News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

KBLovedDisney

Well looks like it is going to take me longer to save up for a trip back to the World now... :rolleyes:
tenor.gif

^Not sarcasm. Stuff is getting too expensive for me to handle. 😔

Lilofan

as a former Merchandise castmember, I can't tell you how many times someone will ask the price of something, then I tell them and they scoff and say they don't want it or make some remark. and while I agree, it's often rude. I don't set the prices, don't blame me!
The guest may be going through something personal so don't take it personal.

Mainahman

kinda glad in a way we got the dining for the 2020 trip.... might have to pass on the popcorn bucket, its our usual go to but...

tirian

Apparently they don't understand why they have decreased attendance and are doing the opposite of remedying the situation.
Isn't the plan to raise prices in order to price people out to help with crowds?
No, that's just what some fans are hoping. Disney wants higher crowds AND higher prices.
Iger said they don't have a pricing problem, so it must be true.
Then you have the option of not going. I heard Sea World needs customers.

The more I travel, the more I eat in NYC or London, and the more Disney raises its prices for processed, packaged food that it unwraps and pretends is fresh—the more Disney dining feels like a ripoff. Sadly, this gouging just started over the last few years.

markc

Whether that poster goes to WDW or not is utterly irrelevant to the fact that Disney is demonstrating consistently shocking greed.

No. Greed would be Mobil or BP raising gas prices to $7 a gallon, knowing that people can't live without it. Greed is pharmaceutical companies charging an arm and a leg for life saving medicine.

Disney is just engaging in a questionable pricing practice with their guests to see how much they're willing to pay for a non-essential item. Nobody needs to go to Disney World nor do guests there need to buy a coke (a cup of water is always free). Thats why I hope at some point (and we're obviously starting to see it by way of decreased admission), people start actively voting with their wallets by NOT purchasing any item that has a price that far exceeds it's true market value. I know many folks, even with cast discounts, who have started to decrease their merchandise and food purchases. $4+ for sugar water at a park you've just paid over $100 to enter or $20+a day parking fee at a "deluxe" hotel that you're paying $380+ to stay there just doesn't make a lot of sense..but until people stop purchasing these items or agreeing to such fees, it won't stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom