WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

BigB911

2927529794_09ae270196_b.jpg

cooleo

1selfsacrifice - Thanks for the comments about the AA shot @ EPCOT.

JeffB - This is a Great shot of Monorail Purple. I always like the pics on this angle as it conveys the motion of the Monorail.

My shot for today...

Click the photo to go to it's flickr page.

Gorjus

Not the crispest picture ever taken but kind of fun nonetheless.

Glad you brought up that subject. I'm having a real problem with crisp lately. I have a Canon 10D. My lens is a Tamron 28-300 1:3.5-6.3. I've switched my focus to (in laymen's terms) one spot in the center so I decide what is in focus and then reframe. Of course this causes me issues in the dark when the subject is moving quickly (ie: dancers in the Festival of the Lion King). For my metering, I tend to go with spot metering. Maybe I'll switch to center weighted or Matrix/area metering is special conditions. I also tend to up the exposure levels by varying thirds. As for actual exposure, sometimes I go manual, sometimes AV, sometimes TV, but sometimes P or Auto work better, depends on the situation. Also, I post what I shoot. I don't edit them in photo software.

But while the photo may be exposed correctly, framed correctly, it just doesn't pop with crispness. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM would be fine so as not to clog up the thread with chatter.

Here is an example: It was obviously an overcast day, so I'm not concerned with the fact that there aren't any shadows or highlights which make a photo lovely. It is in focus and exposed ok. There is just no pop to the photo. Maybe it does need photoshop to up the colors.

IMG_0304.JPG

Here is a more recent one: (sorry to The Mom...more than one)

n1368293280_247153_7819.jpg

imamouse

Not the crispest picture ever taken but kind of fun nonetheless.

Clicking on the photo will take you directly to the Flickr page

Nice! Ummm....where is this? It says TTA, but I don't remember seeing it while on the TTA. Is it from Mickey's Star Traders or Merchant of Venus? I don't shop much inside the parks, so store interiors are a mystery to me :lol:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom