WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rivercountry.jpg

River Country now.....

TheJonesys

Thanks Raven66 and Flower's Child, we're coming to visit for 3 weeks in October, so I shall ask the photographers. Thanks for your help:sohappy:

kc1296426

Wow......gosh I miss RC :cry: Isnt that like a giant health hazard with all the stagnant water there?
No, the water just sits there and doesn't run anywhere else because all the valves have been shut off for years. I'm actually planning on doing a photography trip over to RC to take some shots over there...looks way sad just sitting there.

Zack Attack

thanks for the pic! i only had the chance to visit once and i really wish they could've found a way to keep it open....

that quote just came out of nowhere, i had totally forgot about it!

thanks! it made my day....

I have more to come from River Country.

jeffb

DocAudio, DisneyFalcon, Azerin, tinkgrl1685, nicole 220 - Thank you for the kind words on the SSE picture.

tinkgrl1685 - Certainly feel free to use it for your desktop - I am honored.

Disneyfalcon - The long shutter speed does not help with the colors but it does allow for a small arperture which allows everything in the picture to be in complete focus (except for anything that is moving). The color enhancement is done using photoshop.

Azerin - nice Enchanted Adventures parade shot.

WDWFigment

Glad everyone liked my River Country Picture. I have more that I will post over the next few days.
IMG_201.jpg

These really bring back memories (especially the second, which was my favorite part of River Country). Ultimately, I think RC is highly regarded in retrospect, although it really pales in comparison to the two newer water parks. But, as part of the "Vacation Kingdom of the World" Disney World, I think it holds a certain place in a lot of our hearts. Personally, I don't miss the park itself, just the memories I had going there. I'd take Typhoon Lagoon over RC any day of the week for actual offerings/water attractions.

DocAudio, DisneyFalcon, Azerin, tinkgrl1685, nicole 220 - Thank you for the kind words on the SSE picture.

tinkgrl1685 - Certainly feel free to use it for your desktop - I am honored.

Disneyfalcon - The long shutter speed does not help with the colors but it does allow for a small arperture which allows everything in the picture to be in complete focus (except for anything that is moving). The color enhancement is done using photoshop.

Azerin - nice Enchanted Adventures parade shot.

I forgot to quote your actual picture, but it's quite impressive. There are so many potential great long exposure shots at Epcot after closing--the only problem I fear is that I won't be able to hit them all due to them closing off portions of the park (this happened last time and I was unable to "access" Mission Space).

Master__Gracey

You got to the love the Product Placement of Kodak film.

I know I'm way behind but I wanted to comment on this. I don't mind it. If they need sponsors to pay for the attractions I would rather it worked in this way. What bothers me is when it's pushed in your face like "Attraction presented by Company Z" or the old COP. If they had a ride that referenced a company as much as the old old COP did I would stop riding it for the point of it.

1000371wd0.jpg

I thought it is interesting to note the differences here. I could understand the wood color differences to match the park but I don't understand the need for different lamps and Br'er Rabbit's pose. :shrug:

Flower'sChild

I believe this was the first day of my 2 week birthday vacation :king: I was staying at AllStarMusic at a passholder rate. This is right in front of the Animal Kingdom park :wave:

1217.jpg

krankenstein

I thought it is interesting to note the differences here. I could understand the wood color changes to match the park but I don't understand the need for changing the lamps and Br'er Rabbit's pose. :shrug:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one Disneyland's version and the other Disney World's?

Disneyfalcon

Thanks Jeff. The focus is amazing.:)

crlachepinochet

THAT'S what I love about DL.... he's just chilling there, wandering around and free to interact with guests- and he's not being mobbed!!!

Mickey's house was being painted, so his meet 'n' greet was moved outside. That pic is him coming back from a quick cheese break while my family was waiting to meet him. I don't think we waited more than five minutes to see any character. With so many locals at DLR, they must just get used to the characters being there (sad, isn't it?). It was great to be able to see so many characters with almost no wait. In DCA's entrance plaza, we saw Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and Stitch in less than ten minutes!

Here's my pic for today: a "toonhole" cover in DLR's Toontown.

100_3407.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom