WDW Permits Part 4

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Today's permits brought to you by SeaCastle...

...including one called Phase Three - Tents.

So, are they actually going to replace them, or is this a permit for a fix-up, paint-up?

Scott Keating's latest photos make it appear as if they've been extremely careful to protect the tents during demolition. It would make no sense to have not demolished them already unless they're planning on salvaging them. :(
Sadly the construction company's profile does not lend any clues. Given that the tents were still up and apparently were being avoided during demo my vote it for patching and painting.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know kinda thinking same frame new cover?
I would have thought if that was the case the coverings would have gone with the demo. However, given the nature of the structures the company doing a recovering might also be doing the take down.

NoChesterHester

I would have thought if that was the case the coverings would have gone with the demo. However, given the nature of the structures the company doing a recovering might also be doing the take down.

Makes sense actually. Construction waste diversion (recycling) has become fairly standard practice. I bet the company that installs the fabric also disposes of the old ones.

Also, demolition contractors are great at destruction, but not great at delicate work. Removing the attachments for tent fabric and leaving the structure intact may not be their cup of tea...

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster

Makes sense actually. Construction waste diversion (recycling) has become fairly standard practice. I bet the company that installs the fabric also disposes of the old ones.

Also, demolition contractors are great at destruction, but not great at delicate work. Removing the attachments for tent fabric and leaving the structure intact may not be their cup of tea...

Yup and yup. Good points. They'll probably just re-skin them. I hope they add a liner panel to the inside this time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They also may not want to expose the structure and interior of the tents to the weather for a long period of time, and you certainly don't want to put up new coverings until you are a lot further along in the construction so you reduce the chance of them getting damaged.

Dan

PhilharMagician

Yes, I see the main structure staying and just the canvas or whatever membrane like material used to cover it to be replaced. I would also expect it would get an HVAC upgrade or replacement.

Like you said edwardtc the pics from Scott show that they were ectremely carefull not to damage the tents. They pretty much cleared everthing else.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
03/31/11 Update

The curtain is falling on March with some electrical work at a couple of the gateway arches, boiler room work at the Yacht Club, and mechanical work around the Studios.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I'd love to get that contract. Just the access to parts of the park that wouldn't be accessible otherwise would be a dream.

Me too - but I'd much prefer it at the MK. In Epcot, you'd basically be pulling cable through manholes and duct banks, since they don't have tunnels.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Me too - but I'd much prefer it at the MK. In Epcot, you'd basically be pulling cable through manholes and duct banks, since they don't have tunnels.

Yeah...true...but still access to every nook and cranny where communications cabling would need to go! :eek: :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Yeah...true...but still access to every nook and cranny where communications cabling would need to go! :eek: :sohappy:

Indeed. I'd probably pay money just for a tour of WDW's IT Infrastructure - data centers, network closets, fiber banks, enormous cisco switches.

Sad, I know.....:)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Indeed. I'd probably pay money just for a tour of WDW's IT Infrastructure - data centers, network closets, fiber banks, enormous cisco switches.

Sad, I know.....:)

Ohhh...ahhhhh I wonder how many other people would be interested in something like that? Perhaps a new tour could be created just for us. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Ohhh...ahhhhh I wonder how many other people would be interested in something like that? Perhaps a new tour could be created just for us. :lol:

I can only imagine the screening they'd have to put you through first. Perhaps even to the point of "TSA Personal Violation" type screening. Just think, pull one fiber out of its port and BAM - down goes half the park :lol:

I wonder where their data center(s) is/are. They must have a huge private fiber network all over Orlando, considering that reservations are made downtown and they're accessed from the resorts instantly. I guarantee they're not using the "web" to transport any of their data.

Oh, it would just be so cool to tour their infrastructure....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I can only imagine the screening they'd have to put you through first. Perhaps even to the point of "TSA Personal Violation" type screening. Just think, pull one fiber out of its port and BAM - down goes half the park :lol:

I wonder where their data center(s) is/are. They must have a huge private fiber network all over Orlando, considering that reservations are made downtown and they're accessed from the resorts instantly. I guarantee they're not using the "web" to transport any of their data.

Oh, it would just be so cool to tour their infrastructure....

I'd just slip them both of your screen names from here......:rolleyes:

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom