WDW Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenerationX

I'm not sure why children or toddlers "in general" should be barred from WDW. If the child is happy, content, and behaving, they have just as much right to be there as an adult. Those that don't think toddlers can enjoy WDW clearly don't have toddlers.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have read this thread with some amusement. All you non parents expressing concerns about childrens well being. are you sure your not secretly airing a grievance against strollers crying children or the 1001 other things that young kids do.

I see many of you made a issue of the heat, when my youngest was born I was serving in Sardinia where it gets very warm in the summer months and generally air con is un heard of, by your reckoning we should have closed the shutters and stayed in for 3 months, or was it OK to go to the beach cause its not a theme park. I have never heard such over opinionated tripe from people who should know better, that includes the ones spouting off despite their bollox not having dropped.
No wonder you have so many visits to therapists.

For the record my youngest was 14 days when she first flew, and I don’t think she’ll remember it That wasn’t me being selfish it was part of putting on the uniform and the families are part of the baggage.

Tigggrl

A few thoughts......
As far as smoking goes...I can not say how happy I am to have moved to California, where smoking is not permitted in restaurants......I am severely allergic to cigarette smoke, and it puts me in bed sick for a week! I try my best to avoid situations that may put me in contact with smoke at all times. Even the fire that is raging out of control is giving me problems, so I am inside, and plan to stay there:)
Smoking at the parks has never been too much of an issue with me tho...most people are nice enough to smoke in the designated areas....so I avoid them all together...on the downside, both of my parents smoked the whole time I was growing up...the holidays were miserable for me cuz I was sick all thru the Holiday breaks...and My doctor has informed me that because I was pre mature, my lungs arent completely developed anyway...so the damaged caused by their smoking is irreversable:( So please remember that an innocent child may be the victim of any second hand smoke...:)
As far as kids at the parks go....
I see grouchy kids all day long. I can usually get them to stop crying and fussing by playing with them or paying attention to them. No matter what the age...I think as long as parents pay attention to the childs needs they can all be happy together....Our niece has been going to the parks since she was born, and has a wonderful time each time she goes! I had a guest with a baby about 1 yr old, and they said whenever they pull into the parking lot she gets soooo excited!
They also were there for part of the day, and were out of the heat and sun, and she was the most adorable baby! They had her in their arms, and she waved and laughed and giggled the whole time( and she wanted my pin:))
So each child is an individual case. There is nothing I hate more than to see parents fighting and arguing and screaming at their kids...they are at Disney...heck I get overexcited when I am there! Imagine a kid, with tons of sugar and caffiene in their system, and no sleep! Geeze!
So I think the one word we need to learn in alot of different cases is tolerance....If you are a smoker, just hang out by the smoking areas...as a conscious person, with a known allergy, I avoid those areas anyway....and kids will be kids, we all, especially parents out there...(I am not one...lol!) Need to make allowances for the small ones...hey, you made them, you decided to bring them, now have fun with them!

Ok, enough from me....carry on:)

dizpins14

not sure if this one was already said but guests calling Pluto, Goofy and calling Goofy, Pluto. If you can't tell the difference why the hell are you at Disney World. Go to Six Flags. What's even worse is calling Donald, Daffy.

Tigggrl

LOL!
Its not the first time I have had to politely tell a Guest that a certain Character isnt Disney.....LOL!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by GenerationX
I'm not sure why children or toddlers "in general" should be barred from WDW. If the child is happy, content, and behaving, they have just as much right to be there as an adult. Those that don't think toddlers can enjoy WDW clearly don't have toddlers.

The toddler would have as much, if not MORE, fun sitting in a closet at home banging on a pot with a wooden spoon. Sure they have a right to be there, but why bother taking them someplace as extravagant as Disney when they'll get nothing out of it?

gjpjtj

Originally posted by GenerationX

Bravo:sohappy: :sohappy:

Lilo

Originally posted by YankeeFan

The toddler would have as much, if not MORE, fun sitting in a closet at home banging on a pot with a wooden spoon. Sure they have a right to be there, but why bother taking them someplace as extravagant as Disney when they'll get nothing out of it?

We first took my son when he was 3-1/2. The next year at 4 and finally in February at 5. We are going again Thanksgiving and he just turned 6. He still remembers his first time and what he did. Also we have tons of pictures which he proudly shows everyone. Also, he knows the difference between Pluto and Goofy.:lol:

GenerationX

We like to go on family vacations. We like to get away from our house and our car ... to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new civilizations, to boldly go ... :D

There are few vacation spots that appeal to everyone in the family, where there are a wide variety of activities that can be done together and appreciated on multiple levels. That place is ... the closet ... :D

WDW is just about the perfect place for a family vacation. Now, if I could just get them to tell the difference between Chip and Dale ... :D

Natelox

HELLO! They don't serve alcohol on air planes anymore! talking

for the record...i flew first class from toronto to orlando (i DID not pay for it, they upgraded us, and they offered us free champaigne). Also, you can order wine on any flight i've ever been on, post Sept. 11.

WDWGuy

This is one of the most interesting topics I have seen on here in awhile...

Has anyone else noticed that "experts" arrive on the scene at the WDW attractions later in the day?? when all of t hose 8-15 year olds have been on a particular ride 4 or 5 times during the day and now they think they are experts and love reciting phrases and telling people about the experience they are going to have....Ugggghhh...

DanStat

Originally posted by Natelox

for the record...i flew first class from toronto to orlando (i DID not pay for it, they upgraded us, and they offered us free champaigne). Also, you can order wine on any flight i've ever been on, post Sept. 11.

But not a whole bottle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom