WDW or Universal Studio's???

krankenstein

Blasphemer!:goodnevil

Nah, while Disney's classic dark rides are simply amazing, the use of technology and the uniqueness of Spiderman makes it standout as simply the best dark ride experience I have ever been on.

Of course I prefer Disney, hence why I have an AP to WDW and not UO.

LoriMistress

Personally, I would say WDW hands down. But considering that your family may be a bit tired of going to WDW, and it seems like this will be a short trip since you're saying that going to both isn't an options, I would say US/IOA. (Please don't throw rocks at me!) Since you're family been to WDW the past three times, it wouldn't hurt if all of you tried something different for a change. You never know...you on your next trip you may want to visit BOTH!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wait...so do you REALLLLLY thinnk that spiderman is a bettr dark ride than HM, POTC, SSE etc. :veryconfu

Yes, I think as what is considered a theme park attraction that can be enjoyed by practically all people, it is the best of the best.

It combines sooo many elements seamlessly into one ride where you're quite literally thrown in the middle of the mayhem and are a complete part of the story from beginning to end.

blueboxdoctor

They have lockers and there are other things to do at IoA and USF :shrug:

ok, well i didn't realize that when i was there, and i needed my phone with me cause the group split up into sections at times depending on who wanted to go on what. i'm just not a fan, it's cool that you are, but i'm not.

Ryan120420

I would pick Universal.

Try something new. Universal is an EXCELLENT resort, IOA is one of the best parks ever to be built and the Studios park is better than DHS.

You will not be dissapointed.

SirGoofy

Try out Universal. It's a terrific resort, and contrary to popular belief, if you look at it unbiasedly, it's just as good as Disney, there's just not as much.

:wave:

Frank Stallone

Universal is a great option for guests that are in town for long trips. Seems like Universal relies on guests that are in town for longer durations, and are looking for other options once they've finished up at Disney.

What would Universal/Sea World do without the British guests?

_Scar

I don't see Uni relying on guests staying for a long time. It's not like families stay 20-30 days and don't have anything planned and just stumble upon Universal. They usually plan it like any other park.

Matpez

Wait...so do you REALLLLLY thinnk that spiderman is a bettr dark ride than HM, POTC, SSE etc. :veryconfu

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS! :) For so many reasons I won't begin to list.

Those who question the quality or theming should visit our recently added Universal Picture of the Day thread at: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=510121

And, back to the OP, I think it is time for a nice, relaxed two day trip to Universal/IoA. Even if you don't enjoy it as much for whatever reason, you will have tried something different and most likely saved money.

:wave:

MKCP 1985

SpiderMan is a great ride. It really deserves respect, even among Disney magic fanatics. So it isn't for everybody - some people don't like 3D and others don't like being jolted and jostled in their ride vehicle. . . but the vast majority of people who ride SpiderMan rate it highly.

Disney bought Marvel. I can guarantee you that if somehow SpiderMan was brought over to the Disney Hollywood Studios park it would be a great hit there. (Not like that is going to happen - I'm not saying it will. It won't.)

Both--but more roller coasters than the other! Has no fear ( unlike her mother!) lol:eek:

Disney actually has more coaster than Universal right now unless Harry Potter has opened. Then it's still even.

Disney: Everest, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Rock N Roller Coaster
Universal : Hulk, Mummy (dueling dragons one, and unicorn one)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Disney actually has more coaster than Universal right now unless Harry Potter has opened. Then it's still even.

Disney: Everest, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Rock N Roller Coaster
Universal : Hulk, Mummy (dueling dragons one, and unicorn one)

Hate to split hairs but Duelling Dragons is two, its a different ride experience on Fire compared to Ice, plus you missed Rip Rockit.

EpcotServo

Universal:
Woody Woodpecker ("Hey, song! Yeah."-Frank Sinatra/SNL)
Rip Ride Roar Rear Roll Rockit
Revenges of the Mummies
IncrediHulk
Dueling Dragoons Fire
Dueling Dragoons Ice
Magical Unicorn Happy Funtime Rainbow Coaster

Disney
Sameasiteverwas Mountain
Big Thunder AwesomeTrain Mountain
Goofy's Wild Ridestormer
Rock N Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest: Legend of the really cool ride
Prime Evil Whirl

So they're both even really, what it comes down too is that Universal has more highet requirement based rides that pitch and drop and spin and shake the ever lovin guts off you. Let's look at those.

Universal
The Simpsons (Ride)
Jaws 3-D
SHREK
Jimmy Neutrino
Disaster! The Congress In-Action Simulator
Men In Black: Please Stop Spinning Attack
The Amazing Adventures of Mr.Limpet (Also Spiderman)
Dr Doom's Fall O' Fear
Bluto's Thing with the Rapids
Dudley's look at my unthemed showbuilding
Jurassic Pork
Throw-up-in-your-hat
The High in the Sky Height requirement Ride

Disney:
Stitch
Splash Mountain? Kinda?
Mission Space: Orangey Orange
Test Tracking
Honey, I Shrunk
Soarin' if your weaksauce
Tower O' Terror
Star Tours (Again, if you are total weaksauce)
Countdown to Dinosaur
Tough to be A Bug's Life
Kalima River Rapids.

As you can see, not many rides with height requirements, let alone wild rides. Pretty Mild even at worst. Compared to Universal, where EVERY ride shakes and spins you whilst throwing fire and screaming YOURSOULLLLSSSARREEEMINEEEEEEEE!

Ziffell

Considering this is WDWMagic, I think you can guess what the answer is going to be. :lol:

I agree. It's not a fair place to ask the question because there is obviously going to be a slant toward WDW considering the audience. It's like going to the Republican Headquarters and asking who you should vote for. If you truly want a real unbiased answer, then I would take this question to another site such as Yahoo Answers, or something like one of those.

That said, I will be among the few (if any) here who will recommend that you give Universal a try. If this were your first ever trip to Orlando, it would be different. But since you've been to WDW four times, then Universal will be a nice change. I was going to Orlando for years before I ever decided to give Universal a try. I am so glad I did. There are some things that they do better than Disney in my opinion.

Height requirements at most of the cooler rides at Uni keep us coming to Disney until the kids are a bit taller. Then we'll spend a few days at Uni on one trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom