WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

They plan to be open before July 24. If they think they can open Mulan in theaters that day they think WDW will have been opened a while before that.

So, if I can go to a movie theater, they can open the largest theme park resort complex on Earth? I don't have to take an airplane to the movie theater. I don't have to invest thousands of dollars to challenge the odds of whether or not I'll actually get into the place. There is so much involved in the parks reopening that has nothing to do with the parks themselves.

bcoachable

July 4th is one of the busiest days of the year for Walt Disney World. I suspect the last thing Disney wants at this point is to begin re-opening on what is historically one of their highest crowd days.
I am sure you are right-
I was just dreaming about how cool it would be...
All the world, to me is a stage, we are merely players.
In my play, this is all just a dream.
WDW opening on the the Fourth of July was the final scene...
(pinch me... anyone... please)

icc2515

Over at Yahoo News I read an article from Reuters that Disney has reached an agreement with the union on measures for reopening the parks. Which includes social distancing, more cleaning and mandatory masks for employees and guests. The article was dated today about an hour ago.

raymusiccity

I’m a lad not a lass, FYI.
download.jpeg

Parker in NYC

I will really be searching for your post when they open sometime during the summer. I don't think June is an option, July more likely. Obviously at reduced capacity. July fits the exact timeframe of Shanghai being closed and reopened, and I think Disney will model much of what they do after what happens there.

I really will be looking for your post when they open sometime this summer. I think June is out of the question, July more likely, August at the latest. Obviously with reduced capacity. July fits the exact timeframe of how long Shanghai was closed and reopned, and Disney has already stated they will model much of WDW after that. With the Governor inviting all pro sports franchises to come to Florida and with him set to start opening Miami, Dade and Broward counties, where the vast majority of cases have been, I think it's definitely on the horizon.

Now, it could very well be to Florida residents only to start so they don't have outside travelers coming in. I'm not saying it will be "business as usual", but some kind of opening will happen in the next 2-3 months.

Do you know how many times I've been told "I'll be searching for your post" or "I'll send you photos from opening day" since this thing began? But it's ok, I'll take yet another hit.

I could spin the wheel of masks, flights, heat exhaustion, temperature checks, etc. to pick my reasons but I just got in from Fantasyland and boy are my arms tired.

Parker in NYC

Well I guess you don’t have to wait for that anymore

Ok, this again. I have been talking about WDW theme parks reopening. The parks. Not the hotels, not Disney Springs. And just because Disney Springs is open doesn't indicate anything about the parks.

And if you say I'm moving the goalposts, be my guest to go back to the first post of the Coronavirus and WDW thread (which I began) and read. But bring drinks. It'll be quite the slog.

carolina_yankee

I’d like to think sometime before August the public have been inside a US Disney park again.

Language barrier. As an American, I'd like to think that, too, but I have nothing to go on but my own hopes and dreams! Is that a subtle British way of saying you have reason to think that beyond either personal preference or "we're all doomed if it can't happen!" :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
July 4th is one of the busiest days of the year for Walt Disney World. I suspect the last thing Disney wants at this point is to begin re-opening on what is historically one of their highest crowd days.
This is true. As dramatic as it may seem and as much of a feel good story it could make it would not be wise. They need a small, quiet opening to get their feet wet. Opening on a day that generally has phased closures in a normal year wouldn’t be small or quiet. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were ready by 7/1 if they put it off until 7/6 just to get past 4th of July weekend.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was surprised it was extended in the first place, but yes.
The state of emergency allows the governor to bypass certain red tape and act more quickly to spend state dollars. It also puts you in line for the federal money being given out. I’d be surprised if any state of emergency ended this summer. I’d think most states will still have their emergency task forces and response centers setup for a long time. It won’t end when the stay at home orders are dropped and things open back up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Someone over at DisBoards is claiming a manager she knows at Springs said WDW is opening in full, resorts and all parks, on July 1st. Any “insiders” here hear anything about that?
I’m no insider, but that’s when they started taking reservations again so that’s probably where it’s coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom