WDW Spirited Quickees

M.rudolf

I can guarantee you that I would 100% never set foot in Avatarland. I've been against it from the start, I've made my feelings about the film, the land and James Cameron pretty clear on more than one occasion so I would not be hypocritical enough to stand in line for an attraction I've bemoaned and said I don't want for the past year. I don't begrudge anyone who would stand in line, I'm sure I'm in the minority with my own viewpoint, but I usually have two weeks at WDW each year and I won't waste a second of it in a land I have no interest in based on a property I have zero affection for. Avatarland is definitely one car crash I have no interest in looking at, not even once ;).
I like a guy who stands behind his statements

draybook

I agree with most of it, except for the a/c part. I get hot very easily and the a/c felt great to us. Other than that everything was spot on.

The other day I waited 40 minutes for a bus at WL (where I was parked because I don't like the main lots and feel like I shouldn't park with the commoners)

I stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I paid for that parking spot. It was mine and you took it.

Seriously dude. . . I don't care what your name is, where you work, or or who your associate with.

I know who you really are now. . .

Ignohippo

THere were rumors of something about Tom Sawyer Island if my memory is correct. Or, Spirit mentioned an area behind Main Street (probably near Tomorrowland)

Lee or the red-nosed reindeer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've hit on it. From what I remember, there were rumors of a Pirates makeover of Tom Sawyer's Island. How that works with Frontierland, I have absolutely no idea (but this is the same company that's putting Tangled across from Peter Pan and a Fairies m&g on the other side of the park, so all bets are off).

I had also heard that at one point they were also looking at tearing down the Treehouse and putting the Black Pearl there. I think they want more land than that to pay with, though.

Ignohippo

There is a current TL rumor(s), but I don't have enough confirmation to fully believe it.
Involves the parking lot, old theater plot, and at least one neighboring building.

MI Laugh Floor or CoP? I'm betting CoP. I know people are gonna hate this, but it's time for it to go.

Hmmmm....Tron seems dead (at least Stateside, unfortunately) but if that ride system isn't being used for Avatar....
Stark Expo can't happen...Hmmmm.

Disney likes its clones, but I can't think of anything going in at Shanghai that would fit this bill. I'm stumped.

M.rudolf

Lee or the red-nosed reindeer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've hit on it. From what I remember, there were rumors of a Pirates makeover of Tom Sawyer's Island. How that works with Frontierland, I have absolutely no idea (but this is the same company that's putting Tangled across from Peter Pan and a Fairies m&g on the other side of the park, so all bets are off).

I had also heard that at one point they were also looking at tearing down the Treehouse and putting the Black Pearl there. I think they want more land than that to pay with, though.
There have been rumors for a long time about toms island,who knows what will actually come of it. I'd love to see the, hide the brushes there again. I haven't been called that in a long time

pixargal

There is a current TL rumor(s), but I don't have enough confirmation to fully believe it.
Involves the parking lot, old theater plot, and at least one neighboring building.
I would be very sad to see CoP go, but I would understand if they decided to update it to something new. I saw it back in the mid 70s when I was just a kid and thought it was so amazing. Now, I rarely go to see it, but still enjoy it when I do. If they did replace it, I would hope they could preserve the scenes somehow. Make it a walkthrough with a short narration for each scene.

bubbles1812

Am with MickeyMario on this one. What is wrong with putting Tangled right across from Peter Pan?? They both fit Fantasy Land's theme incredibly well as they are both...fantasy... To me, that is the equivalent of saying Beauty and the Beast doesn't belong in that area or the Mine Train doesn't.

A Fairy Meet and Greet on the other side of the park makes less sense, I will give you that. I just don't think Disney cares all that much about keeping the proper theming of lands anymore.

djlaosc

(but this is the same company that's putting Tangled across from Peter Pan and a Fairies m&g on the other side of the park, so all bets are off).

I fail to see how Tangled doesn't belong in that area.

Am with MickeyMario on this one. What is wrong with putting Tangled right across from Peter Pan?? They both fit Fantasy Land's theme incredibly well as they are both...fantasy... To me, that is the equivalent of saying Beauty and the Beast doesn't belong in that area or the Mine Train doesn't.

A Fairy Meet and Greet on the other side of the park makes less sense, I will give you that. I just don't think Disney cares all that much about keeping the proper theming of lands anymore.

I don't think that they meant that Tangled does not fit with Peter Pan, or that Tangled does not fit in Fantasyland, I think that they were saying why aren't they putting Pixie Hollow/Fairies beside Peter Pan to form a kind of Neverland mini-land, and then put Tangled elsewhere?

tomman710

Speaking of spirited quickees ... has anyone checked out Jim Hill's infamous post that we all talked about on here, well there is some dude that he has been going back and forth with and in Hill's latest rebuttal he belittles the guy for even insinuating that bloggers get "bought" by Disney ... hilarious.

Lee

Adventurer
Speaking of spirited quickees ... has anyone checked out Jim Hill's infamous post that we all talked about on here, well there is some dude that he has been going back and forth with and in Hill's latest rebuttal he belittles the guy for even insinuating that bloggers get "bought" by Disney ... hilarious.
I'm starting to worry 'bout Jim a little bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom