WDW Permits Part 3

nepalostparks

And lastly, and most oddly, is a permit that says, "Improve cell phone coverage at Bay Lake Tower." Huh? Does this mean they're adding a cell phone tower, or are they putting repeaters up inside the building? And....why?

I wonder if guests are having problems using their cell phones and complained about it. :shrug:

Figment1986

And lastly, and most oddly, is a permit that says, "Improve cell phone coverage at Bay Lake Tower." Huh? Does this mean they're adding a cell phone tower, or are they putting repeaters up inside the building? And....why?

I'm guessing based upon the buildings construction and location they didn't take into fact where the tower and signal through the concrete is... so they are having to include some repeaters for the GSM and other networks to keep the DVCers happy...:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A couple permits filed today...

Walk-in cooler work at Tony's.

Water heater replacement at Vista Way Apartments.

I would lean toward installing a repeater system. All of that steel and concrete will kill a cell signal which seem to be notoriously week in some parts of WDW anyway.

officeboy

A couple permits filed today...

Walk-in cooler work at Tony's.

Water heater replacement at Vista Way Apartments.

The link for the Cell coverage doc points to 9893. This seems to be the water heater replacement doc.

I know a little about RF and it seems odd that Contemporary cell service has been OK for a few years now, but BLT next door is not? I REALLy wonder which carrier is getting more access/help.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I'm guessing based upon the buildings construction and location they didn't take into fact where the tower and signal through the concrete is... so they are having to include some repeaters for the GSM and other networks to keep the DVCers happy...:lol:

Makes sense. Just odd that this specific building is getting "cell phone" attention, while no others have, that I know of.

I would lean toward installing a repeater system. All of that steel and concrete will kill a cell signal which seem to be notoriously week in some parts of WDW anyway.

Agreed.

The link for the Cell coverage doc points to 9893. This seems to be the water heater replacement doc.

I know a little about RF and it seems odd that Contemporary cell service has been OK for a few years now, but BLT next door is not? I REALLy wonder which carrier is getting more access/help.

Links fixed. Thanks.

Agreed. Why just BLT? We stayed there in October and had Sprint and Verizon services in our party - both worked great. I would assume that maybe they're boosting Nextel, since that's what CMs use.

I can only assume this is for the reTheming of the restaurant to an Under Siege theme.

:lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Wow, that came out of left field. Aren't they supposed to be redoing the TS again? Sounds like this is designed to be a substitute but also a permanent addition. I think it's probably overdue.

Yeah, no kidding. News indeed.

The restaurant owner is a company in Orlando, and the description of the work location is "construction area".

RSoxNo1

Interesting... This has been added to the Upcoming projects thread. I won't bother bumping it until we get a bit more info on it.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Interesting... This has been added to the Upcoming projects thread. I won't bother bumping it until we get a bit more info on it.

Ah yes, good call. I love that thread BTW. I wish a mod would sticky it up by Permits. It's a nice resource.

PhilharMagician

Wow, that came out of left field. Aren't they supposed to be redoing the TS again? Sounds like this is designed to be a substitute but also a permanent addition. I think it's probably overdue.
Wasn't there some rumor about this last spring? I remember some talk about a QS restuarant proposed Italy.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/15 - 12/18 Update

Went back and added some permits filed in Osceola County, including an awning at one of the All-Stars, and 3 facilities at DWWS - and one more on the 18th.

The 17th was a busy day at the Recorder's office. It appears that they're starting to file the permits for January's Splash refurb.

Also, a significant amount of "Electrical Work" in MK (Hub, HM, Frontierland) and Epcot (France, Land).

They have also filed the permit for the refurb on the front of the castle, which is slated to start right after the marathon (and my trip), according to other threads. They'll also be replacing the hand rails on the staircase from the Castle to the Tunnels.

A lot of these permits were filed by "Buena Vista Construction Co" (aka, Disney), so they're very vague and have no survey maps. There are a couple of permits that I'm unable to locate.

1) One permit in Epcot is just listed as 1404 Avenue of the Stars, which is merely the service road behind FW pavilions. It could be anything.

2) AF&E Building, in the Administration Area. This one has a map, but I haven't looked up the exact location. I wouldn't know exactly what building it was anyway.

Thoughts on these two?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom