WDW 2003 DVD "Where Magic Lives"

disneytati

Original Poster
Hi, guys!

My aunt is going to WDW this Friday (I am not going with her!!!:cry: ), and I asked her to bring me this new DVD, "Where Magic Lives", that I saw on mainstreetmegastore.com. Does anyone have it? Can you give me some information about it? Sorry, it's just that I am too anxious to wait for it to arrive on May 11th...

RU42

Funny - I was about to ask a question on this DVD too. but my question is what is the park price for the DVD?

RU

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by RU42
Funny - I was about to ask a question on this DVD too. but my question is what is the park price for the DVD?

RU

I think it was $24.99 at the parks...

Is this DVD any Different than the 100YoM one? The 100YoM was really poor :(

SirNim

Originally posted by disneytati
What do you mean by poor?
Lacking, not up to potential, could have had more footage, better footage, could have been better all around

(I think;) ) :)

disneytati

Original Poster
I hope this "Where Magic Lives" dvd is better, then... I wonder if it has interactive features, extras, different sections??? Oh, I am dying for it anyway!!!:D

DanStat

Originally posted by DMC-12
I think it was $24.99 at the parks...

Is this DVD any Different than the 100YoM one? The 100YoM was really poor :(

I beleive it has more "rare" footage...in other words...crap you haven't seen in a while.

Other than the cover of the video, I don't think there is much difference. It wouldn't constitute buying another one.

DMC-12

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Lacking, not up to potential, could have had more footage, better footage, could have been better all around

(I think;) ) :)

Thanks SirNim, Thats what I ment :) :wave: ... I have seen better production work come out of Jr. High School media labs :lol: I sware!

wild01ride

Originally posted by DMC-12
Thanks SirNim, Thats what I ment :) :wave: ... I have seen better production work come out of Jr. High School media labs :lol: I sware!

Seriously, the 100YoM DVD was pretty shabby. The producers must have said
"Hey lets put together a DVD without ever leaving the editing studio. We'll just use footage from old videos."

I mean, I know they can save money by reusing footage, but I wouldn't expect the 100YoM DVD to look like it was made a full 100 years ago. Honestly, some of that footage must have been from the opening day of the park.
The worst part though was the voice-overs! Anyone who has ever been to the attractions in the DVD could tell you that they used [crappy] voice-overs rather than the actual audio from the attractions.

I would like to see the new DVD, but I am a little weary!

disneytati

Original Poster
Well, I am buying it anyway...:) I will watch it and then tell you about it. I thought that being a DVD it would have some interactive features and extras, like all DVDs. Anyway, I don't have vacation planning videos, because we can't order them from Brazil...:fork: I think I will like it very much!:)

blm07

Originally posted by wild01ride
I mean, I know they can save money by reusing footage, but I wouldn't expect the 100YoM DVD to look like it was made a full 100 years ago. Honestly, some of that footage must have been from the opening day of the park.
The worst part though was the voice-overs! Anyone who has ever been to the attractions in the DVD could tell you that they used [crappy] voice-overs rather than the actual audio from the attractions.

I would like to see the new DVD, but I am a little weary!

Yeah I know how you feel. I'm sure its becuase they don't want to pay royalties for the real narration, real music, or even real screams. It annoys me alot since I am normally completly aware of sounds around me.

Maerj

Well, I just got the new WDW DVD: Where the Magic Lives. If you own the previous DVD the one that says Walt Disney World/The Walt Disney Story, then you already own this. IT IS THE EXACT SAME VIDEO, except that it doesn't come with the Walt Disney Story part.

So, I repeat if you already own last years' WDW DVD, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE! I was very disappointed with this one as there are no extras at all and it is just the same video, recycled. They should have sent some interns out to shoot new footage. If you don't own the previous release, then you may want it.

blm07

Originally posted by Maerj
Well, I just got the new WDW DVD: Where the Magic Lives. If you own the previous DVD the one that says Walt Disney World/The Walt Disney Story, then you already own this. IT IS THE EXACT SAME VIDEO, except that it doesn't come with the Walt Disney Story part.

So, I repeat if you already own last years' WDW DVD, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE! I was very disappointed with this one as there are no extras at all and it is just the same video, recycled. They should have sent some interns out to shoot new footage. If you don't own the previous release, then you may want it.

That really sucks man, it looks like the videos are getting the same treatment as the soundtracks.

disneytati

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maerj

No extras at all??? Not even an interactive map? Just like any videotape? What's the point of being a DVD then?:veryconfu

WDWspider

Originally posted by disneytati
What's the point of being a DVD then?:veryconfu

What's better than just selling recycled crap?

Putting it in a pretty wrapper and selling it as new and improved hi tech crap. :lol:

Sorry, but I was wanting this DVD, now I guess I will pass.

Maerj

What's really funny is is the fact that the free travel planning DVDs that you can order from www.disneyworld.com have more extras than this DVD, that you actually have to pay for. Since I got the Family, Pre-Family and Post-Family versions of that DVD for free, I look at having to pay for this one as calling it even, if ya know what I mean. Its not that it is that bad, its just the same as the last disc they sold exclusively at the park, with less content. Also, $20 for an hour long DVD is way too much anyway. You are better off trying to get a copy of the free one than paying for the 'Where the Magic Lives' disc.

Nineinchnailsmk

caveat emptor!

I agree, I wish they would have told us that it was a re-hash of the 100yom dvd.

Im not bummed, this is a good back up, since Im sure i will burn a hole in the 100 yom dvd because i watch it so much!:hammer:

Good luck everyone! Maybe they'll have a new new new DVD ready after mission space and whatnot opens up

DMC-12

Thanks for the info everyone ... You just saved me $25! :sohappy:

I to, am much more pleased with the Vaca Planning DVD than the 100YoM DVD. :) :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom