Waterfront District "Hyperion Wharf" Set to be added to Pleasure Island

Mouse Detective

While I sympathize with and understand that the people who lost their good time experiences are upset......

Nightclubs go out of business all the time and there is little mourning. But there's reasons why so many people are upset about the closing of the Pleasure Island clubs. 1) Most were highly themed well beyond most night clubs. 2) The way management ran PI into the ground, either on purpose or because of incompetence. 3) The promises that several clubs would remain open but didn't. 4) The closure with absolutely nothing on-line to replace any of it. 5) The dog minded refusal to consider reopening AC, CW and 8TRAX even though they have nothing leased for those spaces and all of them could be configured to meet their definition of family-friendly.

That's why we're upset.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Nightclubs go out of business all the time and there is little mourning. But there's reasons why so many people are upset about the closing of the Pleasure Island clubs.

1) Most were highly themed well beyond most night clubs.
2) The way management ran PI into the ground, either on purpose or because of incompetence.
3) The promises that several clubs would remain open but didn't.
4) The closure with absolutely nothing on-line to replace any of it.
5) The dog minded refusal to consider reopening AC, CW and 8TRAX even though they have nothing leased for those spaces and all of them could be configured to meet their definition of family-friendly.

That's why we're upset.

6) Their refusal to admit that they made a mistake.

BeanSz

THis is awesome. All those stuck in the past...move on. Time to enjoy the future, make some new memories, and see what comes of it.

jt04

6) Their refusal to admit that they made a mistake.

The fact that they have decided to end the PI experiment makes it obvious they think it was a mistake whether they want to admit it or not.

The success of this new configuration will magnify just how bad the PI business concept was. PI cost Disney countless millions of dollars.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The fact that they have decided to end the PI experiment makes it obvious they think it was a mistake whether they want to admit it or not.

The success of this new configuration will magnify just how bad the PI business concept was. PI cost Disney countless millions of dollars.

While I do think the new concept looks good, I will wait to see how good of a business model it will be.

I will just let your last comment slide by as just another JT'ism stated to support your past misguided comments. :rolleyes:

SeaCastle

Since when was PI an experiment? I think your personal vendetta against anything inappropriate for visitors under the age of eight at WDW is clouding your judgement.

jt04

While I do think the new concept looks good, I will wait to see how good of a business model it will be.

I will just let your last comment slide by as just another JT'ism stated to support your past misguided comments. :rolleyes:

See my comment below.

JT,you've sunk to a new low with that line. All sources state that PI was profitable throughout its existence, even during the final years.

Just because it may have been profitable at certain times does not change the fact that a smarter concept would have generated much more income for the mouse which is lost income. The new concept will prove that IMO. Cha-ching $$$$. Trust me on this.

See my comment above.

Since when was PI an experiment? I think your personal vendetta against anything inappropriate for visitors under the age of eight at WDW is clouding your judgement.

I have stated many times that a PI concept completely seperated from families and made 21 and over on property could do well and I wouldn't mind seeing it built. So as usual, you don't have all the facts. Are you related to mousdad? :lookaroun

SeaCastle

See my comment below.

Just because it may have been profitable at certain times does not change the fact that a smarter concept would have generated much more income for the mouse which is lost income. The new concept will prove that IMO. Cha-ching $$$$. Trust me on this.

See my comment above.

I have stated many times that a PI concept completely seperated from families and made 21 and over on property could do well and I wouldn't mind seeing it built. So as usual, you don't have all the facts. Are you related to mousdad? :lookaroun

This is laughable. You want us to trust you when you don't acknowlledge facts and have credible posters always debunking your myths? I trusted you to keep your word and cease posting until a DTD announcement was made, yet you made over half a dozen posts. By the way, is Pixie Hollow still happening? What happend to those foundations you insisted were being built on the Project X site over the summer? aHow did that prediction measure up to the last aerial photo? There were no foundations. Before accusiing others of lacking faacts, examine your own posts before posting.

jt04

This is laughable. You want us to trust you when you don't acknowlledge facts and have credible posters always debunking your myths? I trusted you to keep your word and cease posting until a DTD announcement was made, yet you made over half a dozen posts. By the way, is Pixie Hollow still happening? What happend to those foundations you insisted were being built on the Project X site over the summer? aHow did that prediction measure up to the last aerial photo? There were no foundations. Before accusiing others of lacking faacts, examine your own posts before posting.

They were still removing buried elements of the 20K structure. That is what I saw. There is a difference between stating something as fact or opinion. You seem incapable of discerning between the two. Your problem, not mine.

It is a fact that the word 'fact' is spelled with one 'a'.

You have just AGAIN proved how laughable your insinuations and accusations really are.

I enjoy mixing in a little sarcasm. Glad you have learned to enjoy it.

I think not.

And therin lies the problem.

Goodnight. :wave:

SeaCastle

They were still removing buried elements of the 20K structure. That is what I saw. There is a difference between stating something as fact or opinion. You seem incapable of discerning between the two. Your problem, not mine.

It is a fact that the word 'fact' is spelled with one 'a'.

I enjoy mixing in a little sarcasm. Glad you have learned to enjoy it.

And therin lies the problem.

Goodnight. :wave:

How do you know they are removing 20K elements?

And the fact you're pointing out my spelling mistakes to further your argument makes me believe you may not be mature enough to participate here.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

no, the west side and its poor design cost Disney. When you ring the goose's neck it'll stop breathing eventually and that's what happened to PI

niteobsrvr

no, the west side and its poor design cost Disney. When you ring the goose's neck it'll stop breathing eventually and that's what happened to PI

Honestly, the biggest mistake made at DTD was the attempt to set everything on the lake. The views were effectively wiped out from the shopping vantage points by the restaurants whos configurations did not allow for a water view in many cases either.

Then the double and at one point triple bus stop situation made getting around the area a nightmare. Parking should have been a structure or two to maximize space for pedestrian use as it is at many other such shopping destinations.

Much of what is the parking at the Marketplace should have been additional shops and eateries making the entire area more pedestrian friendly. The pleasure island portion should have been incorporated as it will be now as a waterfront area. In general, there should have been more greenspace between venues to give it a more park like setting that opened on to a waterfront vista.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom