WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Here is mine for today (in honor of the start of the Christmas season!):

Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page, where you can visit my other WDW shots.

PhilharMagician

Here is mine for today (in honor of the start of the Christmas season!):

Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page, where you can visit my other WDW shots.

Great shot! Just don't get caught taking pics even without flash. I took 3 shot a few years ago and apparently they were watching on the monitors and made an announcement in our theater to stop all photography. It may of been a CM having a bad day, but I will never do that again. I felt a little :eek:

KeeKee

PB051528.jpg

Cynderella

Great shot! Just don't get caught taking pics even without flash. I took 3 shot a few years ago and apparently they were watching on the monitors and made an announcement in our theater to stop all photography. It may of been a CM having a bad day, but I will never do that again. I felt a little :eek:

Maybe because we were just there last November and I was taking pictures (without flash of course) in every scene and no one yelled at me. :shrug:

P.S. Beautiful Canda shot Jeff!!

jeffb

Yikes, I too am guilty of taking a few non flash shots during this show. I am usually paranoid that when I exit the show the CM is going to say something but it has yet to happen.

Tom - great shot of the COP

Kee Kee - great find and composition on the ABC test track shot.

Cynderella - thank you for the kind words on the Canada picture.

KeeKee

Yikes, I too am guilty of taking a few non flash shots during this show. I am usually paranoid that when I exit the show the CM is going to say something but it has yet to happen.

Tom - great shot of the COP

Kee Kee - great find and composition on the ABC test track shot.

Cynderella - thank you for the kind words on the Canada picture.

Thanks, Jeff. Your shot today was beautiful, as always. I really am running out of superlatives for you and Figgy...

I have never heard an admonition against "non-flash" photography during any ride or exhibit at WDW - ever - in nearly 30 years. Have I just been lucky? Is there a change in policy? How would they deal with that situation, would they confiscate a camera?

I am very confused by this. Anybody got any clarification?

imamouse

I haven't gone all the way through so if this has already been said, sorry for the repeat:

The Monkey King is the "santa" out in Japan at Epcot during the holidays. Since they don't celebrate Christmas they talk about the Chinese New Year and tales of redemption. The Monkey King is all about redemption and lesson learning so he presents his tale.

I believe the Monkey King is in China - not Japan. At least that's where we've encountered him.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks, Jeff. Your shot today was beautiful, as always. I really am running out of superlatives for you and Figgy...

I have never heard an admonition against "non-flash" photography during any ride or exhibit at WDW - ever - in nearly 30 years. Have I just been lucky? Is there a change in policy? How would they deal with that situation, would they confiscate a camera?

I am very confused by this. Anybody got any clarification?

I thought the only show that banned all photography was Finding Nemo: The Musical? :shrug: Is the rule for CoP something that the cast member announces, or is it in the pre-recorded spiel?

Either way, I would take my chances and take non-flash pictures. 1) It's too loud in Nemo for anyone to hear the shutter snap, and 2) I sit far enough away from others in CoP that I doubt they can hear the shutter snap. I doubt there is any other rationale for the flat out bans on photography, so I am willing to break the rule. Maybe I'm just a rebel (although I don't think so).

RiversideBunny

Why would there be a ban on non-flash photograpy in the Carousel of Progress attraction? It's not new with secret technology or design features.

Maybe they just don't want people getting up or standing up and causing problems for other guests or themselves?

:king:

PhilharMagician

I thought the only show that banned all photography was Finding Nemo: The Musical? :shrug: Is the rule for CoP something that the cast member announces, or is it in the pre-recorded spiel?

Either way, I would take my chances and take non-flash pictures. 1) It's too loud in Nemo for anyone to hear the shutter snap, and 2) I sit far enough away from others in CoP that I doubt they can hear the shutter snap. I doubt there is any other rationale for the flat out bans on photography, so I am willing to break the rule. Maybe I'm just a rebel (although I don't think so).

COP has always been restricted. I don't know why. No video even without lighting in COP. Not saying I have never been able to get video.:lookaroun

Yes, the CM does the announcement and differant CM's have differant spiels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom