WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvugeoggrad

I try taking night shots all the time, sometimes they turn our and sometimes they don't. This one turned out pretty good.

Osbourne_lights.jpg

nibblesandbits

You've all inspired me to quit being lazy and take my camera and tripod out and get some great night shots.

the Mom said keep it to a photo a day, so I'll post this one for today.

I'm tempted to explain how I got this photo, but it is either a good photo or not; and how I got it is irrelevant if it isn't a good photo.
Beautiful! :D

diesel

He all. have not posted in a long while. Just thought i would share a couple of old pics. That's my brother looking out the back some 35 years ago. And an old shot of FWM.
fwmarina1972.jpg

fwrr1972.jpg

RiversideBunny

Fort Wilderness had a railroad?

Funny you should ask. There's an item today on allearsnet.com about that.

http://www.allearsnet.com/aa/anita.htm#ques6

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Back in the 1970s, there really was a railroad that carried guests around the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, and later took guests to the now-defunct water park, River Country. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Wilderness Line ran from 1973 until around 1980. I've found conflicting information on the closing date, ranging from 1977 to 1980, so if anyone knows for sure, please let me know. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There were several reasons for its demise: The tracks were laid improperly for the swampy, sandy Florida ground they were on, causing numerous, costly maintenance issues, Cast Members frequently forgot to replenish water in the engines' tanks, leaving the trains stranded on the track; and the tracks ran too close to campsites and guest areas, making it a huge liability and a threat to guest safety.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultimately, the Wilderness Line was taken out of service, replaced by trams, and then buses, and the engines and cars were forgotten and left backstage to decay." [/FONT]

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
He all. have not posted in a long while. Just thought i would share a couple of old pics. That's my brother looking out the back some 35 years ago. And an old shot of FWM.
fwmarina1972.jpg

fwrr1972.jpg

Sadly the man who took the picture was to ditracted putting film in his camrea and the train conducter was to busy being rude to a poor inasent guest so the man who took the picture was ran over. :*(. The CM had many many many many complaints, Not because he ran over a guy, he was being rude to a poor liitle inesent guest!

diberry

I think this is actually Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland. I was there last year and remember the outside looking exactly like this.

DSC00992.jpg
It's a restaurant. There's no Mr Toad's Wild Ride at DLParis. The sign over the door is different.

toadhall-noeatingfrogslegs.jpg

It means "no eating frog's legs (a French delicacy!!!) Also it just has: "Toad Hall" written in the stonework under the statue of Mr Toad on the French one.

This is the Anaheim ride

IMG_0891.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom