WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocAudio

012WorldShowcaseLagoon.jpg

Zip-D-Dude

I have a Splash Mountain photo of our family with the guy behind me going for the same shot. My Avatar is my wife and sone on their first splash mountain ride. It cracks me up.

Gorjus

You've all inspired me to quit being lazy and take my camera and tripod out and get some great night shots.

the Mom said keep it to a photo a day, so I'll post this one for today.

I'm tempted to explain how I got this photo, but it is either a good photo or not; and how I got it is irrelevant if it isn't a good photo.

jeffb

Gorjus - great monorail shot!

804796026_df4cb90a9f_b.jpg

disney_nutter

You've all inspired me to quit being lazy and take my camera and tripod out and get some great night shots.

I'm tempted to explain how I got this photo, but it is either a good photo or not; and how I got it is irrelevant if it isn't a good photo.

brillant night time shot. very good wish i could do that

jeffb

This is a great picture - it just transported me back about 30 years to some my earliest memories of WDW, eating dinner with my family at a table in the center and was beyond amazed with the Monorail as it went by about every 2 minutes.

lspicknall - are these negatives or slides that you are scanning?

WDWFigment

Gorjus, it's been a while since I took composition, but in my opinion this is a great photo. The only thing that could make it better is if all of the Imagination pavilion were in frame. But great timing, angle, etc. to get the monorail just like that. So, what's the story???

lspicknall

This is a great picture - it just transported me back about 30 years to some my earliest memories of WDW, eating dinner with my family at a table in the center and was beyond amazed with the Monorail as it went by about every 2 minutes.

lspicknall - are these negatives or slides that you are scanning?

They are all slides (i think that is why they tend to be a little dark, but they look great on a screen).

Gorjus

Gorjus, it's been a while since I took composition, but in my opinion this is a great photo. The only thing that could make it better is if all of the Imagination pavilion were in frame. But great timing, angle, etc. to get the monorail just like that. So, what's the story???

Some of it was luck, some was skill. I agree the whole pavilion would have been best. However, the picture presented itself. I went with what I had: a good camera and a tripod, but about 15 seconds to set up and take the photo. The monorail had stopped on the tracks and was perfectly still. I had the camera on manual with no flash and just kept the shutter open long enough to get all the light. 5 seconds after I took the photo, the monorail started moving and a second photo was no longer possible. So, while not the best photo ever, I have a great night shot of the monorail. PS: this was taken the first day of the crane at SSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom