WDW Permits Part 3

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/23/09 Update

Took the Recorder a day to get the PDF files uploaded, so today's update is all from yesterday. Nothing new today.

Pool work at AKL (we knew this was coming) and Coronado.

Christmas Store and Rainforest Cafe getting some exterior work.

New merchandise stand at China.

Some cosmetic work on the columns outside POR's main building.

New roof for a bus stop at Vista Way apartments.

New handrail for the Summit Plummet queue.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/28/09 Update

After a long Christmas Break, "Buena Vista Construction Company" (aka Disney), has filed for 9 permits.

It seems as if these are all minor repairs, which is typical of work done by BVCC. I presume that they deal mostly with minor work that correspond to code compliance upgrades - just a guess.

Anyway, some "maintenance work" at Blizzard Beach; some building and electrical work at the Contemp and Days of Christmas; electrical work at Japan; misc work at Ft Wilderness; electrical work at Space and Splash; and some work at WDI trailers, which all of the map sites locate near the MK Auto Plaza.

DisneyParksFan1

After a long Christmas Break, "Buena Vista Construction Company" (aka Disney), has filed for 9 permits.

It seems as if these are all minor repairs, which is typical of work done by BVCC. I presume that they deal mostly with minor work that correspond to code compliance upgrades - just a guess.

Anyway, some "maintenance work" at Blizzard Beach; some building and electrical work at the Contemp and Days of Christmas; electrical work at Japan; misc work at Ft Wilderness; electrical work at Space and Splash; and some work at WDI trailers, which all of the map sites locate near the MK Auto Plaza.

Thank you very much!:sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Those trailers probably point towards the FYL Expansion. As mentioned earlier.

Eh, probably not, unless the listed address is bogus on the permit. It maps to the south end of the MK parking lot. WDI is Imagineering, so I'm guessing it's something that exists already.

DisneyParksFan1

Eh, probably not, unless the listed address is bogus on the permit. It maps to the south end of the MK parking lot. WDI is Imagineering, so I'm guessing it's something that exists already.

Oh yeah.. I see. Hmm, what could it be. Oh well let's not get too into it because it could be anything.

PhilharMagician

WDI has permanent trailers that are currently located behind TT over at Epcot. Unless they are bringing in a few trailers to be located in a staging area for the MK FL project. I did not look at the address.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
WDI has permanent trailers that are currently located behind TT over at Epcot. Unless they are bringing in a few trailers to be located in a staging area for the MK FL project. I did not look at the address.

3800 North World Drive. All map sites place it near the MK Car Care Center. But sometimes addresses can be very vague or relative, since anything inside Future World (including Innoventions) has a street address of "Avenue of the Stars".

Rob562

3800 North World Drive. All map sites place it near the MK Car Care Center. But sometimes addresses can be very vague or relative, since anything inside Future World (including Innoventions) has a street address of "Avenue of the Stars".

Contemporary is 4600 North World Drive, so the CCC/Auto Plaza sounds about accurate.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
What about the old airstrip? It was used for PoTC staging and it is on World Drive?

Excellent call! I bet that's it. The south end of the airstrip roughly lines up with the car care center....and on Google Maps, they actually call it World Drive as well.

Lots of trailers there. Mostly semi trailers, but perhaps some office trailers too.

PhilharMagician

Ok I looked up the address. The CCC is on Floridian Way or Car Care Drive which is the road the runs behind CCC. 3800 World Drive is just past the MK toll plaza and appears to be about 1000 ft past the booths on the rightside.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Ok I looked up the address. The CCC is on Floridian Way or Car Care Drive which is the road the runs behind CCC. 3800 World Drive is just past the MK toll plaza and appears to be about 1000 ft past the booths on the rightside.

Which "map" did you use? I got slightly varying hits using mapquest, bing and google.

PhilharMagician

Which "map" did you use? I got slightly varying hits using mapquest, bing and google.
Mapquest does not show 3800 World Drive, only N World Drive. Google Earth Centers next to the CCC which is confusing. World drive goes through the toll booths and is continued to the left to the ramp that returns you back down World drive and away from the TTC. N World drive starts basically where World drive loops back south.

toolsnspools

Try these searches -

From bing maps: 3800 North World Drive, Bay Lake, FL
From google maps: 3800 World Dr, Bay Lake, Orange, Florida 32836

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Mapquest does not show 3800 World Drive, only N World Drive.

Right, but the star is roughly in the same area as Bing and Google. Fairly arbitrary.

Try these searches -

From bing maps: 3800 North World Drive, Bay Lake, FL
From google maps: 3800 World Dr, Bay Lake, Orange, Florida 32836

Those are the exact searches I used. Google puts you smack dab in the middle of the CCC and Bing puts you on the MK parking lot entry drive.

Oh well, the air strip is the best guess so far.

Rob562

Does anyone have the filings for the Bay Lake Tower construction? (Or want to go through the trouble of finding them again) They had a construction trailer complex at the north end of the STOLport.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Does anyone have the filings for the Bay Lake Tower construction? (Or want to go through the trouble of finding them again) They had a construction trailer complex at the north end of the STOLport.

-Rob

Any idea, at all, when it started? They would have filed probably a month or more before.....or even earlier just to build the "trailer city".

Rob562

Any idea, at all, when it started? They would have filed probably a month or more before.....or even earlier just to build the "trailer city".

I think demo of the North Wing started in mid-to-late 2005, because I remember vertical construction on BLT was well underway by my next visit in Dec 07.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom