WDW Permits Part 3

DisneyParksFan1

I would and I wouldn't. It would be great to have it open sooner, but the faster they go, normally means less quality. I would rather see them take longer and go to full standards.

Yes, of course... Heck if they promised us some more stuff like more dark rides and more than what we have now, I wouldn't care if they waited till 2013 or 14.

toolsnspools

I forget which parts of the expansion come first, but D/B could be Dining and Beverage Facility. Could it be for Gaston's Tavern? :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

^May be that too.

Well, they just said that the Princess area, the Pooh area, and the Dumbo area shall be opening in 2012 as part of Phase 1, while Pixie Hollow will open in 2013 as part of Phase 2. But they did not give a specific order. I'm pretty sure we'll start seeing relocation of the "Dumbo the Flying Elephant" area soon, as well as construction of the castle walls.

DisneyParksFan1

Hey whenever I click on the link to the permit. It tells me I need to be signed in. Must I register to view this?

EDIT: Oh, I got it, I have to click on "I Acknowledge". Sorry..

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I forget which parts of the expansion come first, but D/B could be Dining and Beverage Facility. Could it be for Gaston's Tavern? :shrug:

Hmmm, another good acronym guess. However, the kitchen and support areas for the restaurants will be in the extreme back left corner of the new FL - very close to the tunnel entrance.

Check out this blueprint: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...12Sep2009-New-Fantasyland-blueprint-plans.htm

The closest part of New FL to the address of this D/B facility is the mermaid ride. I still have a feeling it will be the construction office - probably a "trailer city" sort of thing. If is doing the work, they're probably building it for themselves and will probably be doing a lot of the FL project, I imagine.

DisneyParksFan1

Ahh, okay. Do you know what they are known for constructing on the WDW property?

Wow, I really hope this is the FYL Expansion.

EDIT: Why does it say the "rec cost" is $10.00. Also, Jack Blitch the Vice President of Walt Disney Imagineering signed the paper which in turn makes me think that this really means business, that the FYL expansion will be beginning soon.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Ahh, okay. Do you know what they are known for constructing on the WDW property?

EDIT: Why does it say the "rec cost" is $10.00. Also, Jack Blitch the Vice President of Walt Disney Imagineering signed the paper which in turn makes me think that this really means business, that the FYL expansion will be beginning soon.

http://www.hoarllc.com/

They're big. While they don't mention any specific project they've done for WDW, they do discuss their relationship with Disney in their ABOUT US --> OFFICE LOCATIONS --> FLORIDA OFFICE section.

REC FEE is Recording Fee. That's how much the County Recorder charges to process this type of document.

jt04

Agreed. For the VP to sign it's a big deal. I bet they had a small signing ceremony and party.

And I wouldn't be suprised if we see some signs of construction for Christmas. :xmas:

Hmmm, now who on these boards hinted at such a thing many months ago? And got flamed to a fine crisp for doing so I might add.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Agreed. For the VP to sign it's a big deal. I bet they had a small signing ceremony and party.

And I wouldn't be suprised if we see some signs of construction for Christmas. :xmas:

Hmmm, now who on these boards hinted at such a thing many months ago? And got flamed to a fine crisp for doing so I might add.

You've got me. I can't imagine that even happening around here. :lookaroun

jt04

You've got me. I can't imagine that even happening around here. :lookaroun

Thanks and great find on the permit. The VP signature is a great indicator that the folks at WDW are very enthusiastic about this project.

As am I. As good as TWWoHP is starting to look, I really think the new FL could top it.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Thanks and great find on the permit. The VP signature is a great indicator that the folks at WDW are very enthusiastic about this project.

As am I. As good as TWWoHP is starting to look, I really think the new FL could top it.

I agree. I am beyond excited for the New FL - especially Mermaid

Rob562

Posted this in another thread in the Fantasyland forum, but my take on the "D/B Facility" is Design & Build Facility.
It's most likely the installation of the construction trailers for the FL project. That typically comes first before any actual major construction on a project like this.

EDIT: Whoops... Must've accidentally skipped a page while reading this discussion, because now that I look back, about three other people already said exactly this... Oopsie... :eek:

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Posted this in another thread in the Fantasyland forum, but my take on the "D/B Facility" is Design & Build Facility.
It's most likely the installation of the construction trailers for the FL project. That typically comes first before any actual major construction on a project like this.

EDIT: Whoops... Must've accidentally skipped a page while reading this discussion, because now that I look back, about three other people already said exactly this... Oopsie... :eek:

-Rob

And while I still agree with the theory that it will be the Construction Office, and that D/B could easily stand for Design-Build....I just can't imagine why it would be called that. Disney doesn't do Design-Build projects - they design their own stuff then bid it out.

But, maybe filed the permit themselves, and that's just what they called it because that's what they're used to doing: Design-Build work. Who knows. We're probably reading WAYYYY too into this :lol:

Little Googleling turns up the following Disney projects that has been involved with:

- Rock and Roll Roller Coaster
- Mission Space
- Disney MGM Studios - Animation Building

Nice job. While I doubt any one contractor will end up with the whole project, I bet will be doing either Beast Land or Mermaid - since they're in Phase 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom