TL

New kiddie slide

DHS

Replace chandlers in Sunset shops
Replace hot water tank at Sci-Fi
Replace piping at Catastrophe canyon

01/08/2009

Ft Wilderness

Set up 18 modular trailers (assuming new cabins for expansion)

North Service Area

New chiller and generator

Epcot

Refurb west restroom next to SSE
New AEDs at multiple attractions

Village lake

Replace sheet piles

MK

Replace carpet in Philarmagic

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's still officialy called Communicore Fountain?
I do not think so but names can differ on construction documents. Typically once something is first named in the initial permit, site plan etc it will carry that name forever or at least until it is demolished and replaced.

Matpez

All during the Rededication Ceremony on October 1st, 2007 it was called "The Communicore Fountain" right off their scripts.

jedimaster1227

All during the Rededication Ceremony on October 1st, 2007 it was called "The Communicore Fountain" right off their scripts.

I thought they referred to it as the Fountain Stage or the Fountain of Nations Stage.

I sortof like the Communicore Fountain, but the reference would likely be lost on those who don't have a clue what Communicore was...

TheDisneyMagic

From memory, I'm pretty sure Marty Sklar referred to it as Communicore Fountain during Celebration 25.

I'm pretty sure Masta Yoda is correct, pavillions and other constructed objects keep their name on official documentation such as this.

Another example could be The Seas with Nemo and Friends, or Imagination! to the public, the pavilion names are The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Imagination! pavillions, but on official paper I believe they will still be refered to as The Living Seas and Journey in Imagination.

Same goes for the Fountain of Nations, that would be the public name, but name on official documentation would still be Communicore Fountain.

Tom

Beta Return
Naming and Renaming

To touch on the naming conventions for a moment....

I'm a Construction Manager by trade, and we keep archived As-Built drawings on file for many of our routine clients (since they'd lose them if we didn't). As such, record drawings remain untouched for their entire lives.

Likewise, it would be almost impossible for WDI to update all of their record drawings every time they re-named something on one of their properties. While their "current" set of AutoCAD files for everything probably has updated names and nomenclature, their paper archives do not - and these little Permit Submittal Sketches appear to be cropped from paper drawings.

Back on topic....we were just there from Jan 2-10 and it struck me that they must do MOST of their construction and upgrades and refurbs during this time. I've always been in summer months (May - Aug), and never have I seen so much evidence of construction and maintenance.

It was to the point of being un-magical. I was shocked. Everywhere I looked - whether it be from a bus, monorail, boat or in a park - I saw something that drew my eyes and mind away from the magical, mythical place I was supposed to be in.

But, on the other side of the argument, it also tells me that WDW is still investing money in upgrades and maintenance - contrary to what many naysayers like to preach. :)

Duckberg

GOOD sign 2009

To touch on the naming conventions for a moment....

I'm a Construction Manager by trade, and we keep archived As-Built drawings on file for many of our routine clients (since they'd lose them if we didn't). As such, record drawings remain untouched for their entire lives.

Likewise, it would be almost impossible for WDI to update all of their record drawings every time they re-named something on one of their properties. While their "current" set of AutoCAD files for everything probably has updated names and nomenclature, their paper archives do not - and these little Permit Submittal Sketches appear to be cropped from paper drawings.

Back on topic....we were just there from Jan 2-10 and it struck me that they must do MOST of their construction and upgrades and refurbs during this time. I've always been in summer months (May - Aug), and never have I seen so much evidence of construction and maintenance.

It was to the point of being un-magical. I was shocked. Everywhere I looked - whether it be from a bus, monorail, boat or in a park - I saw something that drew my eyes and mind away from the magical, mythical place I was supposed to be in.

But, on the other side of the argument, it also tells me that WDW is still investing money in upgrades and maintenance - contrary to what many naysayers like to preach. :)

Its when they STOP doing the basics
that I would be concerned!

Duckberg :cool:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry about no updates for quite a while but the real world has taken prescience at the moment. Right now we are down to less than a skeleton crew at my office which means an insane work load for those of us remaining. I have also been rebuilding my mothers house after a tree went through it back in August (see my blog). And last but not least I started working with Kingdom Konsultants on January 1st of this year. Needless to say I have had precious little extra time at the moment. When my mom's house is finished, hopefully within the next two weeks, things will be back to normal and the updates will resume on a daily basis.

PhilharMagician

Sorry about no updates for quite a while but the real world has taken prescience at the moment. Right now we are down to less than a skeleton crew at my office which means an insane work load for those of us remaining. I have also been rebuilding my mothers house after a tree went through it back in August (see my blog). And last but not least I started working with Kingdom Konsultants on January 1st of this year. Needless to say I have had precious little extra time at the moment. When my mom's house is finished, hopefully within the next two weeks, things will be back to normal and the updates will resume on a daily basis.

That's all? Stop slacking! I thought we were top priority not your job and family? :eek: :lol:

I hope nobody got hurt when the tree fell!

If at anytime you get to busy send me a PM and I will help post them. If I have time of course.

Of course always a very gracious thank you for keeping the permits thread going. This is one of the best info threads on here.

jt04

That's all? Stop slacking! I thought we were top priority not your job and family? :eek: :lol:

I hope nobody got hurt when the tree fell!

If at anytime you get to busy send me a PM and I will help post them. If I have time of course.

Of course always a very gracious thank you for keeping the permits thread going. This is one of the best info threads on here.

What he said. Thanks M.Y.!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
yoda i hope i didnt make you mad your updates are the best and i check this site every day to see if you made one.:)
Not at all. I have been wanting to get back in the rhythm of doing them on a daily basis it is just that right now my head is too bound up with other things. They are pretty easy to do if they are kept up with daily but once I get a few days behind a 15 minute a day job turns into an hour or more.

Duckberg

Look forward to your updates, they provide a "current" construction view @ WDW :sohappy: Duckberg :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom