WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

jt04

This had been rumored a little while back, but it didn't seem to have the same footing that the Little Mermaid or the Monster's Inc Coaster had. I know there's a big crane back stage behind the Rainforest Cafe, but that could be completely unrelated.

How much of the site prep has been done by prior land clearing? We'd have to assume that more land clearing would have to be done in either Africa or Rafiki's Planet Watch if they're going to move the Festival of the Lion King (I would hate to see that removed). Would this be a clone of the Mysterious Island land at Tokyo's Disney Sea like we've been expecting (Journey to the Center of the Earth, and 20K Leagues Under the Sea)?

Just my two cents but that seems to be what this is and it is rumored as the main response to potterville.

The thought that they might do this is overwhelming. To think they might let JR create this new land in AK is one of those "too good to be true" scenarios. However if they do, AK will become the best theme park in the U.S. hands down.

I think FoTLK would go back to being a parade in the short term while they decide what to do with the show.

Personally I think it would go great in Adventureland (and there is an expansion pad there)

TP2000

While I doubt this new land is coming, let's remember something.

DCA is getting a 12-14 acre area built. It is set to open in 2012.

The bulldozers haven't even arrived.

If they can complete Carsland by mid-2012, I'm thinking they'll be able to make a land for Animal Kingdom in three years, easily.

While they aren't actively there ripping up the pavement and installing water lines yet, the Carsland expansion has been recently fenced off by a 15 foot high fence covered in black mesh. Here's a pic from last month before the last bit of fencing and mesh was installed that sealed off the Carsland area. http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/6557058_6qpxB#417261491_cd3ka-A-LB

That area is now full of construction equipment, but I couldn't find a recent picture to post.

But if marni1971 says they can still get bulldozers in to DAK by March, 2009 and make the 2012 opening of Disney's Australian Mysterious Island N' DVC Cart, then I trust him. We'll just have to see what happens this spring I guess. :)

goodtimes5286

I believe it.

1) Animal kingdom is the largest park to date (over 500 acers), and I doubt all of it is being utilized to its greatest potential

2) I just got back from WDW and RPW not only had hardly anyone around, but there wasn't even a draw! I went over the train b/c I never have been plus my dad wanted to see animals, and there is NOTHING! If they're going to have train rides to nothing then that's fine, but thats not usually DW's style

3) A big time resturant, a big time ride(s), etc. This could move some croud over to RPW (where no one seams to want to go) and make some use out of that train.

....just my 2 pennies....

IcicleM

I'm not sure about all of this, but I DO know that when I was with one of my managers while I worked there, they sent an e-mail from their computer to another manager's, and before he sent it, he checked spelling, grammar, re-read it and everything. I'm pretty sure any manager is required to send e-mails to ANYONE with an obsessive compulsive inflection hahaha

sillyspook13

While I doubt this new land is coming, let's remember something.

DCA is getting a 12-14 acre area built. It is set to open in 2012.

The bulldozers haven't even arrived.

If they can complete Carsland by mid-2012, I'm thinking they'll be able to make a land for Animal Kingdom in three years, easily.

Animal Kingdom's groundbreaking was in 1995 and the park opened in 1998... Three years for one land hardly seems unreasonable to me.:shrug:

Enigma

Account Suspended
Disney will not even refurbish a ride that desperatly needs it (Space Mountain) much less build a new land! They are incredibly short sighted!

Like I have been saying for over a year now...the earliest you will get a new attraction is 2013-2014 and even then its a maybe.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney will not even refurbish a ride that desperatly needs it (Space Mountain) much less build a new land! They are incredibly short sighted!

Like I have been saying for over a year now...the earliest you will get a new attraction is 2013-2014 and even then its a maybe.
Don't plan on riding Space Mountain next year... :D

EPCOT Explorer

Making the rounds tonight, I see...:lol:

Well, SM is getting *some* work done, that's a given. HoP is too.:shrug:

And since you are so well versed, could you tell us how you get four info?Did you once work for the company? WDI? CM? I honestly want to know. :) Not angry or anything, just curious.

agent86

For what it's worth, the OP did forward to me the original email that he received from Disney (as he stated he would to anyone who requested it). While I still believe that an email (even a fake email address) is not that difficult to fabricate, I have to give the OP credit for being able to deliver on everything that has been requested of him in this thread. Whether or not any of it amounts to "proof" that the email is real is of course still subject to some debate. But for the moment, I'm willing to adjust my position and give the OP a leap of faith that the email is indeed real. :wave:

Stitchon

Animal Kingdom's groundbreaking was in 1995 and the park opened in 1998... Three years for one land hardly seems unreasonable to me.:shrug:

Exactly. The point of the post is that if Carsland (which is supposed to be massive and intricately-themed) can be built in less than three years, I don't see why a new land in Animal Kingdom couldn't be built in that timeframe as well.

jt04

Making the rounds tonight, I see...:lol:

Well, SM is getting *some* work done, that's a given. HoP is too.:shrug:

And since you are so well versed, could you tell us how you get four info?Did you once work for the company? WDI? CM? I honestly want to know. :) Not angry or anything, just curious.

I believe he is wdw74's understudy

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
For what it's worth, the OP did forward to me the original email that he received from Disney (as he stated he would to anyone who requested it). While I still believe that an email (even a fake email address) is not that difficult to fabricate, I have to give the OP credit for being able to deliver on everything that has been requested of him in this thread. Whether or not any of it amounts to "proof" that the email is real is of course still subject to some debate. But for the moment, I'm willing to adjust my position and give the OP a leap of faith that the email is indeed real. :wave:

Thank you.

For the rest of you, once again what else do you people want for proof that the email I received was not fake. I do agree that it could have been a CM that "faked" the email, but I certainly didn't make up a fake email.

KrazyKemp

Let's give the poor guy a break, shall we?

While he may be a victim of a CM prank, (or misunderstanding), I do not believe the OP is attempting to decieve us.

So let us take this RUMOR with a grain of salt, and file it under "probably not gonna happen"...

Ok?

TP2000

Thank you.

For the rest of you, once again what else do you people want for proof that the email I received was not fake. I do agree that it could have been a CM that "faked" the email, but I certainly didn't make up a fake email.

If folks here with more advanced technical skills than me back you up that the email is legit, then I will change my tune and support you in your assertion that the email is legit. I apologize to you if my previous posts attacked you personally, as that was not my real intent. :eek:

That said..... Assuming this email is indeed legit, I think I am even more fired up with WDW's Guest Communications department for sending out such an abomination to a member of the paying public! The sentence construction was horrible, the grammar was poor, and they very clearly threw out the book on established and approved Company nomenclature! Since when is the park called "Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom"?!?

I joked earlier about a CM drunk on office party eggnog, but now that may not be a joke. If this email came from WDW Guest Communications, someone was very clearly not playing by the rules, nor were they doing their job correctly. That should pose as a huge warning flag for The Walt Disney Company's team of lawyers and corporate protectors, not to mention the horror that the leadership of Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale must be faced with to know some cubicle drone out in Orlando is firing off unofficial information about a major capital investment project that has yet to be publicly announced. YIKES! :eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If folks here with more advanced technical skills than me back you up that the email is legit, then I will change my tune and support you in your assertion that the email is legit. I apologize to you if my previous posts attacked you personally, as that was not my real intent. :eek:

That said..... Assuming this email is indeed legit, I think I am even more fired up with WDW's Guest Communications department for sending out such an abomination to a member of the paying public! The sentence construction was horrible, the grammar was poor, and they very clearly threw out the book on established and approved Company nomenclature! Since when is the park called "Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom"?!?

I joked earlier about a CM drunk on office party eggnog, but now that may not be a joke. If this email came from WDW Guest Communications, someone was very clearly not playing by the rules, nor were they doing their job correctly. That should pose as a huge warning flag for The Walt Disney Company's team of lawyers and corporate protectors, not to mention the horror that the leadership of Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale must be faced with to know some cubicle drone out in Orlando is firing off unofficial information about a major capital investment project that has yet to be publicly announced. YIKES! :eek:
Well, since it's signed and even if it's a pseudonym it's likely that CMs have assigned pseudonyms, the "team of lawyers and corporate protectors" now know who sent it because it's been posted here. She'll be fired if it's real.

jt04

Hmmm....a Disney land bail out package? Why not, we are bailing everyone else out.:shrug:

I was just refering to the bond Disney is issuing for 1 Billion Dollars :drevil:.

Hopefully, some of that is earmarked for WDW additions but that is not certain at this point. Just wishful thinking on my part and heartburn inducing for Al Lutz :lol:

ttalovebug

Let's give the poor guy a break, shall we?

While he may be a victim of a CM prank, (or misunderstanding), I do not believe the OP is attempting to decieve us.

So let us take this RUMOR with a grain of salt, and file it under "probably not gonna happen"...

Ok?

Off-topic...... I love your avatar. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom