WDW Permits 2013

Tom

Beta Return
They build a lot of those sorts of things at Port Orleans, don't they?

Not that I know of. This project isn't actually at Port Orleans. There's an administrative/support area that's just east/northeast of Riverside, and it's full of trailers and old shanties...with one large building. Then there's this odd half-office/half-house building that this permit is for.

Bairstow

I thought Port Orleans was the primary location for Disney testing out resort decor/room arrangement concepts and contains their test kitchens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not that I know of. This project isn't actually at Port Orleans. There's an administrative/support area that's just east/northeast of Riverside, and it's full of trailers and old shanties...with one large building. Then there's this odd half-office/half-house building that this permit is for.

I checked Google Earth and that building was built sometime between January 1999 and April 2002. It looks like it might be under construction in the 2002 picture but I can't tell for sure.

PeterAlt

Yeah, this one popped up yesterday just haven't had a chance to post it yet:

Germany Pavillion - General Construction

Work area shows the entire Germany building but doesn't cover any un-developed areas. The expiration date is 6/30/2014 which would indicate it's something pretty major. Contractor is HGR Construction who I haven't seen as a Disney contractor before.
Don't forget Germany has an empty show building that was originally going to house the Rhine River ride. It could be something for the interior of that building. I won't get my hopes up for an attraction, but maybe a
gift shop or a restaurant or a backstage area.

PhilharMagician

Catching up on my permit reading:rolleyes:. Well I noticed on 9/27 a permit for TTC Utilidor. Huh, there are utilidors under TTC which by looking at the print they are outlining the area where the line of ticket booths are to the buildings on either side or am I reading this wrong? It would kinda make sense to tie all of that together underground I guess, but I never heard of it.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Catching up on my permit reading:rolleyes:. Well I noticed on 9/27 a permit for TTC Utilidor. Huh, there are utilidors under TTC which by looking at the print they are outlining the area where the line of ticket booths are to the buildings on either side or am I reading this wrong? It would kinda make sense to tie all of that together underground I guess, but I never heard of it.

Yes, the permit does say TTC Utilitdor. The work area is the entrance area to the TTC between the two buildings on either side, so there may actually be a utility tunnel of some sort under there.

jrlang1

Yes, the permit does say TTC Utilitdor. The work area is the entrance area to the TTC between the two buildings on either side, so there may actually be a utility tunnel of some sort under there.
I bet it isn't much more then a crawl space to easily upgrade tech to each ticket booth.

Alektronic

There is an actual Utilidor down there. There is equipment rooms, offices, and a Cash Control office/control room.

vonpluto

So...."Rooms of the Floridian"? o_O

Let me take a more serious stab at deciphering "ROTF".
"RO" = Resort Operations, Restaurant Operations
"TF" = Test Facility, Training Facility, Task Force

Most seem to assume this building is being converted to the "ROTF Mock up", but perhaps it already is that, and the existing facility is simply being renovated.

ABQ

There is an actual Utilidor down there. There is equipment rooms, offices, and a Cash Control office/control room.
Can only imagine just how much cash control was actually required when the park was built. Was probably a very busy place like a Vegas vault back in the day. These days, it's probably full of dust.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Let me take a more serious stab at deciphering "ROTF".
"RO" = Resort Operations, Restaurant Operations
"TF" = Test Facility, Training Facility, Task Force

Most seem to assume this building is being converted to the "ROTF Mock up", but perhaps it already is that, and the existing facility is simply being renovated.

Resort Operations Test Facility sounds pretty reasonable. I also agree that the name could be what it was already called.

PeterAlt

Question:

The monorail upgrades being discussed on another thread... Did Disney pull permits for them, or are they working without a permit? If they did pull a permit, I don't recall seeing it here...

On that thread, I confused another figment as you and asked that person the same question. I apologize for that. I guess not all figments are the same... Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom