News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

Clamman73

Is there any basis for these price increases -has the inflation rate sky rocketed, has the cost of production increased, has the cost of raw materials increased, labor costs up? I suspect it is simply a case of we are Disney and we can and the lemmings will not even notice.
My crowd level tracker numbers went down a lot for Studios and somewhat for MK for my end of the month trip...a little for DAK. I hope they don’t believe they can just make up the revenue lost from lower crowd levels with just charging more to the people that actually show up.

John park hopper

My crowd level tracker numbers went down a lot for Studios and somewhat for MK for my end of the month trip...a little for DAK. I hope they don’t believe they can just make up the revenue lost from lower crowd levels with just charging more to the people that actually show up.
Off topic Clamman73 I grew up on the north shore of LI did a lot of clamming as a kid in the 60's around Centerport and Northport

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also I am not sure if anyone has posted this elsewhere the premium Magic Bands that can be ordered are now a bit higher. They started out at $10.00 when that was first released. I am now seeing some for $15.00 and $20.00 as well. There is still one or two that are $10.00 and of course the solid color ones that are free, as a choice though. Marie
Well magic bands are purely a matter of self control.

If you think about it...we’re paying more progressively for a device made in sweatshops to contain our ticket...so hypothetically they can then use the data generated by it to reduce staffing to serve us and/or perhaps come up with new ways to package and sell us things beyond what we’ve already spent on that ticket? Based on our own patterns?
That’s the “theory”...it seems...from the stock driven management.

What’s 1000% awful is that the customers...such as Disney’s defenders on forums such as here...actually defend and even PROPOGATE that as a good idea.

Pipe down...they’re watching you.
Off topic Clamman73 I grew up onto north shore of LI did a lot of clamming as a kid in the 60's around Centerport and Northport
Took on diesel back in Montauk yesterday, left this morning from the bell in Gardiners Bay

drizgirl

Is there any basis for these price increases -has the inflation rate sky rocketed, has the cost of production increased, has the cost of raw materials increased, labor costs up? I suspect it is simply a case of we are Disney and we can and the lemmings will not even notice.
It's punishment for not showing up for SWGE in enough numbers yet.

Last edited:

Rista1313

The hubs decided to chance it one trip and not go with the Dining Plan, saved all the receipts from that trip and went through some seriously calculations seeing the Dining Plan versus paying out of pocket...

It was just sad.

Sad how? Sad as in you over paid, or underpaid?

I did this for our 2018 trip and we pretty much broke even, and maybe came out a tiny bit ahead of Disney including the snack credits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perhaps a few are waking up to reality and are getting their financial closets in order? Perhaps paying off debt, meeting monthly expenses on time so they don't lose their house, or condo, or car, to the bank? 😉
Blasphemy!

The market is boomin’...happy days are here again!

Live it up!!

ImperfectPixie

Sad how? Sad as in you over paid, or underpaid?

I did this for our 2018 trip and we pretty much broke even, and maybe came out a tiny bit ahead of Disney including the snack credits.
We always came out at least a little bit ahead until our oldest started being charged as an adult at age 10. As of right now, he's 13 and his appetite has increased enough to where it will be worth it again for us relatively soon provided that the math works out after all the price changes. Then of course, we get to go through the whole thing again because our youngest is 8 and barely eats anything, lol.

Rista1313

We always came out at least a little bit ahead until our oldest started being charged as an adult at age 10. As of right now, he's 13 and his appetite has increased enough to where it will be worth it again for us relatively soon provided that the math works out after all the price changes. Then of course, we get to go through the whole thing again because our youngest is 8 and barely eats anything, lol.

Yeah, there is only 2 of us, and we are both adults. One of us with an expensive appetite. I'll have to figure out the trip we just came from. We had free dining though, and I paid $400ish dollars to upgrade to DDP. So that comes out to about $25 per person per meal, not including snacks... so I think we came out ahead already.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, there is only 2 of us, and we are both adults. One of us with an expensive appetite. I'll have to figure out the trip we just came from. We had free dining though, and I paid $400ish dollars to upgrade to DDP. So that comes out to about $25 per person per meal, not including snacks... so I think we came out ahead already.
I’m trying to understand how Disney’s dining credits serve an expensive appetite? Can you elaborate?

ImperfectPixie

I've stayed on the phone for hours to get us free dining - saves us a bundle! We always upgrade, too...the buffets are virtually a necessity for us due to 3 picky eaters and me who just loves food.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We came out well ahead on our last trip (same as you free dining and paid a small amount to upgrade ).

zombiebbq

Still a full CNN Blackfish believer? There is ALWAYS two sides to a story which requires a lot of additional research which I have done.

eh, I don't need to see Sea World's "side". But hey, at least all their orcas will be dead in 10-20 years and no longer suffering! wonder how deep their discounts will be then 😉.

On Topic... I was so pleasantly surprised by the affordable prices for food & bev at the Tokyo resorts. Actually made me want to try a bunch of snacks. I don't get why people waste their money on garbage food here at the parks in the states... I'd rather save the money for a nice table service restaurant. which is what we always did visiting growing up. We never ate snacks, but always went to one of the nicer TS spots for dinner. better value IMO...

wannabeBelle

Well magic bands are purely a matter of self control.

If you think about it...we’re paying more progressively for a device made in sweatshops to contain our ticket...so hypothetically they can then use the data generated by it to reduce staffing to serve us and/or perhaps come up with new ways to package and sell us things beyond what we’ve already spent on that ticket? Based on our own patterns?
Agreed. Just posting the pricing increase for anyone who may have missed it. Marie

Rista1313

I’m trying to understand how Disney’s dining credits serve an expensive appetite? Can you elaborate?

I.E. My husband almost always orders the most expensive thing on the menu, so we usually get our moneys worth because of that. We are not light eaters.. I can see how someone who typically is a small eater or shares meals might not be good use of the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom