WDW Permits Part 3

SeaCastle

What are the works on Soundstage number 1? is that the empty soundstage near Toy Story Mania?

Yes, that is the empty soundstage and part of the area where the Monsters Inc coaster would go. It is currently used as a site for testing the NextGen project. Permits were filed to fix the roof and install a truss, presumably for a curtain.

FutureWorld1982

Yes, that is the empty soundstage and part of the area where the Monsters Inc coaster would go. It is currently used as a site for testing the NextGen project. Permits were filed to fix the roof and install a truss, presumably for a curtain.

Thanks!:wave:
i was hoping for some major works though...

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
What is the Indy construction about. Also have a question about the permit for the Space Mountain NGE work?

I have seen no reports on the boards about anything major actually happening at Indy or Space. These were both filed by LBCC, which means they're probably working on something out of the ordinary that a typical construction company couldn't build (like a new Dumbo clock, or other "magical" things).

A few posts up we discussed the "NGE" term on the Space permit, so scroll back a page or so and check out the hypothesis.

Indy can't be too exciting - probably just fixing something, or building something that has to do with safety.

Thanks!:wave:
i was hoping for some major works though...

We all are, and there are many posts floating around the boards where people are jumping to the conclusion that they're starting work on the MI2 project, but they're not. It's almost definitely some R&D work going on in there.

Next Big Thing

Mouseplanet just put up their weekly WDW Resort update. Here's what they had for permit filings:

• Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion – relocation of tank.
  • Magic Kingdom Tomorrowland Stage – completion of construction.
  • Magic Kingdom Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – concrete work.
  • Magic Kingdom Space Mountain heat exchanger – mechanical work.
  • Magic Kingdom – repairs on Bridge #15.
  • Magic Kingdom Main Street buildings MO-3 and MO-5 – completion of construction.
  • Epcot planter beds at Main Entrance, Fountain Plaza, World Showcase Plaza, International Gateway, MouseGear and Wonders berm – installation of decorative set pieces for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.
  • Epcot The Land pavilion Circle of Life – electrical work.
  • Epcot The Land pavilion – electrical work.
  • Epcot Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion manatee tank – electrical work.
  • Epcot Seas with Nemo and Friends manatee skylights – construction work.
  • Epcot Wonders of Life Dome – roof repairs.
  • Epcot Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – electrical work.
  • Epcot United Kingdom Rose & Crown Pub & Restaurant – electrical work.
  • Epcot backstage marina maintenance building – electrical work.
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios Rock 'n 'Roller Coaster unload platform – construction work.
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios Soundstage 1 – completion of construction.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Flame Tree Barbeque – mechanical work.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Tusker House – mechanical work.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Mandrill building chiller – mechanical work.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Gorilla building #20 chiller – mechanical work.
  • Downtown Disney MarketPlace Team Mickey – completion of construction.
  • Downtown Disney MarketPlace – Bridge 1 improvements.
  • Contemporary Resort South Garden Wing – mechanical work.
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge – electrical work.
  • Old Key West Resort room rehab laydown area – painting.
  • Port Orleans Riverside Resort Magnolia Bend building 95 (Parterre Place) arch – roof repairs.
  • Port Orleans French Quarter Resort buildings 1-6 – guestroom renovation.
  • Coronado Springs Resort Dig Site themed pool area – electrical work.
  • Caribbean Beach Resort Old Port Royale pool slide structure – plumbing work.
I'm personally interested in the two right next to each other being the RNRC and SS1 permits.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
07/27/10 Update

Sounds like Citricos and some GF guest rooms are getting new appliances.

Germany is having some repairs done to the facades.

Poly pool is having work done.

"Head to Toe" shop at DHS seeing some updates.

However, most curious is the electrical work being done along the MK Parade Route. Work is specifically being done on the second floor of two Main Street buildings (MO5 and MO7 on the east side of the street), the castle, Hall of Presidents and Pecos Bill.

I can only guess one of three things: flood lights, cameras or sound system. Maybe they've found a few things that need adjusting to properly accommodate a certain loaner parade that may stay longer than its original August 15 check-out date?

SeaCastle

Sounds like Citricos and some GF guest rooms are getting new appliances.

Germany is having some repairs done to the facades.

Poly pool is having work done.

"Head to Toe" shop at DHS seeing some updates.

However, most curious is the electrical work being done along the MK Parade Route. Work is specifically being done on the second floor of two Main Street buildings (MO5 and MO7 on the east side of the street), the castle, Hall of Presidents and Pecos Bill.

I can only guess one of three things: flood lights, cameras or sound system. Maybe they've found a few things that need adjusting to properly accommodate a certain loaner parade that may stay longer than its original August 15 check-out date?

Those are some interesting updates, particularly the Germany facade refurb and Magic Kingdom parade adjustments. Rumor has it we're getting a new parade for the 40th Anniversary, so perhaps the adjustments are for that. On top of that, SpectroMagic is supposed to be undergoing refurbishment as the MSEP is performing, so that may be a factor. I wonder why only MO5 and MO7 are getting adjusted, while MO6 and MO8 aren't yet.

I'd also be interested in hearing if other World Showcase pavilions will get refurbished/repaired exteriors like Germany will get.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Those are some interesting updates, particularly the Germany facade refurb and Magic Kingdom parade adjustments. Rumor has it we're getting a new parade for the 40th Anniversary, so perhaps the adjustments are for that. On top of that, SpectroMagic is supposed to be undergoing refurbishment as the MSEP is performing, so that may be a factor. I wonder why only MO5 and MO7 are getting adjusted, while MO6 and MO8 aren't yet.

I'd also be interested in hearing if other World Showcase pavilions will get refurbished/repaired exteriors like Germany will get.

I wonder if there was specific damage done to Germany, or if they're just next in line to see some care.

The parade one has my mind churning. At first I thought it was speakers, but then why only the east side of MSUSA and why the castle (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any parade speakers on it, since it's too far from the parade route).

I also thought of the pre-parade flood lights, but those aren't on the 2nd floor of the MSUSA buildings (the speakers are), and there also aren't any on the castle.

So then I thought of cameras. I have no idea where they all are, but I know for a fact there are some on the castle, specifically for the parade (I saw their monitors in the parade control room once on a tour). All of the buildings mentioned could possibly have parade cameras, and they'd really only need them on one side of the route since they just use them for visual confirmation of float locations and to watch for malfunctions.

Of course, it could be "all of the above".

Next Big Thing

This is just my thought, and I could be totally wrong, but I think the Germany facade one probably has to do with the Werthers Candy Shop currently being put in there.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Could this possibly be for the new candy store that is replacing the hummel shop?

Likely indeed, since the company that filed the permit, Mivan, specializes in theming and has a portfolio full of exterior facades at FL theme parks.

Why they called it "repairs", I don't know.

BTW, welcome to WDW Magic!

SeaCastle

The company (Mivian) was awarded over three dozen contracts from Disney, but only in the period from June 1999 to January 2002 (from what I can tell). It's interesting to see they're using the company again.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster

I think this hypothesis has been factualized. :lol:

At first I thought it was speakers, but then why only the east side of MSUSA and why the castle (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any parade speakers on it, since it's too far from the parade route).

There are speakers on the castle stage pipe/truss that are used during the parade. Dont know about the castle itself.

A lot of the pavilions have already been refurbished. For sure China, Italy, and China have all been done in the last few years.

SeaCastle

Two permits filed yesterday by Imagineering for a TTA signage package. The nomenclature on the permit listed it as "PeopleMover", so either it's getting a name change or no one bothered to update the name (more likely).

Paul Chadkin over on Twitter posted this:

139509146.jpg

I guess they still have surprises up their sleeve! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom