WDW Pictures of Crowds

sweetpee_1993

Not something you see when the park is not over crowded -

monorail_lawn_nappers.jpg

I am SOOOOO glad this thread got revived because I've been thinking of this picture recently. I remember when I first saw it originally I was like :confused: ... why???? Well, I think we will be doing just this on January 22, 2013 if I find a good grassy spot without hopping a fence. I know you're wondering why we would do such on a non-busy day. Just go back to your room for a nap. Well, we can't. We're going to be on an 8-night cruise out of Galveston that makes stops at Castaway Cay, Key West, and Port Canaveral. The Port Canaveral day each person is provided round trip transportation to the parks from the port and a single day park hopper ticket at no additional charge. I booked us on the first bus out from the port: 6:30 a.m. so we'd be at Epcot for morning EMH opening. Yes, as DCL guests we are eligible for EMHs. We want to hit up some favorites at Epcot then hop to the MK for the rest of the day/night. Normally, we are mid-day nappers whether we're on a parks vacation or on a cruise. So this one very early morning + long day has had me quite worried. Without a rest there's just no way we'll survive all the way thru Wishes without a huge case of the grumpies. The potential of Disney meltdown could be huge. I've considered getting a room at a resort for this one day. Ultimately, I'd rather find a nice place on the grass, throw down a sheet, and catch a nap right there. No problem-o.

Or maybe I should stock up on 5-hour energy shots and red bull.... LOL!

Britt

OH MY GOSH *jaw drop* I will never ever complain about crowds again. o_O NEVER have I been there when it looks anything like that.I even went in April, Spring Break and it did NOT look like these crowds. *For those mentioning the lack of smiles....honestly, I dont walk around with a big grin on my face...not even at WDW. LOL*

Ok, now off to find my own pics, from both my trips!

Britt

Epcot April 2011 (around 5ish) This is Spring Break time.

IMG_2060.jpg

At the start of the day
IMG_1949.jpg

**I WILL NEVER GO ANOTHER TIME OTHER THEN SEPT AGAIN...ROFL**
Hollywood Studios Sept 2012

259-1.jpg

Epcot Sept 2012
202.jpg

Magic Kingdom Sept 2012

(Kids were making "funny faces" and Dylans only in a onesie because we got ice cream on his pants. I promise he didn't walk around like that...we took them off just for the pic so they weren't stained in the pic....LOL)

287-1.jpg

This was midday at MK

309.jpg

Britt

In all the years we have gone to Disney and for many years have never stayed on property no one in my family has ever just laid down on the benches or in the grass to take a break or sleep. We have gone back to our room off or on property and rested and then come back. I guess it is the way you are raised, respect for yourself, and consideration for other people. But then in todays world people are only worried about themselves.
I guess I dont see how it's disrespectful to yourself or other, or inconsiderate (except the weirdo with his shirt off...thats just gross). I mean...people lay out in the grass at parks all the time. I would think, especially at a place like WDW, with crowds like these guys are dealing with, it makes the most sense. They want to rest for an hour, cool down, it would take longer to get on the transportation, get to their room, rest and then try and HOPE to get back into the park. With crowds at that level...you dont know. There aren't enough benches and tables at WDW to hold everyone whos not eating a meal.

These people are out of the way, on some of the FEW areas of grass we're allowed on at WDW and just taking a breather, which is necessary sometimes. I'd rather they do that then be acting a fool in the park due to exhaustion.

They didn't spend thousands on a trip to get turned away at the gate because it's too full. Now...weirdo with the shirt off...thats just gross and I dont understand THAT at all. But people sitting/relaxing in the grass....I dont see why thats a big deal and suddenly you've lost all self respect, and are super inconsiderate of others o_O

Was raised wrong, apparently.

lilclerk

We were there at the same time!
That was probably my favorite trip crowd-wise! Unfortunately, I was with my nephew who only wanted to hang out in the pool o_O I was glad to spend time with him, but I hated missing so much park time when it was so quiet!

Minnie1976

Original Poster
August 1977...we had no idea how good we had it. Low crowds, no ECV's and no Brazillian tour groups!

DisneyAug1977059_zps56b74c06.jpg
For those days again, 20,000 leagues and the skyway. There was a place in that area where I always took my sons' picture. Not there anymore with the new fantasyland construction.

ginadee

O
I searched but didn't find a thread with pictures of the crowds. I thought it would be fun to see how crowded the different parks get at different times during the year.

I'll start it off with a picture from December 21, 2011 at around 3:30p.m. in Frontierland.

DSCN0151.jpg
OMG!! I think I would faint. I aint never in my life. Ive never gone during these times. Always go during slowest seasons. No kids here so pretty open.

WDW97

So.. I'm going during the week of July 4th, 2013 and I want to know how bad it is. I've gone in June the past 2 summers and it wasn't really bad of course I've never seen it as empty in some of the above picks, so I may not no what good is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom