WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

hemloc

It's actually common practice for most customer service centers to have correspondence using made up names. The data entry clerks that handle these types of emails and calls use a pseudonym that they make up and use when they correspond with customers./quote]

That explains why I talked to James who works for Sony, yet was clearly in India, hehe..

And you know this how? Looking them up in the phone book?

Ancient Chinese Secret... And the phonebook wouldn't do me any good, actually...

At any rate, anyone can be anybody or anything on the internet... And say anything they want. Don't you ever find it odd or wonder why the people that supposedly seem to know the most about what's going on at WDW are teenagers or people from the UK:shrug:?? mmmhmmm..

I have been responding if you read through entire thread. And for those that still don't believe it's real, why not write to them your self and see what response you receive. Also someone asked for a screen shot of the email so here is that. Anything else ???
screen.jpg

Allright, I'm just calling this as i see it. First with what i see:

Yes, this email did come from Disney. However, the OP most likely made up the content inside in the email. Looking closely, the paragraphs aren't quite right aligned. If you look, especially at the next to last paragraph, it is slightly, very slightly, off to the side a bit more than the others.

It is obvious that he went into a program like paint to place a black bar over the personal information. We know that for sure. It doesn't take rocket science to edit the screen shot. The header is legit because he used the actual email he got from Disney to do the photoshop on. He just placed a box over the existing text, typed the email in a text box, and saved it. He must have done this after the fact and forgot what he posted in the original.

Now my opinion:
Honestly, I think it was probabily done to stir up arguments on these boards. Just a prank. Haha, it is kind of funny how much a stink this has made up. I am the kind of person who would post something like this, just with the intent to cause racket and find that funny. I don't do it because I enjoy my account on here. I really do give props to the OP, it's kind of cool.

And if it's a legit email, my apologies.

maggiegrace1

Allright, I'm just calling this as i see it. First with what i see:

Yes, this email did come from Disney. However, the OP most likely made up the content inside in the email. Looking closely, the paragraphs aren't quite right aligned. If you look, especially at the next to last paragraph, it is slightly, very slightly, off to the side a bit more than the others.

It is obvious that he went into a program like paint to place a black bar over the personal information. We know that for sure. It doesn't take rocket science to edit the screen shot. The header is legit because he used the actual email he got from Disney to do the photoshop on. He just placed a box over the existing text, typed the email in a text box, and saved it. He must have done this after the fact and forgot what he posted in the original.

Now my opinion:
Honestly, I think it was probabily done to stir up arguments on these boards. Just a prank. Haha, it is kind of funny how much a stink this has made up. I am the kind of person who would post something like this, just with the intent to cause racket and find that funny. I don't do it because I enjoy my account on here. I really do give props to the OP, it's kind of cool.

And if it's a legit email, my apologies.
Not really..How can it be cool?..because all it does do if he did fake the email content was to cause people to question his credibility..so when he does come here with valid news..others will wonder if it is true or not based on this.

Makes no sense to me at all..:shrug:

futurepres

Even though it's been quite some time since I worked there, the land was already plotted for Australia, and this was as early as 1999. I don't know what the original date of completion was but come 2001 a lot changed, obviously. The location was to the right of the Conservation Station train, opposite the animal cage areas. I don't know the integration to that and the current guest areas, but I and the managers walked back there and it was a fairly large expansion area. I don't know much else and it's been a while, but with what you are stating, if it's still the same, it should be sooner than later! I still talk to my former managers from time to time and am curious to find out if they know anything....hmm.

EpcotServo

Do you know how much I wish Disney would get the theme park rights for Gurren Lagann? Could get a freakin' epic thrill ride out of the Battle of Teppelin and the war against the Anti-Spirals.

Also, Dreamfinder is totally a retired Spiral
Warrior. The Dreamport's probably some Dai-Gurren scale Mecha, the pavilion symbol's a spiral, he was able to create Figment out of mere thought to serve as his Boota of sorts. But then the Anti-Spirals in management had to take him out...

:lol: :sohappy:

RSoxNo1

I think this shows that all we need is 11 pages of questioning a rumor for one of the sites insiders to confirm it. What's the Yeti repair thread at right now?

tirian

I think this shows that all we need is 11 pages of questioning a rumor for one of the sites insiders to confirm it. What's the Yeti repair thread at right now?

Actually, several people, including Lee, confirmed it was planned a few pages back. I forgot which page, though.:lol:

Stitchon

While I doubt this new land is coming, let's remember something.

DCA is getting a 12-14 acre area built. It is set to open in 2012.

The bulldozers haven't even arrived.

If they can complete Carsland by mid-2012, I'm thinking they'll be able to make a land for Animal Kingdom in three years, easily.

RSoxNo1

This had been rumored a little while back, but it didn't seem to have the same footing that the Little Mermaid or the Monster's Inc Coaster had. I know there's a big crane back stage behind the Rainforest Cafe, but that could be completely unrelated.

How much of the site prep has been done by prior land clearing? We'd have to assume that more land clearing would have to be done in either Africa or Rafiki's Planet Watch if they're going to move the Festival of the Lion King (I would hate to see that removed). Would this be a clone of the Mysterious Island land at Tokyo's Disney Sea like we've been expecting (Journey to the Center of the Earth, and 20K Leagues Under the Sea)?

Pongo

While I doubt this new land is coming, let's remember something.

DCA is getting a 12-14 acre area built. It is set to open in 2012.

The bulldozers haven't even arrived.

If they can complete Carsland by mid-2012, I'm thinking they'll be able to make a land for Animal Kingdom in three years, easily.

This point was made a while back, but I think it may have gotten overlooked in the mess of everything else :lol:

I completely agree with you, except I think there may actually be something solid to this rumor.

It was also stated earlier that DL was built in just a year. I mean, it's not 1955 anymore... but then again, it's not 1955 anymore ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom