WDW Permits Part 3

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
...and some work at WDI trailers, which all of the map sites locate near the MK Auto Plaza.

It's confirmed. I'm here in the world and while riding monorail from TTC to Epcot, I saw the trailer complex at the north end of the runway. They were applying a new roof coating, which was one of the the tasks listed on the permit.

DisneyParksFan1

It's confirmed. I'm here in the world and while riding monorail from TTC to Epcot, I saw the trailer complex at the north end of the runway. They were applying a new roof coating, which was one of the the tasks listed on the permit.

Interesting... Are they closer to EPCOT than MK or vice-versa? Wonder what they are going to be utilized for..

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Interesting... Are they closer to EPCOT than MK or vice-versa? Wonder what they are going to be utilized for..

They've been there for quite some time - they're just doing some work to them to clean them up a bit. I'm guessing WDI will use them to oversee the FL project.

They're located at the north end of the old runway, which runs along the east side of World Drive as it approaches the MK parking lot. Right now the old runway is full of the empty semi trailers that they use to haul Christmas decorations.

PhilharMagician

Yeah, South past the end of the runway by Vista Blvd is just a bunch of storage trailers. The last time they used the STOLport for staging they set up the North end by the small parking area.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/05/10 Update

Happy New Year.

I started 2010 with Post #3. The first permits were filed today - all in Orange County.

A little work here and there around property, including dock work at DtD; fence work at Vista Way; and pool work at Mickey's Retreat and Pop Century.

5 permits at MK though. Plumbing and restroom refurbs at MILF Cast Restrooms and Crystal Palace Cast Break Room in the tunnel - and a little re-roofing at Splash.

But most surprising to me are the two permits files for Liberty Tree Tavern: new roof and completely refurb'd facade. I hadn't heard of this, but maybe it was discussed on here already.

DisneyDad53

Simple things are exciting

New to the site. First time poster. I love the idea of searching through their work permits to see exactly what is getting done and when. Whoever thought of this is quite clever. Cheers. Even if its when handrails are being replaced or like the new restroom refurbishment in Adventureland its all so cool to see documentation to know about it.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
New to the site. First time poster. I love the idea of searching through their work permits to see exactly what is getting done and when. Whoever thought of this is quite clever. Cheers. Even if its when handrails are being replaced or like the new restroom refurbishment in Adventureland its all so cool to see documentation to know about it.

Welcome to the site. :wave:

Wish I could take credit for this idea, but I took over the role just a few months ago from someone who has more on his plate to deal with right now.

I try to check them and update this thread daily, so feel free to check back often. In fact, I'm getting ready to update with today's permits.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/07/10 Update

Today...

Some roof work at AK Safari, Cirque, and a golf course maint bldg.

HVAC work at China and an Admin Area building.

Dock work at Caribbean Beach.

And what sounds like a major undertaking....power washing and painting all of the steel railings and conduit on the outdoor portion of Test Track's track. It will have to be electrostatic painting, so I presume they'll do it at night.

WDW Monorail

And it's much easier to have a thread or two dedicated to permits. I used to post interesting ones occasionally and so did Rob, Rob and a few others as we stumbled across them. They just ended up being swallowed by the rest of the site and any information was usually lost. I like the single thread for permits a lot better.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/11/10 Update

First permits filed since the 7th.

One is for signage at the Palm & Magnolia Golf Courses.

The other is for "Austrian System Modification Package" at the Hall of Presidents. I did some research. This is for work on the main curtain drapery. Here is a link to the Austrian page on InterAmerica Stage's website - they're doing the work.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I'm surprised they haven't filed anything for resurfacing the track. They have to do that every couple of years, and it takes a week or so. Not sure when they did it last.

-Rob

Must just be a paint job for now. I don't think a week is long enough to resurface that track, do you? Besides, it looked pretty good last week.

The only place our car lost traction was when we failed to use our Anti-Lock Brakes :lookaroun

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/12/10 Update

I'm surprised they haven't filed anything for resurfacing the track. They have to do that every couple of years, and it takes a week or so. Not sure when they did it last.

-Rob

Rob, you never cease to amaze me....

...today, they filed a permit to Remove coating, prep and prime sub-strate, apply new coating at Test Track. So, I guess they are going to resurface the track in this short refurb. Seems like quite a feat between now and the 17th.

Other permits du jour include a chiller replacement at Blizzard Beach, dock work at the TTC ferry landing, and some electrical work at "2000 Avenue of the Stars" which 2 of the 3 map sites place at the Land Pavilion - but this means nothing since everything in Future World has an Ave of Stars address.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom