News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

Touchdown

The most ridiculously small serving size is the tots at Andy’s lunch box you get less then 10 tots with your adult meal, I get double the amount of tots at Springfield in USO. Unless the price goes down or serving size goes up I won’t eat there again, almost $9 for a grilled cheese and 9 tater tots is criminal.

BromBones

Probably because people have become disgusting. I'm fine with this. Every self-serve ketchup thing I've seen at restaurants is gross. People are animals at restaurants, and just leave messes for others to clean.

thank God they do because their messes employ people so they can clean them.

Minnesota disney fan

The small item when we get there is super key - it's literally saved us from whining I can't remember how many times. And forcing them to wait to choose two items at the end of our trip prevents the "I wants" during the rest of it and is helping them to be more particular about what they want to spend money on.

It's definitely gotten harder now that our oldest is charged as an adult and our youngest will be 10 in a year and a few months. In all seriousness though, aside from a long weekend one state away at the end of the summer, we don't spend much in the way of family entertainment outside of our Disney trips. We've decided we'd rather save and spend there as it is literally the only place where all 4 of us are excited and happy. (We still enjoy other places, but one person or another inevitably ends up bored.)
You just hit the nail on the head as to Why we always go to WDW. We get bored at the beach after a day, and other places are great, don't get me wrong. But we find we like to keep busy at our pace, see shows, wander through stores, explore, go to all the attractions, eat good meals, and all that is at Disney for us. Other places, (Universal), we go to for 2 days or so, but we found that Disney fills up all the "spots" that we need for a fun vacation. That is Why we go to Disney:)

Unplugged

No it's not! You are forgetting that each grilled cheese is made from what is assumed to be top quality cheese and bread. Not to mention that it's being serverd in the most magical place on earth. You should just be happy it's only $9. Geeze, some people are so ungrateful.

:cautious:
Indeed! Watch how they magically siphon the money from your bank account through our frivolous use of the magic bands! It's just like Vegas now. No clocks, no windows, and gaming payouts are tokenized chips or paper receipts so you don't put as much concern toward the money it represents.

Bpmorley

Ditto. And we buy food and make our own food throughout the day.
Disney has made it unaffordable and their food quality has dropped precipitously.
Just had this discussion with my wife. Last trip had a sub par dinner at Olivia's. For $110 off property we could eat 3 meals

BromBones

Just had this discussion with my wife. Last trip had a sub par dinner at Olivia's. For $110 off property we could eat 3 meals

Exactly. People can say what they want about Eisner, but when he was in charge the food at Disney was high quality and totally worth the price, customer service was excellent and the parks were immaculate.
It does not help that there is not a Disney family member on the board.

TrainsOfDisney

and the parks were immaculate.

I personally liked Eisner better than Iger as well but Disneyland was in extremely bad condition during Eisner’s era. I mean I think Galaxies Edge is disappointing but it has redeeming factors... compare that to California Adventure on opening day.

Chi84

Premium Member
We just returned from a 7-day trip. We didn’t notice any decrease in quality at the quick service restaurants we visited, but prices were a bit higher and portions seemed a bit smaller. That’s true of many restaurants these days, though, not just Disney. The exception was Tangierine Cafe. The management must have seen the thread here about smaller portions because we got heaping portions of everything including a side of olive salad that was spilling out all over the plate 😂.

BromBones

I personally liked Eisner better than Iger as well but Disneyland was in extremely bad condition during Eisner’s era. I mean I think Galaxies Edge is disappointing but it has redeeming factors... compare that to California Adventure on opening day.
I can’t speak to Disneyland. I have only gone to WDW.

erasure fan1

People can say what they want about Eisner, but when he was in charge the food at Disney was high quality and totally worth the price,
I wouldn't go so far as high quality and totally worth it. But I will say it was a lot better back then. Id say for myself, under Eisners run the food made it to acceptable. Now I just feel taken any meal I get, quick service or table service. When the bill comes and I get that total, it always turns my stomach a bit, no matter how the meal was.

The_Jobu

I wouldn't go so far as high quality and totally worth it. But I will say it was a lot better back then. Id say for myself, under Eisners run the food made it to acceptable. Now I just feel taken any meal I get, quick service or table service. When the bill comes and I get that total, it always turns my stomach a bit, no matter how the meal was.

Raise prices, cut spending, show high percentage growth in the books.

It'll catch up to them eventually. It's a precarious foundation to build upon.

BromBones

I see your point. For some reason the food back then was just way better. Presentation was better and the sit down restaurants had a much better atmosphere.
Under Iger I have been disappointed more than I have been satisfied.

TrainsOfDisney

I can’t speak to Disneyland. I have only gone to WDW.

Disneyland suffered more than WDW... but there were definite issues with Eisner as well.... Dino-Rama for example.

What I think you are seeing though... Eisner seemed to think of WDW as a true resort. This was reflected in the sit down dining and hotel quality during his time.

Iger and Chapek just see the parks as money.

BromBones

Disneyland suffered more than WDW... but there were definite issues with Eisner as well.... Dino-Rama for example.

What I think you are seeing though... Eisner seemed to think of WDW as a true resort. This was reflected in the sit down dining and hotel quality during his time.

Iger and Chapek just see the parks as money.

Yeah everyone makes mistakes.
And I agree with you regarding Iger’s approach.

I remember I was at MGM with my family a few weeks after it opened. We went to 50s Prime Time and were talking to some CMs there. They used to have a dessert that was ice cream in a chocolate, car shaped cup.
They told us that Eisner was just in there a few weeks back and tried the chocolate. He said, “I don’t like the texture of the chocolate. Send it all back.”
That’s how picky he was about food quality.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom