News WDW Food and Beverage Price Increases 10/1/2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Probably because people have become disgusting. I'm fine with this. Every self-serve ketchup thing I've seen at restaurants is gross. People are animals at restaurants, and just leave messes for others to clean.
Question: name one thing Disney has done wrong? Not by dictionary definition...just by the general appearance that it’s beneath them to do it?

Take your time

Lilofan

I mean, sure, not entirely wrong. But shouldn't we strive for more for what we're paying? I can't tell if you're defending this or not, don't understand your point.
We eat a big breakfast at our hotel prior to going to the parks and snack along the way bringing our snacks and drinks or purchasing in park. Rising costs, poorer quality, that's a given. We decide to go with alternative eating options.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We eat a big breakfast at our hotel prior to going to the parks and snack along the way bringing our snacks and drinks or purchasing in park. Rising costs, poorer quality, that's a given. We decide to go with alternative eating options.
so they are pricing you out and you are ok with that in your leisure activities?

Ok...different strokes
Took literally 1 post for the guests to be blamed for this round of cost cutting. Fantastic.
It’s amazing, isn’t it?

Customers are now demanded to pay as much as the supplier insists...or else there is retribution

Lilofan

so they are pricing you out and you are ok with that in your leisure activities?

Ok...different strokes

It’s amazing, isn’t it?

Customers are now demanded to pay as much as the supplier insists...or else there is retribution
Money we save on food, goes to extra shopping. It still goes to the mouse.

peter11435

Are we sure this is an intentional change? There are dozens of other counter service locations across the property that are not doing this. Seems to me that it could be simply an issue with their pumping station or supply and this was the contingency plan until it was repaired.

Last edited:

Gringrinngghost

The coral reef, The Little Mermaid limited time menu.
98F4294C-F11D-4B88-8B2B-AF19E086FEF1.jpeg
27EF04C9-8EB6-49D8-9FBF-4C809AB20272.jpeg
E870FB7E-39EC-441B-94C2-40301F1B7693.jpeg
F0938616-75F3-4927-A3E9-16E60617763E.jpeg
85656BCD-E394-4355-A3D9-EB3E1F5F0493.jpeg
CFA4B29D-AF02-4FF2-BD4C-1871D3E42322.jpeg
0E96A897-F691-4A41-A697-35B124B1B8BD.jpeg
75236679-6D3A-480D-A7CF-95E1EC470852.jpeg
F469B557-69E6-4FDC-B68F-40725E0D882B.jpeg
F7D12C15-0781-4B5E-90DA-1E67FA750DC8.jpeg

You do keep the menu.

Lilofan

I hope that you never experience some of the things I've seen with people I've had to help through our church and other ministries. I've seen far to many lose jobs, homes and property through no fault of their own and then not be able to get back on their feet again. Things that weren't their choice and beyond their control that put them in a situation that they couldn't get out of. And I've seen it time and time again. Companies going under, others cutting their labor force and letting people go; one of our banks went under and in the process ruined multiple mortgages that caused multiple foreclosures. I could go on and on.

Not everyone who is "poor" and can't get out of it is there by personal choice or lack of effort. Perhaps getting out a bit and doing some work in shelters, recovery centers, abuse homes, or other charities to the poor would give you a different perspective.
You make good points however my exposure with folks choosing to be poor are
- working part time instead of full time so they won't lose their government benefits such as low income housing and food stamps
- choosing to have multiple kids and proud of the fact the govt will help assist
-making poor financial choices and refusing to downsize and just blaming the govt
-I have volunteered at shelters, some not all that come are expert panhandlers during the day. I see them and walk by them on a daily basis.
-some folks I know continue to go to Disney, even though they can't even pay their monthly bills on time
- Living above their means and not accepting this in their minds

I have been poor, lost jobs, but maybe I hustled more than others always looking to make opportunities and sacrificed a lot. It's effort and that requires hard work. It all depends on the will of the person on how to improve their lives moving forward and how much sacrifice is to be made. I also rely on a strong faith to get me through always.

Club Cooloholic

I made a very similar point recently. I played in a charity golf outing in one of the more prestigious NJ country clubs this summer. The topic of DisneyWorld came up since the group I was in all had kids and have been.

Everyone made the same points, keep your hand on your wallet or the mouse will swipe it. These are guys making well into 6 and even 7 figures. Money isn’t an issue. But value is. And to a man, they all felt ripped off. That’s not good.
This is the part where my DVC purchase starts to look less like a vacation and more like trap. You think if they didn't know they had customers built in (and ever increasing )they would be raising these prices?

Animaniac93-98

Out of curiosity I looked up the current price of 1900 Park Fare, which used to be my favorite character breakfast at WDW.

$44 + tax and tip per adult. Last time I went (in 2014) it was $25. I even remember when it was $18.

Brunch at Chef Mickey's is $49 + tax and tip. 'Ohana's breakfast is "only" $41, though... :rolleyes:

Yeah I know they're popular, but at these prices I bet they wouldn't be if free dining, the DDP and tables in wonderland were not a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom