WDCC Figment "Space Suit Figment: Journey Into Imagination"

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Keeping up with all of the other Figment merchandise release threads around here:

Figment_Front_View.jpg

More images available through link below.

Set to be released April 25, 2009

Price: $140

More information here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/wdw_WDCCFigment2009.html

I know I will be purchasing this, FOR SURE. The similar looking PVC Fig from the early 90s was my first-ever Figment souvenir, so this really struck a chord with me. Although, when I first saw it, I thought it was a Big Fig. Now that REALLY would've been great! :D

imamouse

Wow - $140 for a 6 1/2" tall figure? Sure is cute, but no can do. Thanks for the info anyway.

Edit: I just realized it's made of porcelain. Now the price makes more sense, but I still have to pass.

jmuboy

Wow - $140 for a 6 1/2" tall figure? Sure is cute, but no can do. Thanks for the info anyway.

This is a collectible art sculpture produced by the Walt Diseny Classics Collection (WDCC). That's why it has that price point, which for the WDCC is pretty reasonable.

PS - this is already available for purchase by calling WDW Mail Order. They will charge your card now and ship the piece as soon as it arrives in April. Call now to ensure you get one. The other four WDCC Figments sold out QUICKLY (with the exception of the Dreamfinder one).

WDWFigment

Original Poster
This is a collectible art sculpture produced by the Walt Diseny Classics Collection (WDCC). That's why it has that price point, which for the WDCC is pretty reasonable.

PS - this is already available for purchase by calling WDW Mail Order. They will charge your card now and ship the piece as soon as it arrives in April. Call now to ensure you get one. The other four WDCC Figments sold out QUICKLY (with the exception of the Dreamfinder one).

There are only three others ("One Little Spark", "Best Friends", and "Figment Pigment"). Of those, only "One Little Spark" sold out quickly (1 day). It took "Best Friends" 1 year and 2 month to sell out, and it took "Figment Pigment" around (I'm not exactly sure) 4-7 months.

That said, "Best Friends" was probably overpriced ($200) and overproduced (ed. of 1,000) due to the initial popularity of "One Little Spark" ($99, ed. of 500). I think they've struck the proper balance with the two most recent editions.

That said, mail order is probably a good option, but not a necessary option if you'll be visiting soon. Certainly don't buy it on eBay, where people notoriously try to sell pre-orders (usually successfully) for over $100 over face value.

SirGoofy

Aw, he was my favorite in the old ride, and probably one of the only enjoyable part of the new ride is getting to see him. Too expensive for my taste though.

Disney, stop giving us merch and gives us the freaking ride back!:fork:

puntagordabob

Love Figment! :) I agree though the price is a bit steep for us Poor Floridians ;) I would have to see this in person to see if I would spring for it at that price...I suppose "Maybe/ya never know" :)

jmuboy

Figment Pigment is my favorite of the 4 so far (owning all three and judging the current Space Suit Figment from the pics). I'm still getting the Space Suit version though. It's definitely cute.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Figment Pigment sold out by 4pm on the release day. Im not sure where you are getting 4-7 months.

It definitely did not sell out by 4pm on the release day. Maybe it sold out at EPCOT by that time, but it was also stocked at DtD, AK, MK, and the NY World of Disney.

blm07

It's now on display at Art of Disney in Epcot. It hasn't sold out yet, and it can be pre-ordered still (watching for the stampede) :zipit:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom