News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

ImperfectPixie

I think it’s crass to block people from using open tables for any reason.

Disney should not be in that game. If I want to fly spirit airlines...I l know where to find them
Would you still feel that way if you'd bought a full lunch then couldn't find someplace to sit because so many had brought in their own food and were taking up tables?

matt9112

The earlier conversation was about sneaking your own food into a quick-service restaurant to take advantage of the AC, even though you have zero intention of purchasing food at that location and may be displacing people who DID buy food at that location. No one is questioning that bringing food into the parks themselves is allowed.

What i see more of is people sitting and not eating period. Waiting around sucking up seating. In either case i would say seating capacity is too low before i try to blame customers. Indoor traditional seating is lacking across all the parks relative to attendance. Think about it attendance has gone up x amount in a decade has seating gone up by the same amount? You and i both know the answer is heck no.

Edit- furthermore it ties into the underlying problem that from a physical space and infrastructure stand point the parks have not grown relative to attendance so just like ques food and bev and heck even merch is likely undersized for the amo8nt of humans visiting.

ImperfectPixie

What i see more of is people sitting and not eating period. Waiting around sucking up seating. In either case i would say seating capacity is too low before i try to blame customers. Indoor traditional seating is lacking across all the parks relative to attendance. Think about it attendance has gone up x amount in a decade has seating gone up by the same amount? You and i both know the answer is heck no.
Even outdoor shaded seating has been removed. It's bad...and I fear WDW may soon feel like 6 Flags in regards to lack of shade and places to sit and relax. But I still wouldn't take up seating in a restaurant unless I was buying and eating there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would you still feel that way if you'd bought a full lunch then couldn't find someplace to sit because so many had brought in their own food and were taking up tables?
Me personally? I would not care.

But to the ideological point: that’s why I said “open” tables. Restricting in a crowd is a reasonable step.

Are we talking about the avatar restaurant or the Star Wars here?

There’s NOBODY in the Star Wars restaurant...9 times times outta 10

ImperfectPixie

Me personally? I would not care.

But to the ideological point: that’s why I said “open” tables. Restricting in a crowd is a reasonable step.

Are we talking about the avatar restaurant or the Star Wars here?

No specific restaurant...just in general.

matt9112

Even outdoor shaded seating has been removed. It's bad...and I fear WDW may soon feel like 6 Flags in regards to lack of shade and places to sit and relax. But I still wouldn't take up seating in a restaurant unless I was buying and eating there.

I would also say without knowing any better IF the amount of people eating there own food is increasing to x level vs before i would argue disney is starting to hit there ceiling. (Think new york cigarette taxes) eventually you take and take until a noticeable demographic decides to for contexual sake buy elsewhere. This could be eating off site or bringing in your own food. Attempts to combat this with nore rigid rules and enforcement rarely go well nor does it fix the problem.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Let's face it... people relaxing on park benches are not buying merch or food.

Wow! You've been there 10 times already?

matt9112

Let's face it... people relaxing on park benches are not buying merch or food.

Maybe the core parks strategy shouldn't be wrapped around a food and merch tentpole? If you provide a great product at a fair value the rest falls into place. The parks are amazingly profitable but theres this ever growing itch that needs more. Squeeze every drop out of them to fuel the machine.

BromBones

It's very simple. All you have to do is buy an overpriced drink from a Disney quick service and eat your own food there.

For the amount of money you are paying for the parks you have every right to eat in comfort.

BromBones

That happens when I buy a lunch anyway. How many times have we gone to Pecos Bill's or Gaton's, etc. and had no place to sit because people bought food and are actually sitting and eating their food. You can't fault them for that. It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get lucky and get a seat, sometimes you don't.
And if they brought their own food I don't care. They have already paid enough to be in the parks. I can't begrudge them the ability to sit someplace comfortable to eat.

Now, Once you're done eating out of courtesy you should get up so someone else can have your table.
The biggest problems are with the people who sit there after eating for every prolonged periods of time just to have social hour.

BromBones

Maybe the core parks strategy shouldn't be wrapped around a food and merch tentpole? If you provide a great product at a fair value the rest falls into place. The parks are amazingly profitable but theres this ever growing itch that needs more. Squeeze every drop out of them to fuel the machine.

C'mon now. Iger Disney has made it very clear that the customer is no longer the most important thing....unless they are only spending money. If there is a place for someone to sit....there is profit to be had darn it.

Remember when the fireworks viewing garden areas were just fast pass areas.
Now you have to pay for them.
Remember when you used to be able to eat at the Plaza and sit on the patio to watch the fireworks?
Now you have to pay extra to sit there.

Disney charges for everything now.
They even charge you for having bell hops bring your food deliveries to your room from the lobby.
And don't think for a second that is not to dissuade people from ordering their own food.
That's why they charge you for parking at the hotels. They don't want you driving your own cars because then you can get off campus and eat somewhere else.
They would prefer people use Disney's Magical Express and resort transportation so they are basically stuck having to pay for Disney food.

It's only a matter of time before Disney stops allowing people to order food from outside and have it delivered to the hotels at all.

awoogala

Paying more and no more ketchup on-demand. How embarrassing:

Probably because people have become disgusting. I'm fine with this. Every self-serve ketchup thing I've seen at restaurants is gross. People are animals at restaurants, and just leave messes for others to clean.

tissandtully

Tastes better and better price point than QSR places at WDW. The ketchup and napkins I can ask for before eating.
I mean, sure, not entirely wrong. But shouldn't we strive for more for what we're paying? I can't tell if you're defending this or not, don't understand your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom