News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
People goto the mountains, beaches, forrests, or even theme parks.. to be entertained. It's pretentious to think your idea of 'best entertainment' supercedes other's own personal tastes. It's why Disney is the best of it's breed.. not the best period.

The poster didn't try to say the beach was better at Disney at being Disney.. they were comparing alternate forms of entertainment.
Thanks for jumping in before reading all my posts. I will say again ... The two holidays are not comparable . NEITHER is better than the other .

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thanks for jumping in before reading all my posts. I will say again ... The two holidays are not comparable . NEITHER is better than the other .

Do people not consume those products for similar reasons? Entertainment and personal gratification?

Just because people prefer different flavors or forms.. does not make them incomparable.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't know if this was discussed already. It's hard to wade through pages of arguments over beaches and vacation habits but I didn't see it discussed. When they talk about a parking fee is it for people not staying at the resort who are just visiting a friend or maybe there for a meal or for all cars including resort guests? The fact that they have an hourly rate seems to imply it's for visitors not guests staying at the resort. It's a pretty well known abuse that non-guests will try to sneak into resort lots under the guise of having a dining reservation to beat the theme park parking fees. They may be looking to close that loophole. Charging $30 for an actual hotel guest to park seems ridiculous even for Disney.

SorcererMC

I don't know if this was discussed already. It's hard to wade through pages of arguments over beaches and vacation habits but I didn't see it discussed. When they talk about a parking fee is it for people not staying at the resort who are just visiting a friend or maybe there for a meal or for all cars including resort guests? The fact that they have an hourly rate seems to imply it's for visitors not guests staying at the resort. It's a pretty well known abuse that non-guests will try to sneak into resort lots under the guise of having a dining reservation to beat the theme park parking fees. They may be looking to close that loophole. Charging $30 for an actual hotel guest to park seems ridiculous even for Disney.

Yes, it was brought up but got lost in a sea of off-topic (or vaguely relevant) posts. Agreed that a flat $30 parking fee is ridiculous even for Disney and so I think that we don't have the full picture/ sufficient information.

The hotels like Marriott off property are charging for parking to keep the locals from just coming to swim at their hotel. If u r going thru a gate a d show u r a guest there is no reason to have to pay to park at the hotel. They will price the,selves out of business there is already too many ala carte things now

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes, it was brought up but got lost in a sea of off-topic (or vaguely relevant) posts. Agreed that a flat $30 parking fee is ridiculous even for Disney and so I think that we don't have the full picture/ sufficient information.
Not that I don't trust the original poster's info, but I think this is the 3rd time a similar type thread and discussion has occurred. I have no doubt that Disney has or is looking at resort fees since it has become so mainstream now. It's probably a matter of when not if.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just for comparison purposes Universal does charge hotel guests for parking. It's not $30 a night but there is a charge. I want to say somewhere around $20+. Not sure if the value hotel is cheaper or the same. As far as I know they don't charge a separate resort fee.

Rebel_

I see the term "investment" and "ROI" used so many times here. Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at a vacation as an "investment". We could have fun at a campground, or on a cruise, or at a 5star hotel, 3 star hotel, cabin, or at WDW. The decision on a destination just depends on what/where to/how much time/how much money I want to spend.. but a "great time" would be had at any of them. At the end of the day, a vacation is about spending time and creating memories with your loved ones...doesn't matter what backdrop is there.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but if I'm just going to hang around with my family to make memories, I don't need to drop $2,500 on tickets. When I do drop $2,500 on tickets, I expect to be having a blast every stinking minute. I can people watch at the farmers' market in town for free. When I'm at WDW I want to milk every iota of fun out of my day.

flynnibus

Premium Member

My guess is both...

You charge for parking, so non-guests pay
Then you charge for a resort fee that includes parking for resort guests

The house wins both ways..

drizgirl

My guess is both...

I think this is the most likely scenario. I just see no way they can charge $30 for parking for onsite guests plus a resort fee. That might be where they eventually want to end up in a long range plan. But they would have to start much smaller and build from there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My guess is both...

That makes sense. If they include the parking in the resort fee it will probably go over better.

21stamps

Going thru a gate doesn't mean that you won't pay for parking. But I once again agree that I think the probability of a resort fee and parking charge combined is slim to none. I still doubt the resort fee as it was described in this thread-"with No additions".

21stamps

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but if I'm just going to hang around with my family to make memories, I don't need to drop $2,500 on tickets. When I do drop $2,500 on tickets, I expect to be having a blast every stinking minute. I can people watch at the farmers' market in town for free. When I'm at WDW I want to milk every iota of fun out of my day.
Agree. But at the end of the day you are responsible for "having a blast". Things can go wrong..nothing will be absolutely perfect no matter how much we plan.. the trick is how you roll with things if they do go wrong. At that point it's up to your attitude. The "2500" on tickets is just that- tickets, to a theme park..you take the rest from there :)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Agree. But at the end of the day you are responsible for "having a blast". Things can go wrong..nothing will be absolutely perfect no matter how much we plan.. the trick is how you roll with things if they do go wrong. At that point it's up to your attitude. The "2500" on tickets is just that- tickets, to a theme park..you take the rest from there :)

For $2,500 you should have some expectation of enjoying what you're spending $2,500 on. If you had a $5 hamburger and it's uncooked on a moldy bun I don't think you'd eat it and make an excuse that you were responsible for enjoying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom