WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katelynbird

To be totally honest, I really haven't a clue because from what I have been hearing all along the people in charge of all of this they don't seem to have a clue about what this virus is going to do in the future. I mean some high ups say it is all good and things are looking great and others say the country is stupid for reopening too fast and it is all going to backfire. So in that case it could open up in July or it could open up sometime next year. :) Did that help at all? Sorta the logic that we hear everyday on television, huh?

JohnD

To be totally honest, I really haven't a clue because from what I have been hearing all along the people in charge of all of this they don't seem to have a clue about what this virus is going to do in the future. I mean some high ups say it is all good and things are looking great and others say the country is stupid for reopening too fast and it is all going to backfire. So in that case it could open up in July or it could open up sometime next year. :) Did that help at all? Sorta the logic that we hear everyday on television, huh?

Fair enough. But at what point is it okay to open. With the Karens of this world, it seems that every day is too soon. We're coming up on June and summer. Three months since lockdown. Enough already. Be smart. Be responsible. But it's time to open.

Epcotbob

Yep. I took that as good news. It's a notification that they'll be opening in the near future. It's the equivalent of warnings before riding Mission:Space. The ride, or in this case the parks, are open. But you assume the risk. That's basically what happens every day when we walk outside the front door.

There has been a definite shift in this whole thing from compulsory to voluntary. Basically they are now saying: If you're concerned, you are free to stay home and continue to isolate. If not, you are free to go out and do things....just be aware you are at risk. We all know that....

Katelynbird

Fair enough. But at what point is it okay to open. With the Karens of this world, it seems that every day is too soon. We're coming up on June and summer. Three months since lockdown. Enough already. Be smart. Be responsible. But it's time to open.
I think it really comes down to the individual then. The parks are going to open at some point in time. It is up to that person if they feel safe enough to go or not. In July more people may not feel as safe as going in October. That is up to the person. When it comes down to it really we as guests of the parks don't really have any say when they open, but we do have a say when we choose to go.

Jrb1979

I don't see them opening much before mid July. I don't care when they open as I don't plan on going any time soon. Not til there is a cure or vaccine cause I don't trust others with my safety. Seeing many on here trying to find ways to get around rules for our health is disgusting 😡😡. I have lost faith in most people since this has gone on.

Parker in NYC

I don't see them opening much before mid July. I don't care when they open as I don't plan on going any time soon. Not til there is a cure or vaccine cause I don't trust others with my safety. Seeing many on here trying to find ways to get around rules for our health is disgusting 😡😡. I have lost faith in most people since this has gone on.

When derogatory names enter the conversation, it's time to clear the decks.

rle4lunch

Free will has to prevail in the common sense argument. right? if you feel like it's gonna kill you, by all means, shelter in place. if you think you're gonna be okay, then resume your normal lives. right? right? kowtowing till the cows come home (see what i did there?) isn't going to get us through this. the sooner we realize this, the sooner people will start to build immunity to it and let this virus become just part of life.

JohnD

Free will has to prevail in the common sense argument. right? if you feel like it's gonna kill you, by all means, shelter in place. if you think you're gonna be okay, then resume your normal lives. right? right? kowtowing till the cows come home (see what i did there?) isn't going to get us through this. the sooner we realize this, the sooner people will start to build immunity to it and let this virus become just part of life.

Be ready for the attacks on the herd immunity argument you just made. As for reopening, do I like the masks, social distancing, temperature checks, ad nauseum as will be required at DS and soon the parks? Of course not. But it's a step to re-opening. So count me in, following all the guidelines. Let's hope they're only temporary. So getting back on topic, July 1 opening?

rle4lunch

Be ready for the attacks on the herd immunity argument you just made. As for reopening, do I like the masks, social distancing, temperature checks, ad nauseum as will be required at DS and soon the parks? Of course not. But it's a step to re-opening. So count me in, following all the guidelines. Let's hope they're only temporary. So getting back on topic, July 1 opening?

I don't care about others on the board attacking me. I grew up without the internet, so i care less about being 'attacked' on a digital platform by internet experts that want to espouse their disdain for others having opinions that differ than their own. that said, i'll comply to a certain amount of restriction that i don't think will interfere too greatly with our VACATION (you know, something that's supposed to be stress free). If i feel that the ROI on my trip will be impacted too much, then I'll reschedule for a later date and do something else with my week off. big frickin' deal. lol

Herdman

I don't care about others on the board attacking me. I grew up without the internet, so i care less about being 'attacked' on a digital platform by internet experts that want to espouse their disdain for others having opinions that differ than their own. that said, i'll comply to a certain amount of restriction that i don't think will interfere too greatly with our VACATION (you know, something that's supposed to be stress free). If i feel that the ROI on my trip will be impacted too much, then I'll reschedule for a later date and do something else with my week off. big frickin' deal. lol
And that's exactly the attitude everyone should take in regards to their vacation. Know the risks, determine what level of risk you are willing to take and if the risks or restrictions are more than you want to take or endure then don't go.

KikoKea

Shades of Green just cancelled our reservations for the week of 22June. Seems June is out, unless they plan to open only to DVC or guests of "real" WDW hotels. We have reservations for a week in Sept and Nov , so will stick with them and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom