of that area would provide a good aesthetic upgrade to the park.

MUTZIE77

looking at google maps, there are two small buildings near the cast parking lot. I wonder if one of those is the building Lee was reffering to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom