WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herdman

Announced today that the Orange County Convention Center is set to host a volleyball tournament with 30,000 people in attendence on June 16th with the standard saftey measures in place. Not sure if that could be a precursor for the theme parks or not.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Announced today that the Orange County Convention Center is set to host a volleyball tournament with 30,000 people in attendence on June 16th with the standard saftey measures in place. Not sure if that could be a precursor for the theme parks or not.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, someone has to step out first and go on a ledge to see if we can make these types of events work with social distancing protocols.

Jrb1979

Its nuts to be having any event that involves large gatherings. They are just asking for a big spike in cases when they have these events. Here in Canada where I live we are only talking about allowing groups of 10.

Herdman

Its nuts to be having any event that involves large gatherings. They are just asking for a big spike in cases when they have these events. Here in Canada where I live we are only talking about allowing groups of 10.
Have to give it a shot and see if they can make it work. Great test to see if people can follow the protocols.

DVCakaCarlF

Constitutional Ex post facto doesn't apply in this situation. No, the limits on airline liability are not analogous -- Because they did not give immunity. What does apply is simple 14th amendment due process. If someone files a lawsuit, that is actually an asset they own. You can't just take it away without due process. You can't just pass a law cancelling the lawsuit. Sure, you can impose limits on liability (tort caps are constantly being debated). You can regulate the procedures for claims. But you can't just give blanket immunity, it would be offensive to due process.

And no, you can't preempt state tort remedies with the commerce clause which only applies to INTERSTATE commerce. Airlines fall under Federal jurisdiction.
If someone slips and falls on my front step.. and they live in my state, and they sue me in my home state's court.... There is no interstate commerce involved, the Federal government has no ability to preempt the state tort remedies.
Unless the parties involved are from two different states and then it can be moved to federal court.

havoc315

You are cracking me up. Rick Scott is on tv saying congress is about to agree to immunize business for COVID and you are talking about slip and falls. By the way they could eliminate state slip and fall liability on exactly the aggregation theory of Wickard and Raich. No question not even close.

The same rationale they will use to immunize businesses from state law COVID liability should they choose to do so.

not a single case you have given, suggests the Federal government has the right prohibit due process in the states.
It will be interesting to see what format the business protections take, but it’s unlikely to be blanket immunity.

BfreeWV

I was booked for April 19th, then told I could reschedule the June 1st and get a free dining plan because of all the inconvenience yada yada yada. Now I'm being told I will have to reschedule again because June 1st doesn't look so good right now and the kicker is there taking the dining plan away from us. Oh and another thing, when we rescheduled to June 1st I had to pay an additional $220 because I was told the room rates went up. So now they're saying I have to rebook more than likely and there is no offers for the coronavirus closure customers.

ToTBellHop

I was booked for April 19th, then told I could reschedule the June 1st and get a free dining plan because of all the inconvenience yada yada yada. Now I'm being told I will have to reschedule again because June 1st doesn't look so good right now and the kicker is there taking the dining plan away from us. Oh and another thing, when we rescheduled to June 1st I had to pay an additional $220 because I was told the room rates went up. So now they're saying I have to rebook more than likely and there is no offers for the coronavirus closure customers.
That really sucks. They should extend that free dining deal to you...bad form!

Getachew

you got a cancellation letter?

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Kick that up. It used to be you could send an email to George Kalogridis and it would get kicked over to a special customer service group and it seems they had more power to fix issues than others. I can’t find Josh D’Amaro’s email address but you could probably email George and get some results. I know George used to actually read most if not all emails.

It’s pretty crappy that they’re taking the free dining away and making you pay more for a situation outside of your control.

Getachew

So, with all the news of Springs re-opening, and some cast members being called back, anyone with any changes in predictions for the parks?

jinx8402

I still think early July, but the lack of cancellations for the first week of June so far is interesting. The last few weeks, Disney had started cancellations on Wednesday. People were expecting that to occur around 4-5PM yesterday, but so far nothing. Another quirk is that some people with June reservations are starting to see their magic bands being processed for their resort stay. And finally, all fast pass+ selections that people made for June/July disappeared last night for an hour. That could mean either they were working on the system to prepare for an eventual opening, or just your regular Disney glitch (glitch more likely of the two).

Now it's possible they are waiting for Desantis to announce phase 2 this week. It could also mean they are looking to open up resorts but not the parks, like Shanghai. It is also possible that they just randomly decided to break from the past month or so of when they start sending out cancellations.

Epcotbob

I still think early July, but the lack of cancellations for the first week of June so far is interesting. The last few weeks, Disney had started cancellations on Wednesday. People were expecting that to occur around 4-5PM yesterday, but so far nothing. Another quirk is that some people with June reservations are starting to see their magic bands being processed for their resort stay. And finally, all fast pass+ selections that people made for June/July disappeared last night for an hour. That could mean either they were working on the system to prepare for an eventual opening, or just your regular Disney glitch (glitch more likely of the two).

Now it's possible they are waiting for Desantis to announce phase 2 this week. It could also mean they are looking to open up resorts but not the parks, like Shanghai. It is also possible that they just randomly decided to break from the past month or so of when they start sending out cancellations.

......or maybe they are planning for limited openings of the parks in June 🤔

jinx8402

......or maybe they are planning for limited openings of the parks in June 🤔

That is literally the point of my post?

That doesn't change my thought that early July is more likely, but there is clearly something different with how information has been coming out this last week.

BfreeWV

Kick that up. It used to be you could send an email to George Kalogridis and it would get kicked over to a special customer service group and it seems they had more power to fix issues than others. I can’t find Josh D’Amaro’s email address but you could probably email George and get some results. I know George used to actually read most if not all emails.

It’s pretty crappy that they’re taking the free dining away and making you pay more for a situation outside of your control.
Wow oh, wouldn't that be nice. I sent an email to guest services two days ago telling them my whole situation and they responded the next day, yesterday, with basically an auto response like a copy and paste from their website. I will admit I was pretty frustrated that I couldn't get answers to my concerns. I just received this today in my email. I'm guessing my June 1st date will be impacted. I was mentally prepared for this to happen anyway. Right now I really just feel like I'm another number on a piece of paper somewhere. I never expected to get treated this way by Disney of all places, the happiest place on earth.
Screenshot_20200514-104447_Gmail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom