WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorjus

It is my opinion that digital takes better than film...now. Provided your digital camera has options for manual settings, you can do a lot more than a film camera could. For example, using a high ISO no longer means grainy shots as it would with film.

PKD

Spin me right round baby, right round!

teacups.jpg

dazzer68

abeautiful november day at disneyland paris, on the riverboat, left is the mountains of big thunder mountain which comes up thro the middle of the lake! and to the right is phantom manor!
DSC01229.jpg

jeffb

WEDisney, Jeff B, or any other photography experts,

How much of what you do is not possible with a digital camera? I have a mid-level Canon digital camera...

WDWFigment - As long as your camera will let you manually control the shutter speed and arpeture, you should be able do it all. I would say film versus digital is irrelevant, with the really big advantage of digital, as WEDisney pointed out, is instant feedback. By being able to contrel these two parameters you can get those very clear and detailed night shots with a slow shutter speed and small arpeture (big #). Of course you will also need a tripod for this. If you want to blur the background you can setting a large arpeture (low #).

A photo editor (such as Elelents or PSP, etc) that will let you crop, sharpen and make color adjustments is also pretty helpful.

It is my opinion that digital takes better than film...now. Provided your digital camera has options for manual settings, you can do a lot more than a film camera could. For example, using a high ISO no longer means grainy shots as it would with film.

I think that both film and digital each have certain advantages over each other. Two that come to mind, is film's superior dynamic range and digital's superior handling of shadows and shadow details. The best reason to shot digital imho is the instant feedback. Over the last decade Kodak and Fuji have made super advances in reducing grain that I would not view 400 speed film as something that would produce grainy shots. All of my shots posted to date are from film with the majority shot with 400 speed film. Furthermore, alot of digital camera seem to produce camera noise at 200 and above. This is actually an area where I think the camera companies should focus on opposed to the # of pixels race they all seem to be engaged in.

jeffb

WEDisney - your World Showcase evening shots (with no people) really are excellent. I am definitely enjoying them. WED really hit the ball out of the park in the design of these pavilions.

Flower'sChild

This photo was on Valentines Day and Suzy is holding the Red Rose that I gave her :eek: She thought it was really sweet that I gave her a Rose :eek: Awwwwwwwww :eek:

ValentinesDayPhotoat1900ParkFare018.jpg

Later I will start a thread on the trip report forum, about my Valentines dinner with Suzy and Perla :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom