News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

Ricky Spanish

That doesn't make it right or mean that it's allowed.
The kinda busy is probably how they got away with it - the CMs were too busy elsewhere.
I hope I'm not sitting near you in a QS on property when I open one of my fruit and nut bars from home and wash it down with one of my Gatorades.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
When we were at the outdoor seating area by Fairfax Fare this past June, a family of about 8 occupied two tables right by us.
They ate their brown bag lunches and nobody bothered them.
And it was kinda busy.
That doesn't make it right or mean that it's allowed.
The kinda busy is probably how they got away with it - the CMs were too busy elsewhere.

Well this means that it can be done, but to me the question is, should it be done?

I don't know the exact park rules on that. Common sense and courtesy are things of the past, apparently.

ImperfectPixie

I personally don’t bring in my own food but let’s remember before we judge... there are many people who visit the parks who have very serious health conditions that require certain diets. It seem a bit cruel to tell them they have to eat outside on the curb after paying $100 to enter.
That's a very different situation than someone just trying to save money and then taking a spot that should be reserved for paying customers. I would also hope that those in that person's party who don't have dietary/health issues would order something from the restaurant.

The lack of outdoor seating isn't just a problem for those with heath issues, either. I've seen more than one complaint about trying to eat one of the sausage-looking things they sell in Galaxy's Edge without a surface and without dripping all over yourself.

TrainsOfDisney

That's a very different situation than someone just trying to save money and then taking a spot that should be reserved for paying customers.

Everyone in a Disney park is a paying customer. It’s not like going into a local coffee shop with food from other places (which the college kids at my local coffee shop do and that seriously annoys me). This is a bit different. I’ve seen it enforced during busy times, but even then it could be argued the only reason it needs to be enforced is because Disney in Florida has so little indoor space for eating. MK used to have Adventureland veranda, tomorrowland terrace, and the horseshoe providing additional indoor counter service seating... and that was when crowd levels were much lower.

I get what you are saying and I personally don’t bring anything in, but it really is quite understandable.

John park hopper

I wonder if there is some physiological basis Disney has discovered ----if you are sitting you are not buying there merchandize, thus they have removed a majority of the benches throughout all the parks

Piebald

I have an AP and live relatively close. We will go quite a bit and snack and occasionally go to Yachtsmans or Jiko for a nice dinner. We have a good income and we travel a lot and enjoy some luxuries many people probably cant.

All that being said, I dont know how families afford Disney. Week long stays at the resorts, eating exclusively at the parks (we have AP so we can eat or leave and eat on the way home or before we get to the park.) Its absolutely insane. I'll see families of 5-7 eating at a table service restaurant at Epcot who are staying at Grand Floridian and I just wonder if these folks make amazing money or are severely in debt. It boggles my mind. I can do a 2 week trip to Italy for way less than a few days at Disney.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Disney's price increases have never altered my overall spending habits. They've only altered the amount I spend with Disney. And that has allowed me the opportunity to explore alternatives. So there is my silver lining in Disney's nickel and dime policy.

Disney increases price but they don't increase quality. With every F&B increase it becomes more evident that there is no value anymore for most QS, TS, and snacks - and I just plan differently. Not to say I'll never dine there - because I will. I just dine there less. I find myself planning a bit more.

And in many cases, those plans take me off property.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
I wonder if there is some physiological basis Disney has discovered ----if you are sitting you are not buying there merchandize, thus they have removed a majority of the benches throughout all the parks

I'm waiting for more interactive messaging to come through on the MDE app.

If they realize someone is sitting on a bench in front of a gift shop - then they receive a "Get Up Off That Bench - And Get Into Memento Mori for a special 15% discount* just for you" message.

*On Select Merchandise Only

Last edited:

mdcpr

To all of you who are saying you saved so much money due to "free" dining please make sure to remember when you do the math to factor in the fact that you are paying rack rate for your hotel room in order to get that "free" dining plan. During much of the year Disney offers 15%-35% off of the rack rates but you have to pay the full rack rate in order to get the "free" dining. If you factor that in and your family still comes out ahead then congratulations, but for us it simply does not add up.
Exactly - We opted out of free dining and ended up with a better deal at WL with room and tickets. When we did the numbers 'free dining' was not that 'free.'

Kman101

it's almost comical how little seating there is in the parks. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has permanent stains on their clothes from spilling something while trying to walk and eat at the same time. 😩

And what little seating there is, it's constantly taken up because there's so little seating. Or you get left with spots in the direct sunlight no one else wants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom