WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

mickey2008.1

More Ohanas great food!!!!
GEDC1480.jpg

GEDC1481.jpg

Korfar

Ohana looks fabulous. On our list for the next trip. I have only had the breakfast but the dinner meat selection is mouth watering.

EvilQueen-T

ugh...i have 32 days before i'm back in the world. my extended family (3 households total) have been eating together/cooking together since the end of april in order to help all of us eat healthier on our busy schedules so i've been living vicariously through this thread counting the minutes until i can just eat what i want for a week. thanks for ALL the FABULOUS pics everyone!

Tybee

Smores - 50's Prime Time

111mq6q.jpg

I'm sorry, but I don't get this at all. It's marshmallows, a graham cracker, chocoate bar, and some squirts of Hershey's syrup for Pete's sake. I'm almost afraid to ask how much they charge for it. Give me 3 minutes and as many dollars and I can whip this up for you at home. And I'll actually inject it with some creativity. Ever had peanut butter on a s'more? How about bacon? I've even done them with curry powder. The version above is just sad.

I've gotta throw in a late reply on this one...it may just be the lighting, but that burger looks like it's a solid medium. I think you need to cut her some slack on this one. This is also inspiration for me to post meat pics after our trip :lol:...b/c I always get things rare to blue rare. :slurp:

It all depends on the quality and handling of the meat. Ordering burgers rare or mid-rare is almost always a crapshoot unless you know A) where the meat was sourced and B) if it was ground fresh in-house. I'd be surprised if many of the restaurants at Disney could provide me with that information, much less meet those requirements. The volumes they work with make it more or less impossible.

Steak, of course, is a different matter. Sourcing still matters (to me, anyway), but the health risks are considerably less. It's almost always okay (and preferable) to order it mid-rare because any bacteria are largely confined to the exterior of the meat and are killed with minimal cooking. But once you grind meat up, that bacteria is spread throughout, so not cooking it sufficiently means taking a much greater risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom