WDW Permits Part 4

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Indeed. I'd probably pay money just for a tour of WDW's IT Infrastructure - data centers, network closets, fiber banks, enormous cisco switches.

Sad, I know.....:)
Here is a picture of it. It is surprisingly compact.

Internet_lynksis_geant_south_park.png

:D

Figment1986

I wonder where their data center(s) is/are. They must have a huge private fiber network all over Orlando, considering that reservations are made downtown and they're accessed from the resorts instantly. I guarantee they're not using the "web" to transport any of their data.

Oh, it would just be so cool to tour their infrastructure....

They also have a reservation center in Tampa, so they must use "the web" for some of it...

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
They also have a reservation center in Tampa, so they must use "the web" for some of it...

Not necessarily. Our local rural hospital has a dedicated trunk line of fiber that runs from out here to downtown Indianapolis, where they push their live off-site backups 24/7. It's probably about a 20 mile run, and with powerful switches and/or repeaters, they could literally setup a LAN between Orlando and Tampa.

Prototype82

So Norway's getting a shop refurb? My goodness, it needs much more than that. *shakes fist at Norwegian government for dropping out of funding* :cry:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
So Norway's getting a shop refurb? My goodness, it needs much more than that. *shakes fist at Norwegian government for dropping out of funding* :cry:

That one was filed in January. Heck, it might actually be done by now.

I'm OK with the ride, because I don't really expect much more (heck, at least they have one), but their queue is the most embarrassing queue on property, in my opinion. It's like walking into an office building, with plain drywall walls and drop ceilings.

Prototype82

That one was filed in January. Heck, it might actually be done by now.

I'm OK with the ride, because I don't really expect much more (heck, at least they have one), but their queue is the most embarrassing queue on property, in my opinion. It's like walking into an office building, with plain drywall walls and drop ceilings.
Wasn't sure how far in advance they filed 'em. I'm fine with the ride as well, but I'd like to see some the mechanisms in that polar bear cleaned up a bit. Maybe some updates on special effects and sound. It's perfect otherwise. I'd do anything to have a new film in there. I'm aware that I'm one of the few people who take the time to sit down and watch it. It's a world's fair. It should showcase the Norway of today, not the 80s. I'm with you on the queue. It's sad. I am however, glad they have that huge nationalistic mural on the wall.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
04/26/11 Update

Permits brought to you this week courtesy of SeaCastle.

A permit was posted today that essentially confirms the Grand Floridian project. They're building a new trailer complex at STOLPORT for project "2011-1", which is the project ID for the plans discussed on here a while back.

jt04

Permits brought to you this week courtesy of SeaCastle.

A permit was posted today that essentially confirms the Grand Floridian project. They're building a new trailer complex at STOLPORT for project "2011-1", which is the project ID for the plans discussed on here a while back.

So, I'd say this is more great news. Do you know the status of the Four Seasons? I get the feeling these may be replacements and that project may have stalled.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
So, I'd say this is more great news. Do you know the status of the Four Seasons? I get the feeling these may be replacements and that project may have stalled.

I haven't seen or heard a peep about the Four Seasons project in a long time.

jt04

I haven't seen or heard a peep about the Four Seasons project in a long time.

That is OK with me if it means they got the land back.

There must be some real drama going on behind the scenes with all these false starts.

Thanks for the info!

NoChesterHester

Brought to you today by SeaCastle...

Official BVCC work taking place at the Tiki Room.

Mystery work in Tomorrowland.

BVCC work at three of the Art of Animation buildings.

And a little work at their own facility: Buena Vista Construction Company - Construction - located at 3291 Wedway :shrug:

Could the mystery work be related to all the Next Gen interactive stuff going on? Are they getting some stuff in place in tomorrowland? Another thread is talking about the play testing for an experience we will have at the Little Mermaid attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom