WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s clear that certainly at least for the rest of this year any notion of a “normal” vacation can stay in Fantasyland.
Agreed. Unless they wait a very long time to open the parks there’s going to be a modified experience upon opening. It won’t last forever so if you don’t want to deal with it just stay away until it passes. As @Duckberg said there are a lot of CMs who want to get back to work and there are at least some guests willing to go under the modified rules. As long as it’s deemed safe have at it. Both groups are happy.

Animaniac93-98

It’s clear that certainly at least for the rest of this year any notion of a “normal” vacation can stay in Fantasyland.

Agreed, though I look forward to "New Fantasyland" in which our vacations are more or less the same as they are now, but we can eat in an overpriced restaurant and we just have to walk through a themed concrete barrier to get there. ;)

TrojanUSC

Doing a simple internet search, the only time I see ANY business reaching out to customers of potential exposure is late-February to mid-March. Anything within the last 60 days has been quite the opposite.

The problem with your insistence on notifying guests of POTENTIAL exposure is that a.) They’ve already warned guests of the potential and the guest assumes all responsibility

View attachment 471183

and b.) Why would ANY business assume responsibility for something they can’t prove they caused? Not to be insensitive, but who’s to say that a guest came into contact at Space Mountain and not at the airport, or Magical Express if flying in, or at a gas station if driving. If the Mears driver who handles EVERYONE’S luggage exposes them before they get to an infected cast member, how is that possible infection on Disney? No business is gonna assume responsibility for something that cannot be proven.

Is it the right thing to do let people know? Yes. Are we trying to stop the spread? Yes. Do I think Disney will have extremely strict testing on their end to monitor guest AND cast member health? 100%. As a business, are you going to be calling tens of thousands of guests to say they MAY have been exposed and assume responsibility for something that MAY have been introduced elsewhere. Nope. There is no way to track every guest that may have come into contact with it. Not every guest is using a magic band. What about day trip guests with no fast passes. What about the guests that used a then potentially infected to bus to go elsewhere? Or the guests that stayed at the same resort.

IF Disney were to attempt to contact guests about potential exposure, you’d have to contact every guest staying on property. Why create a panic and put that liability on yourself. Unfortunately, it isn’t about what is right, it’s about what you can prove. The same can be said about recent guests. Are recent guests obligated to call Disney and let them know they were recently there and may have infected cast members?

Upon reopening, all guests will be using magic bands for expressly this purpose. They also wouldn't have to notify every guest on property - it will only be done when conditions warrant it (ie a significant outbreak). The PR that will inevitably happen when 30 people in one attraction or restaurant test positive and Disney doesn't notify guests will be far worse than notifying them in an orderly way.

And yes, those notifications were happening in early March because that is when places like WDW or cruise ships were still operating.

Nearly every expert admits that a big part of combating this is contact tracing. While Disney won't be doing that in the same way some cities and states will, there is some necessity that they notify guests if there was a "significant risk of exposure," more than just the normal risk in th language they are providing.

Minthorne

1589829928981.png

Gearbm95

Maybe a dumb question, but isn’t it impossible for all 4 parks to reopen at the same time? Didn’t Disney send most of Epcot international CMs back home? Could they staff Epcot without the international CMs?

mhaftman7

Maybe a dumb question, but isn’t it impossible for all 4 parks to reopen at the same time? Didn’t Disney send most of Epcot international CMs back home? Could they staff Epcot without the international CMs?
I would imagine that not all were able to go back to their country of origin. Honestly, I don’t know how that system works, but one would imagine that they would not delay the entire park because of the World Showcase.

harryk

I would not be surprised to see all the parks reopened by the beginning of September 2020. The funds lost during this shut-down have not been inconsiderable even though park management stopped all upgrades to facilities and property during this period when it could have been done without the guests being present. How many DVC resorts will open with less than 95% occupancy -- very few I believe.

JohnD

This notification from Disney tells me that they are not waiting for a vaccine to be deployed nor will they wait till Covid-19 is functionally eradicated before opening the parks. They know there will be risk and are basically saying that if you visit their properties in the early days of reopening, you ARE AT RISK.

Yep. I took that as good news. It's a notification that they'll be opening in the near future. It's the equivalent of warnings before riding Mission:Space. The ride, or in this case the parks, are open. But you assume the risk. That's basically what happens every day when we walk outside the front door.

RaveOnEd

Yep. I took that as good news. It's a notification that they'll be opening in the near future. It's the equivalent of warnings before riding Mission:Space. The ride, or in this case the parks, are open. But you assume the risk. That's basically what happens every day when we walk outside the front door.
"You take a risk waking up in the morning, crossing the street, or sticking your face in a fan."-Lt. Frank Drebin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom