WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Harlem

I'm sticking with sometime in June for limited openings.

I know, I know...I'm contrary to all the experts and highly revered insiders on this board, but what the heck......It's not like I have any money on it. Besides, then y'all can come back and laugh me to scorn if (when?) I'm wrong.

The Florida Governor is going to make announcements about "Phase 2" tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if a date or goal for Parks (Small or Big) is mentioned.... The cruise industry seems to be aligning on limited restarts at the end of July/Start of August, so I think you may be closer to right than most on the parks. Especially if the Hospital utilization rates and new case rates in Florida keep slowing. Watch the minor parks first (Fun Spot, Legoland, etc) The only small park open right now in Central Florida is Dinosaur World, and part of Wild Florida. Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc are not (yet).

"Limited Reopening" is the catch, though. The important point, is you have the choice.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And again, as a nation we are divided. The stay at home people vs the open up people. It is madness.
Take a step back from the mass media echo chambers. The vast majority of Americans don’t fit in either of those categories. The majority of people favor a plan that involves a deliberate approach to opening that is fact based and properly paced to be able to assess the impact of case load from re-opening if any. There are very few “stay at home“ people supporting full stay at home orders until there’s a vaccine. There are also very few people who want everything open immediately. Cable news networks will portray that there’s a whole us vs them dynamic and everyone needs to pick a side but they have politicized this issue for the obvious benefit of their ratIngs. If there is one thing I’ve learned from the threads here is that if you really listen to what people are saying, most of us are actually relatively in agreement on the big picture. There’s disagreement on speed and timing but overall everyone wants the same thing. We want to get out, we want to go back to WDW, we want the economy to recover as fast as possible.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Florida Governor is going to make announcements about "Phase 2" tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if a date or goal for Parks (Small or Big) is mentioned.... The cruise industry seems to be aligning on limited restarts at the end of July/Star of August, so I think you may be closer to right than most on the parks. Especially if the Hospital utilization rates and new case rates keep slowing. Watch the minor parks first (Fun Spot, Legoland, etc) The only small park open right now in Central Florida is Dinosaur World, and part of Wild Florida. Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc are not (yet).
Didn’t he just announce today that the whole state is in phase 1. Seems a little early to move to phase 2 a day later. Maybe they set a goal for timing and statistics necessary when areas can move to phase 2. I still don’t think WDW fits in phase 2 of re-opening. They are supposedly only allowing in state house rentals in phase 2 to avoid too many people from out of state coming to FL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I know, I know...I'm contrary to all the experts and highly revered insiders on this board, but what the heck......It's not like I have any money on it. Besides, then y'all can come back and laugh me to scorn if (when?) I'm wrong.
This may be the one time when insiders know nothing more than the rest of us. They will probably find out sooner than the public when there actually is a plan, but I am not sure Disney Execs really know for sure. They probably have some scenarios for opening dates but are waiting for more data on success of smaller scale re-openings. DS will also be a small sample of how to expect guests to behave.

Ksearcy

Take a step back from the mass media echo chambers. The vast majority of Americans don’t fit in either of those categories. The majority of people favor a plan that involves a deliberate approach to opening that is fact based and properly paced to be able to assess the impact of case load from re-opening if any. There are very few “stay at home“ people supporting full stay at home orders until there’s a vaccine. There are also very few people who want everything open immediately. Cable news networks will portray that there’s a whole us vs them dynamic and everyone needs to pick a side but they have politicized this issue for the obvious benefit of their ratIngs. If there is one thing I’ve learned from the threads here is that if you really listen to what people are saying, most of us are actually relatively in agreement on the big picture. There’s disagreement on speed and timing but overall everyone wants the same thing. We want to get out, we want to go back to WDW, we want the economy to recover as fast as possible.
Interesting....You mention we want to get out, we want to go to Disney, we want to help the economy. Did you forget to add that we'd like as few people to die in the process as possible? Just a thought....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting....You mention we want to get out, we want to go to Disney, we want to help the economy. Did you forget to add that we'd like as few people to die in the process as possible? Just a thought....
I would have assumed that was a given...unless you think there’s a side that wants to see the maximum amount of death. That group is definitely very, very small if they exist at all.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Nah man, it very well could be June. There is an overwhelming amount of news today saying so many things are opening.

Epcotbob

This may be the one time when insiders know nothing more than the rest of us. They will probably find out sooner than the public when there actually is a plan, but I am not sure Disney Execs really know for sure. They probably have some scenarios for opening dates but are waiting for more data on success of smaller scale re-openings. DS will also be a small sample of how to expect guests to behave.

This. They might have some "most likely" scenarios that don't include June, but it sure seems that they are keeping their options open.....

TrojanUSC

The Florida Governor is going to make announcements about "Phase 2" tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if a date or goal for Parks (Small or Big) is mentioned.... The cruise industry seems to be aligning on limited restarts at the end of July/Start of August, so I think you may be closer to right than most on the parks. Especially if the Hospital utilization rates and new case rates in Florida keep slowing. Watch the minor parks first (Fun Spot, Legoland, etc) The only small park open right now in Central Florida is Dinosaur World, and part of Wild Florida. Gatorland, Fun Spot, etc are not (yet).

"Limited Reopening" is the catch, though. The important point, is you have the choice.

This assumes the only factor is the Florida government. This is about the numbers nationwide, just as much as it is in Florida. They are a global travel destination, not a local amusement park.

Fauci was on the testifying yesterday saying opening too soon will cause "needless suffering and death." You can be sure Burbank was tuned in.

Minthorne

1589484534775.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Didn’t he just announce today that the whole state is in phase 1. Seems a little early to move to phase 2 a day later. Maybe they set a goal for timing and statistics necessary when areas can move to phase 2. I still don’t think WDW fits in phase 2 of re-opening. They are supposedly only allowing in state house rentals in phase 2 to avoid too many people from out of state coming to FL.

My understanding about the announcement tomorrow is that it pertains to reopening gyms.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This assumes the only factor is the Florida government. This is about the numbers nationwide, just as much as it is in Florida. They are a global travel destination, not a local amusement park.

Fauci was on the testifying yesterday saying opening too soon will cause "needless suffering and death." You can be sure Burbank was tuned in.
The general sense is that when WDW does start to re-open the parks, the initial phase(s) will be focused solely on locals and other Florida residents. They aren't going to flip the switch and re-open as a global or even a US destination resort right away. Heck, the FL governor has even talked about the Federal government delay the return of inbound international flights for a while to manage our way out of all this slowly. It's likely that WDW will operate as a locals park for a bit when they first start the re-opening process and then slowly ramp up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom