News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

John park hopper

Our last trip we brought snacks into the park and water --filled them as we needed. We drove so I had a yeti cooler filled with soda juice, water, fruit and other things which we ate in the resort.

wannabeBelle

I agree! An let's be serious, the prices Disney sets on these entree's is insane. You would never pay that much at an regular restaurant for any of this.
Not really. Granted these are NYC Prices and for a very high end steakhouse but take a look here: https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/
And then by Comparison look here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/le-cellier-steakhouse/menus/dinner/
I am comparing the Filet Mignon specifically at dinner for both. Not too much of a difference. Marie

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not really. Granted these are NYC Prices and for a very high end steakhouse but take a look here: https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/
And then by Comparison look here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/le-cellier-steakhouse/menus/dinner/
I am comparing the Filet Mignon specifically at dinner for both. Not too much of a difference. Marie
The difference is the prep and quality...and no princesses...

“Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?”

Rista1313

Well I don't live in NYC, I live in GR, Michigan, where are prices are half that price!

eta: It's all in perspective of where you live.

wannabeBelle

The difference is the prep and quality...and no princesses...

“Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?”
Just speaking to pricing, nothing else at this time.
Well I don't live in NYC, I live in GR, Michigan, where are prices are half that price!

eta: It's all in perspective of where you live.
Absolutely true. I do live in NYC so the prices aren't shocking to me but are certainly not your average Friday night out with the girlfriends either. Just pointing out that the pricing isn't out of the range. Quality and prep are a whole other conversation as well.
Marie

ImperfectPixie

1) More $$ to spend on merchandise, 2) Disney catching on? , they are not that innocent, and don't do a thing.
They don't. BUT...if enough people start bringing outside food into the restaurants, which is a flat-out no-no at anyplace other than a Disney park...they most certainly will start reacting. More than likely by banning outside food, which would be bad for everyone.

Lilofan

They don't. BUT...if enough people start bringing outside food into the restaurants, which is a flat-out no-no at anyplace other than a Disney park...they most certainly will start reacting. More than likely by banning outside food, which would be bad for everyone.
That's really a huge stretch of wishful thinking in Disney to start reacting. It's not the real world. It's Disney world.

ImperfectPixie

That's really a huge stretch of wishful thinking in Disney to start reacting. It's not the real world. It's Disney world.
No, it really isn't. One person doing it in a full restaurant might not be noticed. 10 people? You can bet Disney would notice, and they wouldn't like people bringing in outside food and displacing customers who bought food at that location. There's a reason outside food isn't allowed at restaurants in the real world - and Disney isn't the fool you're making them out to be. As we've seen the last few years, Disney is all about squeezing every last dime out of it's "guests", so for you to assume they wouldn't mind what you're doing is very foolish. They just haven't noticed yet.

Lilofan

No, it really isn't. One person doing it in a full restaurant might not be noticed. 10 people? You can bet Disney would notice, and they wouldn't like people bringing in outside food and displacing customers who bought food at that location. There's a reason outside food isn't allowed at restaurants in the real world - and Disney isn't the fool you're making them out to be. As we've seen the last few years, Disney is all about squeezing every last dime out of it's "guests", so for you to assume they wouldn't mind what you're doing is very foolish. They just haven't noticed yet.
Foolish to you. Money management to me. Been going to Disney 30 years. Been seeing it since first visit. I will be dropping several hundred $$ on merchandise later in the vacation. Disney has not noticed? Still wishful thinking on your part. Order some sodas, bring in own food, call it a day.

ImperfectPixie

Foolish to you. Money management to me. Been going to Disney 30 years. Been seeing it since first visit. I will be dropping several hundred $$ on merchandise later in the vacation. Disney has not noticed? Still wishful thinking on your part. Order some sodas, bring in own food, call it a day.
Keep telling yourself that. When they catch on and ban outside food, you can thank yourself.

ImperfectPixie

I will win the lottery before that happens.😎
@LSLS is saying that your "it's not the real world, it's Disney World" doesn't hold water because Disney is actively adopting policies of resorts that exist in the real world.

In direct response to you...not likely. Disney has been showing us more and more that guest experience doesn't matter one iota if they are able to increase the bottom line. Those stocks you like to brag about owning so much? Stockholders and the board of directors are EXACTLY why we're seeing exorbitant price hikes across the board. I would think those stocks you own would enable you to afford to actually buy food at the restaurants you choose to dine in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom