WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTBAD

DSC01042.jpg

°O°Joe

Most of you probably already know this, but here is what I wrote on my Flickr:

In the Fantasyland dark ride attraction - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - WDI pays homage to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the attraction Pooh replaced, with this picture of Toad handing over the deed to Owl. The picture is located in Owl's "house" as you ride through. It's on the wall on your left - look quick because it goes by REAL fast!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride closed on September 7, 1998 with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh replacing it on June 5, 1999.

And here is a picture of the other memorial to Mr. Toad - located in the "pet cemetary" at the exit of The Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square:

WDWFigment

Grat Picture. I'm guessing this is after EMH, maybe?

Thanks!

GREAT PIC!!!!! your night time shots are really improving- if only i could say the same.......

btw, i saw you, your fiance? (or wife?- still a great engagement story!), and a friend at the ac just as you where leaving 2 saturdays ago. i felt too odd approaching strangers, especially w/o my wife-lol.

great pic!

Thanks; you should have said hello! We didn't plan on going to the AC that evening, but had such a good time our first night, that we adjusted our schedule. Unfortunately it was so busy that we didn't catch a single show (and we had to leave early because we planned on being at MK the next morning for opening festivities). We saw a few other WDWMagic'rs during our trip!

Gorjus said:
I was there that night also. And I, not being all that tactful, did approach them. Really nice folks. We might have bumped into each other.

I don't think it lacks tact to approach people you recognize from these boards at all. I think it would be a bit ridiculous for me to have a problem with it, given how "out there" I've put myself (and Sarah). If we were afraid of talking to people or being recognized, I don't think it'd be exactly wise to post pictures or any personal details here, whatsoever. :shrug: Again, it was great meeting everyone we bumped into!

hpyhnt 1000

^Hey, very nice!

And Figment, nice pic of Pixar Studios, but I don't think Mr. Security Guard was too happy about your picture taking. :lol:

mickey's mamu

I have been enjoying everyone's pictures since this thread began and there are some really talented photographers on here. Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos.

But Figment, I have to tell you, I have been so impressed by your photos that I bought my husband a Nikon D40 and the 18-200 VR lens for our 37th wedding anniversary. He loves photography and I just hope he gets half as good with it as you are. I don't know what your profession is, but you could definitely be a professional photographer.

WDWFigment

I have been enjoying everyone's pictures since this thread began and there are some really talented photographers on here. Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos.

But Figment, I have to tell you, I have been so impressed by your photos that I bought my husband a Nikon D40 and the 18-200 VR lens for our 37th wedding anniversary. He loves photography and I just hope he gets half as good with it as you are. I don't know what your profession is, but you could definitely be a professional photographer.

You know, I don't know quite how to respond to this: on the one hand, I want to say 'thanks' for enjoying my pictures so much. On the other, thanks doesn't suffice when you spend that much money due to my pictures. On a totally different hand (I know we're already out of hands) I am inspired by you because you've been married 37 years. So, thanks and best of wishes, you deserve it. I only hope someday my fiancee and I can be like you and your husband--I hope he thoroughly enjoys your gift!

hpyhnt 1000

Taken May 1995; Different Design on ground
MKRailroadEntrace1995.jpg
;

Huh. Interesting look back with this pic. No baggage check area, different castle design, and large, mature trees framing the train station. Gotta say, the entrance looked much nicer back then, especially the trees on either side of the station; wish they'd put those back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom