News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

wannabeBelle

I'm sorry your friend had the same experience. Ohana used to be my very favorite WDW restaurant. I also hope it turns around, because it is no longer a good value at that price point and not being able to enjoy some of the feature items.
I agree, it was always a great time. I do hope it turns around, it really was pretty great. The pricing was higher, but so was the quality. Those noodles were AMAZING!!! Id still prefer the pineapple back for dessert as opposed to the bread pudding or maybe pineapple upside down cake? Not a fan of the bread pudding though. Marie

Monorail_Orange

I agree, it was always a great time. I do hope it turns around, it really was pretty great. The pricing was higher, but so was the quality. Those noodles were AMAZING!!! Id still prefer the pineapple back for dessert as opposed to the bread pudding or maybe pineapple upside down cake? Not a fan of the bread pudding though. Marie
Ah yes, the pineapple dessert was excellent. I do very much enjoy the bread pudding, too though. I consider (obviously, only my own opinion) those two an even trade. The noodles were still there and very very good the last time I went. Honestly, everything was very good, except for the steak...but it really put a damper on the rest of the experience for me.

wannabeBelle

I know my friend had a problem with the steak as well, but there were several other things in addition to that. It happened more than once and they did complain about it, but they are done with this location for a while. Marie

MuteSuperstar

So that’s like $52,000?

Is that enough to by bread and circuses for the plebs in 2019?

Yeah god forbid the guy might have made enough in one night to pay his electric bill. The horror!

As for the food and bev increases, color me not shocked. $6 for a mickey bar (which I'm pretty darned sure have shrunk over the years anyway)...simply comical.

Last edited:

fngoofy

We honestly haven't been to the Yachtsman in a while, and I heard it's gone down in quality lately.. that's a shame.

Yes, $50 for Ohana is expensive, but I personally don't think it's absolutely outrageous given the quality of food & drinks, atmosphere and entertainment for the kids. Obviously that is completely open to interpretation based on taste, perceived value, price of living at home, etc, but I don't think the restaurant prices have reached the 'complete ripoff' level like they have with some of the Dessert Parties.

I look at dining at Disney, especially while staying on property without a car, like being at a ballpark. Yeah the $7 hot dog and $15 beer is probably 3-4x the price of what you would pay had you bought the food and beer and stayed home, but you're already there, could definitely use a beer, and you've pretty much factored it into the cost of the game before you left the house.
We just ate at Yachtsman last week after not having been there in 10 yrs.
It was not bad, but not as good as we remembered.
The steak I had later in the week at BoG was much better. The whole meal was fantastic at BoG.
The worst meal we had all week was the Rose and Crown. While usually a reliable place, the menu was very limited this time and I had to resort to a burger that I sent back it was soooo bad.
They said they had a new menu coming out in a couple of weeks, but that did me no good.

MuteSuperstar

I took a quick glance at the menu and WOW that looks impressive!!! I may have to get over there one day!!! Marie

It's wonderful and worth the trip. But again, I haven't been in like 10 years, back when I could still afford such frivolities. Shula's was utterly bland to me compared to the fire-grilled stuff at Charley's. But obviously it's not any cheaper than most of the on-property options. Hopefully they have not succumbed to the "lower quality as prices rise" mindset that pretty much everyone else has these days.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I hear you
I get what you are saying. I will pay up to $300/night for Poly since it is my husband's favorite resort. My trip in June 2020 is for two weeks and I paid about $250/night to stay at Copper Creek and BLT. I think that is a good deal. Mods are about the same price I am paying for rented DVC points and I don't have to pay for parking either. 😀

VaderTron

Not really. Granted these are NYC Prices and for a very high end steakhouse but take a look here: https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/
And then by Comparison look here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/le-cellier-steakhouse/menus/dinner/
I am comparing the Filet Mignon specifically at dinner for both. Not too much of a difference. Marie
Except the one in NYC blows Le Cellier out of the water in quality and taste. Le Cellier has become a victim of the quality cuts at Disney as well. Not what it once was, but still charges more.

VaderTron

@LSLS is saying that your "it's not the real world, it's Disney World" doesn't hold water because Disney is actively adopting policies of resorts that exist in the real world.

In direct response to you...not likely. Disney has been showing us more and more that guest experience doesn't matter one iota if they are able to increase the bottom line. Those stocks you like to brag about owning so much? Stockholders and the board of directors are EXACTLY why we're seeing exorbitant price hikes across the board. I would think those stocks you own would enable you to afford to actually buy food at the restaurants you choose to dine in. :rolleyes:
Funny that you mention Disney stock and Disney restaurants. A couple could choose to purchase one TS meal or one share of DIS stock for about the same price. The difference would be when the bottom falls out of the stock and it retreats 20% at least you still have 80% of your money. When the TS meal falls out of the bottom you will flush the remainder of your purchase away leaving you with 0% of your initial investment. Perhaps this whole "bring your own food to eat at a Disney restaurant so I can afford to buy DIS stock" thing has some merit after all...

Last edited:

zweltar

Not really. Granted these are NYC Prices and for a very high end steakhouse but take a look here: https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/
And then by Comparison look here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/le-cellier-steakhouse/menus/dinner/
I am comparing the Filet Mignon specifically at dinner for both. Not too much of a difference. Marie
Smith and Wollensky is a COMPLETELY different league than Le Cellier. The quality of food and service is tremendously different. So while prices might be similar, the overall experience is definitely not comparable.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Now we should compare the Le Cellier Filet Mignon to the Applebees Filet. Much closer comp for quality.

Jon81uk

I didn't know people were allowed to bring full meals into the parks, and that occupying a table inside a restaurant to eat it was ok. I've seen families with their "home" brought snacks sitting around on benches, etc. I don't have a problem with that, I totally get it. To say that Disney food isn't cheap, it's a complete understatement.

Having said that, I don't think I'd be very happy if, after paying for an overpriced burger inside a park, I couldn't get a table to eat it because of that.

You can bring a full meal in to the park, even a full Thanksgiving dinner https://touringplans.com/blog/2015/11/26/thanksgiving-magic-kingdom/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom