WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndrellagrl

From SW Weekend.
DisneyJune08067.jpg

Beautiful picture! Where was this taken?

JML42691

Original Poster
...here is my post for the day from the Contemporary Hotel.

<image snip>
Great shot Jeff!! I just love how you can make a stunning picture out of an something that would just pass by unnoticed to most people.

Azerin

I spent most of the long weekend editing disney pictures LOL... this has to be one of my favorite pictures from the trip :) Hope you all like it!

As usual... clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where many more disney pictures are available :)

Disneyfalcon

I spent most of the long weekend editing disney pictures LOL... this has to be one of my favorite pictures from the trip :) Hope you all like it!

As usual... clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where many more disney pictures are available :)

That is just stunning!!

WDWFigment

Haunted Mansion is one of the tougher ones to photograph. Just getting an auto focus lock alone can be quite trying. And I'm not quick enough for manual focus yet. Peter Pan is another really tough one, as is Pirates.

One of the things you could try, since you don't have the luxury of a high speed lens, is ISO3200, shutter aperture set at 1/60, exposure compensation -1 or -1.3. You might actually end up with a few keepers... Worth a shot anyway, unless of course you don't care to look through the viewfinder the whole attraction...

I'm using the D40 too, and like you said above, it's not so great at 3200. Instead, I think I might shot HM, PotC, etc. shots in RAW, deliberately underexpose, and try to recover a couple stops in Photoshop. Maybe bump the exposure compensation down a little, too. Worth a shot, I suppose.

This pic is from HM at DLR. I don't have a DSLR, so I have to keep the ISO way down to minimize the noise. I just make sure to take lots of shots and something will usually turn out. This time, we were in various states of broken down in the graveyard for about five mins, so of course I was snapping away! I even had time to stitch together a panoramic right on the camera!

It was actually the creepiest HM ride I've ever had. The audio from the doom buggies cut out (the music and the main vocals), but the ghouls in the graveyard were still singing along! Sometimes it sounded like a pretty normal "Grim, Grinning Ghosts", but some verses were just a hoarse whisper... with no music or accompaniment... while we were stuck... coming from the ghosts! I will never forget that ride!

100_3086.jpg

That's pretty humorous. I've never been stuck on HM. Cool picture, too!

No wonder it's one of your favorites - it's great!

Very impressive!

nibblesandbits

Wow!!! Stunning. Simply Stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom