WDW Permits Part 3

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/04/09 Update

I hate it when "Buena Vista Construction Company" files for permits - because they're always vague - intentionally, since BVCC is actually Disney. Very clever address too: 3291 Wed Way, LBV, FL. If you reverse-lookup their phone number, that's the address you get. And Google places it right at the TTA.

Anyway, 4 new permits today. Lots of "electrical work" - Tomorrowland and MO7 in MK, and at Team Disney at DtD.

Then there's "BUILDING" at the Grand Floridian. I think that's about as vague as you get.

DisneyParksFan1

I hate it when "Buena Vista Construction Company" files for permits - because they're always vague - intentionally, since BVCC is actually Disney. Very clever address too: 3291 Wed Way, LBV, FL. If you reverse-lookup their phone number, that's the address you get. And Google places it right at the TTA.

Anyway, 4 new permits today. Lots of "electrical work" - Tomorrowland and MO7 in MK, and at Team Disney at DtD.

Then there's "BUILDING" at the Grand Floridian. I think that's about as vague as you get.

Hate the vagueness! Lol.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Woah that MO7 building carpentry and electrical work expires in December of 2012! Does this also have to do with the North Service Area?

No. MO7 is the northeast Main Street building - the quadrant with The Plaza Restaurant, Ice Cream Parlor and Bakery. I don't know of any upcoming major refurbs for any of those places, so I can't predict why the permit would extend so long.

DisneyParksFan1

I see. Hmm, heaven knows why...

Again, thank you very much for providing us with such information!

EDIT: The Tomorrowland one is also ongoing until 2012! Woah... Wonder what's going on that it's taking sooo long.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I see. Hmm, heaven knows why...

Again, thank you very much for providing us with such information!

EDIT: The Tomorrowland one is also ongoing until 2012! Woah... Wonder what's going on that it's taking sooo long.

It COULD be that they're sick of having their permits run out, in case they don't get started quick enough or have delays - so perhaps they're just making them extra long to avoid expirations later.

I'm not sure how the MK power grid works, but perhaps there are transformers or mini electrical substations in TL that they'll need to upgrade or modify to accommodate the new FL. I doubt this, but it's a thought.

WDW Monorail

Just because a permit extends from date A to date B doesn't necessarily mean that work will be on going in between those two dates.
Kind of like if you get a permit to do work on your house. You expect to finish the work say within 1 year of the time of starting. You can finish within six months or start six months after it is issued.

DisneyParksFan1

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We might just be looking to deep into that last one but I still think the D/B one has to do with FYL because the Vice President of Walt Disney Imagineering signed it. That's pretty big.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/08/09 Update

Busy day in the permit office....

At the MK they're refurbing the Adventureland restrooms near Diamond Horseshoe, and they're "relocating a shed" back by the bridge northwest of BTMR on Floridian Way.

Muppets is starting to see some attention at DHS. They're installing handrails and rearranging the glasses bins at the exit - I imagine it will be more like the exit to American Adventure, where there are aisleways created by handrails down the ramp - which will not only provide more safety, but force guests to be closer to bins.

Pool work at Boardwalk. Exterior rehab at World of Disney. Some work in the GF Convention Center. HVAC work at the apartments.

Then there are a couple that took me a while to find on the survey imagery. One is the "telephone building" at Port Orleans, which is getting new shingles. It's cleverly hidden in a grove of trees between the two resorts.

The last one is the "FAM Building" in the Admin/Service Area (where textiles and the food warehouses are). I'm guessing this means "Family Building" perhaps? I say this because it's by the ball diamond, child care center and YMCA.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster

jt04

Ha! Now I feel pressure to be a more diligent reporter!

But they DID mention specifically that was contracted to do Site Development, which we haven't discussed yet. Sounds like they, as usual, have a deeper inside track. :(

-Tom

My bet is they read it on here and made some calls to Disney or the construction company. In any case, you should get credit for the "scoop". Around here at least. Master Yoda taught you well.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
My bet is they read it on here and made some calls to Disney or the construction company. In any case, you should get credit for the "scoop". Around here at least. Master Yoda taught you well.

Mmm, yes, Yoda taught me well, he did.

I swear to uphold the duties of the permit thread.....and, etcetera.

RSoxNo1

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/10/09 Update

A couple permits filed today...

Walk-in cooler work at Tony's.

Water heater replacement at Vista Way Apartments.

And lastly, and most oddly, is a permit that says, "Improve cell phone coverage at Bay Lake Tower." Huh? Does this mean they're adding a cell phone tower, or are they putting repeaters up inside the building? And....why?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom